Ex-teammate says Lance Armstrong inje...

Ex-teammate says Lance Armstrong injected EPO

There are 6 comments on the El Paso Times story from May 19, 2011, titled Ex-teammate says Lance Armstrong injected EPO. In it, El Paso Times reports that:

Tyler Hamilton, a former teammate of Lance Armstrong, told "60 Minutes" that he used performance-enhancing drugs with the seven-time Tour de France winner to cheat in cycling races, including the tour.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at El Paso Times.

OJOS AZULES

El Paso, TX

#1 May 20, 2011
Epogen is not a "steroid" or testosterone, but can be very dangerous if injected into a person that is not anemic because of kidney disease or chemotherapy. the body can only take so many red blood cells. High amounts of hemoglobin can pose a threat and people who suffer from this kind of illness usually have to have blood removed from their body. I'm sure Lance was exposed to Epogen during cancer treatment and then MAYBE came up with the bright idea that he could use it for endurance?
Wiki

Arab, AL

#2 May 20, 2011
OJOS AZULES wrote:
Epogen is not a "steroid" or testosterone, but can be very dangerous if injected into a person that is not anemic because of kidney disease or chemotherapy. the body can only take so many red blood cells. High amounts of hemoglobin can pose a threat and people who suffer from this kind of illness usually have to have blood removed from their body. I'm sure Lance was exposed to Epogen during cancer treatment and then MAYBE came up with the bright idea that he could use it for endurance?
Quit quoting my contents without giving proper credit.
Wiki

Arab, AL

#3 May 20, 2011
Does anyone even care about these guys? Is there not more severe crimes to investigate than doping accusations?

Let guys Lance Armstrong and Barry Bonds ride off in the sunset. Has anyone even given these guys 1 thought since their accomplishments of what seems decades ago now.
OJOS AZULES

United States

#4 May 20, 2011
Wiki wrote:
Does anyone even care about these guys? Is there not more severe crimes to investigate than doping accusations?
Let guys Lance Armstrong and Barry Bonds ride off in the sunset. Has anyone even given these guys 1 thought since their accomplishments of what seems decades ago now.
1) this is common medical knowledge.
2) these are not just any athletes. The issue is the integrity of the sport, not the type of crime.
stefan

Walnut Creek, CA

#5 May 20, 2011
Who needs government role in sports? That's why each sport has a governing body to deal with drug use. I truly don't care whether they use or not, that's their choice to take the risk of being banned or be harmed by it. I must admit it's been very inspiring to watch LA cranking up the mountains. That's what they do. It's their job. I just don't care about any government intrusion into sport.
pedsInLA

Wallingford, PA

#6 May 23, 2011
stefan wrote:
Who needs government role in sports? That's why each sport has a governing body to deal with drug use. I truly don't care whether they use or not, that's their choice to take the risk of being banned or be harmed by it. I must admit it's been very inspiring to watch LA cranking up the mountains. That's what they do. It's their job. I just don't care about any government intrusion into sport.
The problem with ILLEGAL drugs or cheating in sports is the athletes must do business with in the ILLEGAL drug trade to get their drugs that are not legally prescribed by a doctor. Investigating ILLEGAL drugs in sports if nothing else should be done to catch ILLEGAL drug dealers. ILLEGAL Drug dealing IS a federal offense in the US. If Lance didn't do this crap here in the continental US he should have nothing to fear from US authorities anyway. But the European authorities are a different story.

Cheating is bad enough but the criminal behavior involved is even worse.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Tour de France Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
TDF Shows Why Ex-Riders Not Administrators Shou... Jul '17 Jeff 2
Do you know where you will spend eternity? Jul '17 JacquelineDeane55 1
Tour de France Jul '17 Ivan penaherrera 1
Peter Jul '17 Tracy 1
News Saunier Duval - Prodir 2006 (Dec '05) Feb '17 CyclingPhartz 2
News Not Even Lance Deserves This (Dec '13) Jan '17 Phoenix 43
News Greg Lemond demands 'corrupt' cycling czars resign (Oct '12) Aug '16 Bikers 7
More from around the web