5 things to know about Tour de France

5 things to know about Tour de France

There are 12 comments on the MySanAntonio.com story from Jul 14, 2013, titled 5 things to know about Tour de France. In it, MySanAntonio.com reports that:

Five things to know as the Tour de France enters its second and final rest day on Monday: 1. ONE DAY, TWO JERSEYS: Chris Froome of Britain finished Sunday with the stage victory, the yellow jersey still on his back and an even bigger lead over his main rival Alberto Contador.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at MySanAntonio.com.

Gus

Vancouver, Canada

#1 Jul 15, 2013
The main thing we need to know...is he CLEAN?...I hope so,his accelerations seemed a bit extraordinary and to beat Lance's record by over 1: mins...Hmmm!
Gus

Vancouver, Canada

#2 Jul 15, 2013
1:30 mins!
My Opinion_El Paso_TX

El Paso, TX

#4 Jul 15, 2013
Good point Gus.

I have enjoyed watching the TDF and am trying hard in staying objective there.

Sad to state that the various cycling forums are saying other wise as many posters state their belief that Froome and Team Sky are doping.

Cheers
Athos

Barnsley, UK

#5 Jul 18, 2013
Gus wrote:
The main thing we need to know...is he CLEAN?...I hope so,his accelerations seemed a bit extraordinary and to beat Lance's record by over 1: mins...Hmmm!
he IS clean, as are most of them this year
My Opinion_El Paso_Texas

United States

#6 Jul 21, 2013
Athos wrote:
<quoted text>he IS clean, as are most of them this year
I hope you're correct here Chris.

I have enjoyed this year's TDF, especially in the mountains.

But, too many have been criticising Team Sky for looking and behaving like Lance Armstrong with US Postal & Discovery did in the past years.

Cheers
Athos

Sheffield, UK

#7 Jul 22, 2013
My Opinion_El Paso_Texas wrote:
<quoted text>
I hope you're correct here Chris.
I have enjoyed this year's TDF, especially in the mountains.
But, too many have been criticising Team Sky for looking and behaving like Lance Armstrong with US Postal & Discovery did in the past years.
Cheers
If you are what you say you are, all you need to do is look at body language when the riders are on the podium and even more so at the finish line. Remember ‘the eyes are the window to the soul (and truth) LA had me fooled, he had all the body language of a cheat, but My thoughts were,“How can he be a cheat, he has never failed a test” Trust me, Chris Froome is clean. Good for him UK and South Africa
My Opinion_El Paso_Texas

El Paso, TX

#8 Jul 23, 2013
Athos wrote:
<quoted text>If you are what you say you are, all you need to do is look at body language when the riders are on the podium and even more so at the finish line. Remember ‘the eyes are the window to the soul (and truth) LA had me fooled, he had all the body language of a cheat, but My thoughts were,“How can he be a cheat, he has never failed a test” Trust me, Chris Froome is clean. Good for him UK and South Africa
You may be correct Chris, but I sure as hell am not going to go on your word alone.

You have too much personal involvement here.

I fully know and understand in observing people, yet just as you stated about Lance Armstrong, he had many fooled as well.

There lies the main problem with both Team Sky and Bradley Wiggins & Chris Froome.

Their behaviour have been pointed out by all too many as being quite similar to LA and US Postal/Discovery.

There is also no transparency with this team and their riders.

The only thing that I will say here is that I will provide them with the same gesture that I did with Floyd Landis and Lance Armstrong. "Innocent till proven guilty!"

I myself am not stating that they are doping as I don't have the pertinent info at hand.

But, I really enjoyed this TDF, especially in the mountains.

Cheers
Athos

Sheffield, UK

#9 Jul 25, 2013
My Opinion_El Paso_Texas wrote:
<quoted text>
You may be correct Chris, but I sure as hell am not going to go on your word alone.
You have too much personal involvement here.
I fully know and understand in observing people, yet just as you stated about Lance Armstrong, he had many fooled as well.
There lies the main problem with both Team Sky and Bradley Wiggins & Chris Froome.
Their behaviour have been pointed out by all too many as being quite similar to LA and US Postal/Discovery.
There is also no transparency with this team and their riders.
The only thing that I will say here is that I will provide them with the same gesture that I did with Floyd Landis and Lance Armstrong. "Innocent till proven guilty!"
I myself am not stating that they are doping as I don't have the pertinent info at hand.
But, I really enjoyed this TDF, especially in the mountains.
Cheers
Your memory is short Harry, you and many others called my all the names under the sun for saying FL was a cheat. What a ridr on stage 17 of his, but I said then that I cheered him all the way, untill he crossed the line, then, oh dear
Oh well continue knocking the Brit cyclists, just when we need support
My Opinion_El Paso_Texas

El Paso, TX

#10 Jul 25, 2013
Athos wrote:
<quoted text>Your memory is short Harry, you and many others called my all the names under the sun for saying FL was a cheat. What a ridr on stage 17 of his, but I said then that I cheered him all the way, untill he crossed the line, then, oh dear
Oh well continue knocking the Brit cyclists, just when we need support
Once again I see that you're still incapable of comprehending
anything that I write here Chris.

But, then you're still too sacred to read what others have to say on the other cycling forums such as the "Daily Peloton" and "Cycling News" (though that one is closed at the moment).

I never criticised you for your belief that Floyd Landis cheated Chris. I criticised you for being too lazy in reading the posts in order to catch up on the discussions because you cared all the more about your own little issues in your own little world of walking.

I also criticised you for being all too lazy in ignoring the science that laid behind the text that was involved in the case, even including the science paper written by one of your own labs there in England. All you did was come out with total BS excuses and DS statements that didn't even come close to supporting your opinions.

How can you expect any of us in supporting you here when you're not even able to support yourself here?

If you were truly honest here Gus or Chris, then both of you would have already begun your home work here as well.

I began my homework during the London Summer Olympics when I read a cycling article, which caught my eye and then redirected me in a direction where I began finding a lot more about British cycling.

If either of you Boneheads had done the same, then maybe you would have seen and read the "Not Normal" paper written by a group who have been studying some of the big named riders for the past 21 years.

Cheers

“Carpe Diem”

Since: Mar 07

Bristol UK

#11 Jul 27, 2013
Sky have been very 'Open' with the press and TDF organizers

“Carpe Diem”

Since: Mar 07

Bristol UK

#12 Jul 27, 2013
My Opinion_El Paso_Texas wrote:
<quoted text>
Once again I see that you're still incapable of comprehending
anything that I write here Chris.
But, then you're still too sacred to read what others have to say on the other cycling forums such as the "Daily Peloton" and "Cycling News" (though that one is closed at the moment).
I never criticised you for your belief that Floyd Landis cheated Chris. I criticised you for being too lazy in reading the posts in order to catch up on the discussions because you cared all the more about your own little issues in your own little world of walking.
I also criticised you for being all too lazy in ignoring the science that laid behind the text that was involved in the case, even including the science paper written by one of your own labs there in England. All you did was come out with total BS excuses and DS statements that didn't even come close to supporting your opinions.
How can you expect any of us in supporting you here when you're not even able to support yourself here?
If you were truly honest here Gus or Chris, then both of you would have already begun your home work here as well.
I began my homework during the London Summer Olympics when I read a cycling article, which caught my eye and then redirected me in a direction where I began finding a lot more about British cycling.
If either of you Boneheads had done the same, then maybe you would have seen and read the "Not Normal" paper written by a group who have been studying some of the big named riders for the past 21 years.
Cheers
Scared? Lazy? I did work 8 hours a day in a pretty manual job; I did train up to 50 miles a day on top of that. I did serve my country in the RAF. I did manage at least one National Championship, I did manage to be somewhere near the top at one part of the UK cycling national (racing) for 21 years
But then, yes I may be ‘lazy in not wanting to read all of the (MOEP) forums
Get of your backside and away from that PC
My Opinion_El Paso_Texas

United States

#13 Jul 27, 2013
Athos wrote:
<quoted text>Scared? Lazy? I did work 8 hours a day in a pretty manual job; I did train up to 50 miles a day on top of that. I did serve my country in the RAF. I did manage at least one National Championship, I did manage to be somewhere near the top at one part of the UK cycling national (racing) for 21 years
But then, yes I may be ‘lazy in not wanting to read all of the (MOEP) forums
Get of your backside and away from that PC
Tsk, Tsk, temper, temper Chris!

No one said anything about your cycling adventures Chris.

As to MOEP forums Chris, this is the only forum that I even write into as I have never participated in any other cycling forum. But, I do read other cycling forums in order to access both sides of the issue on any and every topic involved with cycling. How else does one learn what others think and have to say about a sport that we all love.

Cheers Dip Shit

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Tour de France Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
TDF Shows Why Ex-Riders Not Administrators Shou... (Jul '17) Jul '17 Jeff 2
Do you know where you will spend eternity? (Jul '17) Jul '17 JacquelineDeane55 1
Tour de France (Jul '17) Jul '17 Ivan penaherrera 1
Peter (Jul '17) Jul '17 Tracy 1
News Saunier Duval - Prodir 2006 (Dec '05) Feb '17 CyclingPhartz 2
News Not Even Lance Deserves This (Dec '13) Jan '17 Phoenix 43
News Greg Lemond demands 'corrupt' cycling czars resign (Oct '12) Aug '16 Bikers 7