Report: Landis admits doping and fing...

Report: Landis admits doping and fingers Armstrong

There are 33 comments on the LA Daily News story from May 20, 2010, titled Report: Landis admits doping and fingers Armstrong. In it, LA Daily News reports that:

This July 22, 2004, fie photo shows overall leader Lance Armstrong, right, straining in the ascent of the La Croix Fry pass, as teammate Floyd Landis pours water over his neck, during the 17th stage of the Tour de France cycling race between Bourg-d'Oisans and Le Grand Bornand, French Alps.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at LA Daily News.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
My Opinion_El Paso_Texas

United States

#21 Jun 26, 2010
speedypete wrote:
<quoted text>
Eddie, my mate, you've hit the nail on it's head!! I agree 100%.
This is the best advice ever given to our friend Floyd.
Yes, but Floyd's wife might not agree with you Pieter.
are you really that blind

Germany

#22 Jun 29, 2010
Mike wrote:
What a weasel. Good luck finding sponsorship and friends.
lance armstrong is the biggest and dirtyest cheater and liar of all times and he isnĀ“t ashamed of it since decades.
the tour de france was NEVER a doping clean sport but thanks to lance it will never be clean either.
shame on you and your Team that made this possible
PatW

United States

#23 Jul 24, 2010
I am sick at Floyd Landis's wish to drag everyone else down too. I would tell him leave it alone. I think everyone knows druging was part of many sports. Even if its true... be responsible for yourself Floyd. Let the sport fix itself. Don't throw mud on it. Just deal with yourself. No excuses to make yourself feel better. The respectful thing to do would be to leave the sport alone. Let people in it take care of things that may be or not be wrong. What you are doing discusts me.
Gus

Vancouver, Canada

#24 Jul 24, 2010
...just saw on the News yesterday,Lance has been Tested more than 300 times and NOTHING has been found,so go back to sleep Floyd.I once believed in you but now,you are just a piece os SHIT!!!
Raymond

Lyon, France

#25 Jul 24, 2010
Gus wrote:
...just saw on the News yesterday,Lance has been Tested more than 300 times and NOTHING has been found,so go back to sleep Floyd.I once believed in you but now,you are just a piece os SHIT!!!
Some of us said this over three years ago Gus. Basicly, based on the unbelievable is unbelievable. I agree with you about Lance. No evidence, so let us just admire a superb cyclist after his final Tour. Governments keep out!

Keep those pedals turning my friend. At our age, thats what keeps us young!

My best regards Gus. Raymond
PatW

United States

#26 Jul 24, 2010
Bejerre wrote:
I'm European and I don't find it all that hard to believe Landis when he says that Armstrong and the rest of his team were in on it.
But then again, it's my personal opinion that cyclism is one of the most doped sports in the world.
(aside from maybe athletics)
----------
I agree with you there. I love watching the sport. I hope these days the sport is monitored alot more and its not "the thing" as it seemed to be in the past. But I don't respect Landis trying to bring eveyone down with him. What jappened to him happened.... and maybe its good. But I think he should be quiet about it. Let the sport fix itself without bringing everyone down with him. I would respect him alot more
Cyclingfan

San Francisco, CA

#27 Jul 24, 2010
Tyler Hamilton is the latest that will testify against Lance in the grand jury subpoena. I don't want to believe it myself but I am going to wait till the smoke clears.
EJM

Duluth, MN

#28 Jul 25, 2010
Cyclingfan wrote:
Tyler Hamilton is the latest that will testify against Lance in the grand jury subpoena. I don't want to believe it myself but I am going to wait till the smoke clears.
I guess I've always subscribed to, "Where there smoke, there's fire."

Five of LA's teammates have admitted to doping: Manuel Beltran, Roberto Heras, Tyler Hamilton, Floyd Landis and Frankie Andreu. Frankie Andreu testified under oath that he'd heard LA tell his cancer doctor he'd used steroids, testosterone, and EPO. FL is accusing LA, although there's a credibility issue, of course. And, now, TH will say it's true. Hard to see an icon fall.
Cyclingfan

San Francisco, CA

#29 Jul 25, 2010
There is no credibility issue, they are credible witnesses because they were his team mates, once a team mate always a team mate. The truth will help all of cycling we need to stop turning our back to sensitive issues and sweeping issues under the rug because it will not clean up our sport.
The Bringer of Truth

Ellicott City, MD

#30 Jul 26, 2010
LA Biker wrote:
Wow!! What a bombshell! Sales of Landis' book, "Positively False: The Real Story of How I Won the Tour de France" at the 99 cent store are gonna go through the roof!!
I thought ZenMud bought all those up. Hmmmm
Cyclingfan

San Francisco, CA

#31 Jul 28, 2010
Landis does have credibility issues but to say that Lance is freed from cheating and frugs is even more absurd.
doubter

Hershey, PA

#32 Jul 30, 2010
Look closely at the words in Armstrong's response against Landis' accusations. First he demeans Landis, then boasts about his own incredible series of cycling wins, then says there's no proof, and "we like our story."

Methinks the lady doth protest too much. If he didn't dope, he would just simply say, I never did it, and leave it at that.
Cyclingfan

San Francisco, CA

#33 Jul 31, 2010
Trust me Lance did performance enhancing with training and drugs.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Tour de France Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Greg Lemond demands 'corrupt' cycling czars resign (Oct '12) Aug '16 Bikers 7
Tour de France fiasco Jul '16 S-M- Johnson 1
News Cycling: Lance Armstrong 'still lying' says USA... (Jan '13) Jun '16 Greg McManom 29
News Lance Armstrong's doping drugs (Jan '13) Jan '16 Fart news 189
News Not Even Lance Deserves This (Dec '13) Aug '15 kiki2 42
News Stephanie McIlvain and Lance Armstrong at a 200... (Jul '15) Jul '15 TheRaceRadio 1
News Alberto Contador lays claim as cycling great, a... (Jun '15) Jun '15 DCDierking 1
More from around the web