When The Wheels Come Off

When The Wheels Come Off

There are 3 comments on the BroadcastNewsroom story from Aug 5, 2007, titled When The Wheels Come Off. In it, BroadcastNewsroom reports that:

“I think we have momentum, we're thriving ' you talk about the NFL and other near misses out there, but I focus on the things that we accomplished”

Despite accusations that last year's winner, American Floyd Landis, and many other top riders used performance-enhancing drugs during past Tours, year-to-year viewership was only down 8% going into the Tour's ... via BroadcastNewsroom

Join the discussion below, or Read more at BroadcastNewsroom.

rubber side down

Edwardsville, IL

#1 Aug 5, 2007
Versus will have a hard time keeping viewership with the types of sports they show. I found the cage fighting promos a real turnoff during the TdF shows. You have to be pretty violent natured to watch those combatants beating and kicking the hell out of each other.

Of course, while I loved to watch the competitiveness of a mountain climb or sprint, I winced every time there was a crash. It reminded me of the last road rash experience.

“crystelZENmud”

Since: Jan 07

Reality City

#2 Aug 6, 2007
That's R*** R*** my friend... heh heh...

Now I have to go shave my legs, just to ward off the evil spirits...:-)

For years, until ?(Was part of Tour de Romandie most recently), tomorrow would be the day of 'A Travers Lausanne', a great historic, revived classic Post-Tour event, that recently has featured Pantani, Armstrong, Hamilton and others, in a match of two identical TT runs, featuring lakeside flats and a STEEP mother climb through Lausannes 15-20% hills (some good looking legs on lady-bikes there!)

History:
http://www.memoire-du-cyclisme.net/disparues/...

So I'd be going to see the Tour survivors, seeking to win a bit more summertime cash...

ZENmissing

“I Love Life, People & Animals”

Since: Feb 07

El Paso, Texas

#3 Aug 6, 2007
The daily crashes that took place at this year's TDF was astounding. I can also relate to crash and burn.

Cheers

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

T-Mobile Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Saunier Duval - Prodir 2006 (Dec '05) Feb '17 CyclingPhartz 2
News Opinion: Should we just stop asking about doping? (Jul '13) Apr '14 Carly Jane 2 31
News Armstrong begins cycling comeback in Australia (Jan '09) Apr '13 My Opinion_El Pas... 51
News If Lance Armstrong wants to redeem himself, he ... (Oct '12) Oct '12 My_Opinion_El_Pas... 15
News Chris Kirwan Says: Tour doubters are not dopes (Jul '12) Jul '12 My Opinion_El Pas... 6
News Boonen bored of doping "soap operas" as he clos... (Feb '12) Feb '12 Couch Potato 1
News Ullrich banned for blood doping (Feb '12) Feb '12 fan 1
More from around the web