Vinokourov's team quits after he test...

Vinokourov's team quits after he tests positive -- chicagotribu...

There are 22 comments on the Chicago Tribune story from Jul 24, 2007, titled Vinokourov's team quits after he tests positive -- chicagotribu.... In it, Chicago Tribune reports that:

Tour de France rider Alexandre Vinokourov tested positive for a banned blood transfusion after winning last weekend's time trial, prompting his Astana team to pull out of the race Tuesday.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Chicago Tribune.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last

“crystelZENmud”

Since: Jan 07

Reality City

#21 Jul 30, 2007
Read about the Slipstream Team model for advertising and sponsors... fascinating.

There is a 'French Ministerial meeting' today in Paris, one presumes (unless they're all expensing a trip to Chamonix for a 'retreat' or something), but the new woman in charge of the Ministry has put a LOT of water on the fire, indications including the 'vitality of the UCI, the necessity to solve the PROBLEMS that have created a rift between UCI, ASO and the other Tours, etc.'...

IF that isn't the Psychozizi-government smokescreen, this woman may succeed where the omerta-bound others have failed...

Come to think of it, there's probably the slimmest chance that she even understands cycling (not at all a Sexist comment: in France, to be a Minister means you've been through the Finest Schools, and by cultural standards, cycling to the French upper class is what Monster Track Pulls are to Manhattan's finest... Madame probably prefers kissing Roger Federer's cheeks more than Contador's... I think she actually shook his hand, but that's too prejudicial a thought if not true...)

More to come,

ZENmud

“crystelZENmud”

Since: Jan 07

Reality City

#22 Jul 30, 2007
Forgot my point after the parentheses!

:-(

I always think that 'new eyes find the right solutions to old problems'... Maybe Madame can do that!

ZENps

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

T-Mobile Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Saunier Duval - Prodir 2006 (Dec '05) Feb '17 CyclingPhartz 2
News Opinion: Should we just stop asking about doping? (Jul '13) Apr '14 Carly Jane 2 31
News Armstrong begins cycling comeback in Australia (Jan '09) Apr '13 My Opinion_El Pas... 51
News If Lance Armstrong wants to redeem himself, he ... (Oct '12) Oct '12 My_Opinion_El_Pas... 15
News Chris Kirwan Says: Tour doubters are not dopes (Jul '12) Jul '12 My Opinion_El Pas... 6
News Boonen bored of doping "soap operas" as he clos... (Feb '12) Feb '12 Couch Potato 1
News Ullrich banned for blood doping (Feb '12) Feb '12 fan 1
More from around the web