Romer's I-70 plan eyes tolls Sen. Chr...

Romer's I-70 plan eyes tolls Sen. Chris Romer says the people have spoken.

There are 3 comments on the Rocky Mountain News story from Mar 12, 2008, titled Romer's I-70 plan eyes tolls Sen. Chris Romer says the people have spoken.. In it, Rocky Mountain News reports that:

“This small, very powerful group in this building has been imposing their will on the public, and it's time for the public to have their say.”

Sen. Chris Romer says the people have spoken. They have hammered him with e-mails. They've left comments on his Web site. via Rocky Mountain News

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Rocky Mountain News.

Brian Penick

Denver, CO

#1 Mar 14, 2008
It is my feeling that no toll should be put in place, building more lanes or turning down truck traffic.but to leave I-70 as is. the people who drive this route know the delays and if it bothers them they can plan around the delays as i have.I am not interested in paying another tax. instead please put this to bed and focus your efforts on cutting taxes.
Doug Hubka

Longmont, CO

#2 Mar 15, 2008
Romer's plan makes a lot of sense. The I-70 problem is essentially 40 days of the year.
A peak traffic toll for a few days a year would work a lot better than spending billions to widen I-70. Doing nothing is not workable, unless we we want to kill off the ski/ tourist economy.
THe only hard part is getting all the self interest groups to give a little to work for the common good. Now that's a fresh idea.!!
MM-Denver

Aurora, CO

#3 Mar 28, 2008
I don't know why more consumers are not protesting charging truckers a toll. The extra charges for transportation translate to higher consumer prices and longer delivery periods. No toll!
What about developing rail service along the existing rail bed, at least what is left of it!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Saeco - Romer's - Wetzikon Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Sheriff: Vallejo Son Lugged Dad's Body in Box (Dec '12) Dec '12 obamas son 2
Saeco Magic coffee machine (May '07) Apr '09 JuraMad 2
News Muralist works to give back to community (Oct '08) Oct '08 Maverick_Man 4
News Colorado I-70 "FEE" Proposal Angers Skiers (Jan '08) Apr '08 MissR5200 163
More from around the web