Boonen secures sixth-stage success

Belgium's Tom Boonen won stage six of the Tour de France despite Bradley Wiggins' best attempts to cross the line first as the Briton made a fitting tribute to the late Tom Simpson.Simpson was the first ... Full Story
Tony Moore

Canada

#1 Jul 15, 2007
On Friday July 13th 1967 I was 18 and babysitting with my girlfriend.(By the way, we are still good friends.....) Anyway, we were just getting to the fumbling stage when on came the 9 O'Clock news and the terrible images of our hero Tom Simpson dying on the slopes of the Ventoux......
It was the first time I cried since childhood.
Friday July 13th 2007 was the second.....
Bradley Wiggins, you got SOUL.....
Tony Moore,
Quebec
My Opinion_El Paso_TX

El Paso, TX

#2 Jul 17, 2007
Tony Moore wrote:
On Friday July 13th 1967 I was 18 and babysitting with my girlfriend.(By the way, we are still good friends.....) Anyway, we were just getting to the fumbling stage when on came the 9 O'Clock news and the terrible images of our hero Tom Simpson dying on the slopes of the Ventoux......
It was the first time I cried since childhood.
Friday July 13th 2007 was the second.....
Bradley Wiggins, you got SOUL.....
Tony Moore,
Quebec
Thanks for sharing Tony. It's always a sad day when we see an athelete die, while participating in the sport they love and trained all they life for.

This years TDF has certainly provided plenty of surprises and excitement. I just hope that the bike crashes quit taking place.

Cheers

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Quickstep Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Wiggins tightens grip; another French victory o... (Jul '12) May '13 My Opinion_El Pas... 5
Boonen bored of doping "soap operas" as he clos... (Feb '12) Feb '12 Couch Potato 1
Road racing cranks up around the globe after wi... (Jan '12) Jan '12 mike 1
Vansummeren wins Paris-Roubaix race (Apr '11) Apr '11 Meersie 1
Mark Cavendish gives himself 'outside chance' o... (Sep '10) Oct '10 William MDanjon D... 6
Tour of California: Stage 3 delivers pride and ... (Feb '09) Aug '10 Section 8 LGBT pe... 3
Sagan nabs stage six of the Tour of California (May '10) May '10 Ahole 2
More from around the web