Armstrong's Tour hopes 'finished' after 8th stage

Jul 11, 2010 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: SanLuisObispo.com

Close the book on the Lance Armstrong era at the Tour de France. He has. The record seven-time champion wrote off his chances of victory in his 13th and last Tour, signaling the beginning of the end of one of the most celebrated and controversial careers in cycling history.

Comments (Page 2)

Showing posts 21 - 40 of40
|
next page >
Go to last page| Jump to page:
SpeedyPete

Durbanville, South Africa

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 14, 2010

RadioShack had their first stage win today! And Lance is now 17.22 minutes behind the leader. Only a miracle can help him win now. But, miracles still happen today. I mean, just look at me. At the age of 66 I can still cycle 10km without stopping once.
Cyclingfan

San Francisco, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 15, 2010

Judged:

Lance was as far back as thirty five minutes and still came back to win one of his TDFs ala Floyd Landis. Makes a lot of us experienced riders very suspicious because that was a super super human effort that's not possible with mortal beings. You just do not come back 35 minutes behind and beat elite riders w/o outside intervention.
SpeedyPete

Bellville, South Africa

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 15, 2010

Judged:

Cyclingfan wrote:
Lance was as far back as thirty five minutes and still came back to win one of his TDFs ala Floyd Landis. Makes a lot of us experienced riders very suspicious because that was a super super human effort that's not possible with mortal beings. You just do not come back 35 minutes behind and beat elite riders w/o outside intervention.
And according to information available, the riders against whom he was competing were dopers!!

So, he was the only "clean" rider and he could still beat the dopers. He really is a super being. Or maybe doping does not really work and he knew it all along.
Cyclingfan

San Francisco, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 15, 2010

I believe some of the bean spillers, doping was rampant or is rampant in cycling winning means a l;ot. You are right speedy, several of his competitors were later caught doing drugs, I do not think that Lance was clean and neither does the authorities because they are still looking into the issues with Lance.
Raymond

Langlade, France

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 15, 2010

SpeedyPete wrote:
RadioShack had their first stage win today! And Lance is now 17.22 minutes behind the leader. Only a miracle can help him win now. But, miracles still happen today. I mean, just look at me. At the age of 66 I can still cycle 10km without stopping once.
Hi Pieter, You need to do more training/riding. At the age of 76 I do not stop in 60km. Cycling keeps me going. Regards Raymond.
SpeedyPete

Bellville, South Africa

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 15, 2010

Raymond wrote:
<quoted text>
Hi Pieter, You need to do more training/riding. At the age of 76 I do not stop in 60km. Cycling keeps me going. Regards Raymond.
Raymond sir, should have been 100km !
Raymond

Langlade, France

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 15, 2010

SpeedyPete wrote:
<quoted text>
Raymond sir, should have been 100km !
Pieter, You are cruel! lol.

Dinner calls. I shall be in my home area Saturday/Sunday and Monday so will be sleeping at home. Its the time that Mari and I watch the tour from the roadside. On Tuesday, she allows me to continue to do my thing. Loverly wife of over 50 years.

Good tour this year. I wish you many more. And myself?
Cyclingfan

San Francisco, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 15, 2010

Based on past results, Lance still have a good chance of winning. He has been down a long ways several times before and came back to win the TDF. Once as far down as 35 minutes, he may need some help with some special chemicals though.
My Opinion_El Paso_Texas

El Paso, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 15, 2010

Raymond wrote:
<quoted text>
Pieter, You are cruel! lol.
Dinner calls. I shall be in my home area Saturday/Sunday and Monday so will be sleeping at home. Its the time that Mari and I watch the tour from the roadside. On Tuesday, she allows me to continue to do my thing. Loverly wife of over 50 years.
Good tour this year. I wish you many more. And myself?
Congratulations on your long and loving marriage Raymond.

Cheers

“Carpe Diem”

Since: Mar 07

Bristol UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 16, 2010

Cyclingfan wrote:
Based on past results, Lance still have a good chance of winning. He has been down a long ways several times before and came back to win the TDF. Once as far down as 35 minutes, he may need some help with some special chemicals though.
No chance this time, even with 'special chemicals' How about a bet on it?:-)
My Opinion_El Paso_Texas

El Paso, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 16, 2010

Athos wrote:
<quoted text>No chance this time, even with 'special chemicals' How about a bet on it?:-)
You are so correct here. Lance Armstrong isn't going to be standing on the podium and this is his last TDF as he stated. Will be interesting to see what he decides to do next.

Cheers

“Carpe Diem”

Since: Mar 07

Bristol UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 16, 2010

My Opinion_El Paso_Texas wrote:
<quoted text>
You are so correct here. Lance Armstrong isn't going to be standing on the podium and this is his last TDF as he stated. Will be interesting to see what he decides to do next.
Cheers
I do hope that he carries on, maybe he CAN win a stage, which would be a great way to go out, I can't see it happening though, but..........
Cyclingfan

San Francisco, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 16, 2010

Judged:

He is not the same Lance without the chemicals, this tour he looks just a little above average. this has been a very clean tour so far no one has been caught.
Gus

Vancouver, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 16, 2010

Cyclingfan wrote:
He is not the same Lance without the chemicals, this tour he looks just a little above average. this has been a very clean tour so far no one has been caught.
...what Kemikals,have you found any??? nobody else has...enlighten us!!!
My Opinion_El Paso_Texas

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 17, 2010

Athos wrote:
<quoted text>I do hope that he carries on, maybe he CAN win a stage, which would be a great way to go out, I can't see it happening though, but..........
I don't see it happening either. But, I do see and injoy the new riders in the race today.
Cyclingfan

San Francisco, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 17, 2010

Judged:

So far the only chemicals we have found on the tour is fresh air. So far everyone is clean unlike past years, keep it up race officials, you guys are finally running a clean show. Win or not I rather see a clean Lance .
Raymond

Bron, France

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 18, 2010

Yes! It has been a clean show so far and I hope it continues as such. In my opinion the best tour for a decade and today (stage 14) the best stage of this years tour. Great effort from all the breakaway riders. Especially Riblon. I watched the early part of the stage from the roadside with my wife. Just two people among hundreds of thousands watching the stage live. I shall be back on the road on Tuesday, the final action is still to come. Regards
contleck

Maastricht, Netherlands

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 18, 2010

Armstrong already 40 minutes behind, losing time on every stage, go home Lance, you don't deserve such a strong team behind you, 5 of your teammates are in front of you, when they were hired to make you win the tour. What an embarrasment.
Cyclingfan

San Francisco, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 18, 2010

I am more proud of Lance losing than when he was winning with those super super results because I believe he is clean this time. For the real fan or pro integrity, hardwork, truth, discipline and respect is greater than the minutes on the clock. In the interviews so far I see a good side in Lance his humility and blunt honesty, these traits go a long long ways.
Ken

Guntown, MS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 19, 2010

Well Lance... "Bye"

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 21 - 40 of40
|
next page >
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Phonak Hearing Systems Discussions

Search the Phonak Hearing Systems Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Not Even Lance Deserves This 15 hr Carly Jane 2 49
Opinion: Should we just stop asking about doping? (Jul '13) Apr 10 Carly Jane 2 31
Lance Armstrong doping documentary contrasts be... Apr 10 Carly Jane 2 4
Tygart waits for Armstrong to be part of the so... (May '13) Aug '13 My Opinion_El Paso_Texas 3
Tour convenes former riders for 100th edition (Jul '13) Jul '13 My Opinion_El Paso_Texas 6
5 things to know about Tour de France (Jul '13) Jul '13 My Opinion_El Paso_Texas 12
Lance Armstrong's doping drugs (Jan '13) Jul '13 My Opinion_El Paso_TX 188
•••
•••
•••