Landis to ride in New York race this ...

Landis to ride in New York race this weekend

There are 41 comments on the MSNBC Sports story from Jul 28, 2010, titled Landis to ride in New York race this weekend. In it, MSNBC Sports reports that:

Floyd Landis will ride in the Tour of the Catskills race in upstate New York starting on Friday.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at MSNBC Sports.

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Gus

Vancouver, Canada

#1 Jul 29, 2010
Do't fergit yer PEDS.
Raymond

Toulon, France

#2 Jul 30, 2010
Gus wrote:
Do't fergit yer PEDS.
All dopers should be BANNED for life. A two year suspension, is nonsense. Regards

“Carpe Diem”

Since: Mar 07

Bristol UK

#3 Jul 30, 2010
Raymond wrote:
<quoted text>
All dopers should be BANNED for life. A two year suspension, is nonsense. Regards
Floyd who?????
My Opinion_El Paso_Texas

El Paso, TX

#4 Jul 31, 2010
Guess that only pertains to some riders.

Interesting to see how some have been able to keep their jersies and records.

Will be interesting to see if they ban Floyd Landis. He should be banned.

Cheers
Ahole

Norwalk, CA

#5 Jul 31, 2010
Are you kidding? Every kid should have to watch Landis get his butt kicked so they will learn what happens to losers who use steroids.
Raymond wrote:
<quoted text>
All dopers should be BANNED for life. A two year suspension, is nonsense. Regards
Cyclingfan

San Francisco, CA

#6 Aug 1, 2010
Landis is nothing w/o drugs.
SpeedyPete

Cape Town, South Africa

#7 Aug 1, 2010
My Opinion_El Paso_Texas wrote:
Will be interesting to see if they ban Floyd Landis. He should be banned.
Cheers
Harry, I'm not with you on this one? He's done his time, why should he be banned again?
Cyclingfan

San Francisco, CA

#8 Aug 2, 2010
I still want to see Landis do well and be clean this time .
My Opinion_El Paso_Texas

El Paso, TX

#9 Aug 2, 2010
SpeedyPete wrote:
<quoted text>
Harry, I'm not with you on this one? He's done his time, why should he be banned again?
Lying to sporting authorities under oath comes to mind.

But, your question brings us right back to where we all started here a few years back Pieter. And I have to be honest that I believe we have never addressed here.

What needs to take place in cleaning up "Cycling?"
Athos

Rochdale, UK

#10 Aug 2, 2010
My Opinion_El Paso_Texas wrote:
<quoted text>
Lying to sporting authorities under oath comes to mind.
But, your question brings us right back to where we all started here a few years back Pieter. And I have to be honest that I believe we have never addressed here.
What needs to take place in cleaning up "Cycling?"
For a start, get rid of those lawyers who make money out of getting cheaters off the hook (that will never happen)
Get people like you to believe that when someone is tested positive, they usually are, when they are tested again, they are
You protected FL for, what is it 3 years? More? Now you want to crucify him
I can’t help it…. I told you so!!!!
Raymond

Le Crès, France

#11 Aug 3, 2010
Athos wrote:
<quoted text>For a start, get rid of those lawyers who make money out of getting cheaters off the hook (that will never happen)
Get people like you to believe that when someone is tested positive, they usually are, when they are tested again, they are
You protected FL for, what is it 3 years? More? Now you want to crucify him
I can’t help it…. I told you so!!!!
Be kind! MOEP and his ilk change thier OPINIONS with the weather. So,thier opinions are worthless.
Athos

Bradford, UK

#12 Aug 4, 2010
Raymond wrote:
<quoted text>
Be kind! MOEP and his ilk change thier OPINIONS with the weather. So,thier opinions are worthless.
Well, at least WE can say "I told you so"!!!!!!!!!! But we won't gloat will we :-)
My Opinion_El Paso_Texas

El Paso, TX

#13 Aug 4, 2010
Athos wrote:
<quoted text>For a start, get rid of those lawyers who make money out of getting cheaters off the hook (that will never happen)
Get people like you to believe that when someone is tested positive, they usually are, when they are tested again, they are
You protected FL for, what is it 3 years? More? Now you want to crucify him
I can’t help it…. I told you so!!!!
Yes Chris, I did support Floyd Landis because I took him at his word and at the same time the science was in question along with the LNDD procedures having been questioned.

I believe that one major imporvement that has come out of all of this situation is that we're no longer seeing confidential drug testing info being leaked to the press, which in turn casues harm to any rider(s). I also believe that we may have seen a cleaner Tour de France racing event.

No Chris, I'm not trying to cruicify Floyd Landis. He was giving the chance by Richard Tagart to come clean and tell all. Floyd Landis made his decision to continue denying that he had cheated and doped. And he did that while he was under oath along withlying to his fans, while he was raising money for his legal defence.

What I'm saying here is that I'm wondering if during this current investigation, if anything is going to be done to Floyd Laqndis by the legal represenatatives involved here.

Yes, I do believe that he should be banned from sport.

Cheers
My Opinion_El Paso_Texas

El Paso, TX

#14 Aug 4, 2010
Raymond wrote:
<quoted text>
Be kind! MOEP and his ilk change thier OPINIONS with the weather. So,thier opinions are worthless.
Hello Raymond. Hope you enjoyed the Tour de France.

Raymond, you are more than welcome to show and provide any proof where I have ever changed my mind (legal flip flopping) at any time in this forum during our time here since 2006.

You, Chris, and Will were totally correct about Floyd Landis being guilty in doping during the 2006 Tour de France.

The only thing(s) that you failed at Raymond was that you couldn't support your beliefs and opinions. Nor did you ever provide any recomendations or solutions in how we could ever change this serious problem that affects all sports.

I believe that we need to and have to address this problem if we can ever hope to rid cycling of it. And we need to start with children at a very early and young age.

Cheers
Cyclingfan

San Francisco, CA

#15 Aug 4, 2010
The Tour Vuelta de Espana is coming up can't wait to see what will happened. Astana Alberta's team has been invited ,don't know if he is riding or not since the TDF may have taken a little too muchout of him.
Athos

Bradford, UK

#16 Aug 4, 2010
My Opinion_El Paso_Texas wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes Chris, I did support Floyd Landis because I took him at his word and at the same time the science was in question along with the LNDD procedures having been questioned.
I believe that one major imporvement that has come out of all of this situation is that we're no longer seeing confidential drug testing info being leaked to the press, which in turn casues harm to any rider(s). I also believe that we may have seen a cleaner Tour de France racing event.
No Chris, I'm not trying to cruicify Floyd Landis. He was giving the chance by Richard Tagart to come clean and tell all. Floyd Landis made his decision to continue denying that he had cheated and doped. And he did that while he was under oath along withlying to his fans, while he was raising money for his legal defence.
What I'm saying here is that I'm wondering if during this current investigation, if anything is going to be done to Floyd Laqndis by the legal represenatatives involved here.
Yes, I do believe that he should be banned from sport.
Cheers
I would agree with you that FL should be banned, IF the rules said so, BUT the penalty is 2 years and he has done that time

Cleaner TDF? I do hope so, yes no leaks is a good thing, maybe there was nothing to leak.

Do you remember how you and Jon poured scorn on me when I said that FL was guilty as soon as I saw him cross the line on that fatal stage? I said that I wouldn’t gloat when the truth came out. I lied!!!!!!

BTW yor speling iz stil atowshus
Cyclingfan

San Francisco, CA

#17 Aug 5, 2010
No FL was better than some or otherwise he would have been banned.
My Opinion_El Paso_Texas

United States

#18 Aug 6, 2010
Cyclingfan wrote:
The Tour Vuelta de Espana is coming up can't wait to see what will happened. Astana Alberta's team has been invited ,don't know if he is riding or not since the TDF may have taken a little too muchout of him.
Cyclingfan wrote:
The Tour Vuelta de Espana is coming up can't wait to see what will happened. Astana Alberta's team has been invited ,don't know if he is riding or not since the TDF may have taken a little too muchout of him.
I think you may want to look up the Vuelta a Espania to see that Alberto Contador hasn't allowed the TDF to stop him from competing in his own country's major cycling event.
My Opinion_El Paso_Texas

United States

#19 Aug 6, 2010
Athos wrote:
<quoted text>
1. I would agree with you that FL should be banned, IF the rules said so, BUT the penalty is 2 years and he has done that time
Cleaner TDF? I do hope so, yes no leaks is a good thing, maybe there was nothing to leak.
Do you remember how you and Jon poured scorn on me when I said that FL was guilty as soon as I saw him cross the line on that fatal stage? I said that I wouldn’t gloat when the truth came out. I lied!!!!!!
BTW yor speling iz stil atowshus
1. Besides lying under oath, he also defrauded his fans when solisitating their money (donations) for his defense fund. I believe that this may be the same tactic they will use in the investigation against Lance Armstrong.

2. Floyd Landis 2006 TDF case is over with, so I'm not going to discuss that along with anything you and I may have or may not have discussed in the past.

I'm waiting and looking to see what takes place with this current investigation.

Cheers
Cyclingfan

San Francisco, CA

#20 Aug 6, 2010
He may have a chance to win his second GT of the year. Andy still have not won any, so how can we called it a rivalry between Alberto and Andy. Andy have to stop making excuses on why he lost or did not do well.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Phonak Hearing Systems Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Lance Armstrong's doping drugs (Jan '13) Jan '16 Fart news 189
News Not Even Lance Deserves This (Dec '13) Aug '15 kiki2 42
News Can Armstrong ever be forgiven? (Sep '14) Oct '14 stefanbed53 5
News Opinion: Should we just stop asking about doping? (Jul '13) Apr '14 Carly Jane 2 31
News Lance Armstrong doping documentary contrasts be... (Oct '13) Apr '14 Carly Jane 2 4
News Tygart waits for Armstrong to be part of the so... (May '13) Aug '13 My Opinion_El Pas... 3
News Tour convenes former riders for 100th edition (Jul '13) Jul '13 My Opinion_El Pas... 6
More from around the web