Report: Landis admits doping and fing...

Report: Landis admits doping and fingers Armstrong

There are 5 comments on the Monterey County Herald story from May 20, 2010, titled Report: Landis admits doping and fingers Armstrong. In it, Monterey County Herald reports that:

This Feb. 19, 2004, file photo shows Lance Armstrong, left, and Floyd Landis, riding side-by-side during the second stage of the 5-day Tour of the Algarve cycling race in Algarve, southern Portugal.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Monterey County Herald.

Since: Sep 09

Carmel Valley, CA

#1 May 20, 2010
"These guys coming out now with things like this from the past is only damaging the sport," McQuaid told The Associated Press in a telephone interview Thursday. "If they've any love for the sport they wouldn't do it."

Does Mr McQuaid know that's he's talking out loud? Is he actually saying that no one should ever try to right a wrong because it happened in the past? I'm just gobsmacked by that statement!
Argus

Monterey, CA

#2 May 20, 2010
Landis has been swearing for years that he never doped. Now he's suddenly changed his story to "yes I doped, but everyone else was doing it too." Maybe they were, but since Landis now has the least credibility of anyone in cycling, I doubt much will come of his self-serving statements.
Landis IS a dope

AOL

#3 May 21, 2010
dopey wrote:
This guy Landis is a freak show.
jamul

El Cajon, CA

#4 May 22, 2010
just look at the guy, he's a rat faced little punk who ripped off thousands with his defense fund, all the while knowing he was a stinking liar. Now he is willing to admit he was a naughty boy as long as everyone knows he wasn't the only one. The only difference is that no one else ever acussed of doping has gone on a publicity campagn to raise money for their defense, AND this little creep knew he was lying all along, Someday Floyd will meet a bus HEAD ON. RIP Rat
Ahole

Norwalk, CA

#5 May 22, 2010
If all it takes is doping to win tour de france, sign me up for a couple gallons.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Levi Leipheimer Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News USA Cycling disappointed with Worlds allotment (Aug '13) Aug '13 sunnyymk 1
News Leipheimer details doping culture at symposium (Oct '12) May '13 My Opinion_El Pas... 4
News Suspensions end quietly for Danielson, Vande Ve... (Mar '13) Apr '13 My Opinion_El Pas... 23
News Landis captures Tour's first crown (Feb '06) Mar '13 My_Opinion_El Pas... 3
News Lance Armstrong Doping Charges to Be Given Extr... (Jul '12) Oct '12 GeeMan 23
News Lance Armstrong To Race In 2009 Tour de France (Dec '08) Oct '11 The Hero 14
News Pro Cycling Returns Photos (Sep '11) Sep '11 Really 1