Tour de Grandview: Races' teamwork pays off | The Columbus Dispatch

Full story: Columbus Dispatch
Today's Tour de Grandview caps three days of racing that included events in Madeira on Friday and Cincinnati yesterday. Full Story
abc

Columbus, OH

#1 Jun 26, 2011
I would like Albers to explain why the women's purse was so much lower than the men's. Grandview always bragged about equal prize money for the ladies and attracted a large, talented field in years past. This year had a pittance of ladies' prize money and a paltry field as a result. So few participants (20-25?), in fact, that they had to include ALL categories in one race, resulting in separate results for different categories during the same "competetive" race.

The men, on the other hand, had 50+ in the featured Pro I-II. Money went to the top 25. Also enough male riders for separate Cat III, Cat IV, & Cat V races.

What's up?
Wston

Missoula, MT

#2 Jun 27, 2011
Its nice to see these races being organized in a way that benefits the competitors as well as the organizers. I hope th compete in some cycling races in my future and hope that I might make it to one of these events.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Kirk Albers Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Going to town | The Columbus Dispatch (Aug '10) Aug '10 2nd_place 1
Crater wins cycling's Tour de Grandview | The C... (Jun '10) Jun '10 bosco 5
Abraham wins men's pro race (Jul '09) Jul '09 Not Racer 1
Familiar names back for weekend (Nov '07) Nov '07 Elizabeth 1
More from around the web