Crowd turns out for downtown leg of T...

Crowd turns out for downtown leg of Tour of the Gila

There are 2 comments on the Silver City Sun-News story from May 1, 2010, titled Crowd turns out for downtown leg of Tour of the Gila. In it, Silver City Sun-News reports that:

Lance Armstrong takes a drink after laps in Saturday's stage 4 of the SRAM Tour of the Gila.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Silver City Sun-News.

Charlie

Albuquerque, NM

#1 May 2, 2010
My wife and I drove down from Albuquerque to watch the race Saturday. I have never experienced anything like it. I sat on the curb and when the peleton came buy the breeze picked up about 20 mph. It was like having a train go by.
This was my first visit to Silver City. The people were friendly and my wife and I enjoyed the experience. We plan
on coming back in the summer to see the sights.
Coach

Albuquerque, NM

#2 May 2, 2010
Charlie,
Welcome to town. I hope you return often. It is a nice change of pace from the city for sure and there are many accessible sights to see in and around the county.

Those who decry the Tour of the Gila and complain about the traffic need to remember that people like Charlie may have never discovered us (and our businesses) without the allure of the races.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Jason Mccartney Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Armstrong finishes fifth, expecting another child (May '10) May '10 Jul 3
News Armstrong's Mellow Johnny's team returns to Tou... (Apr '10) May '10 Silver City Citizen 19
News Leipheimer wins second straight Tour of Gila (May '10) May '10 Caroline Cook 1
News Lance Armstrong highlight of today's start (Apr '10) Apr '10 Denise 14
News Weather can't keep Tour of the Gila fans away (Apr '10) Apr '10 trinagloria 1
News Tour of Gila kicks off today with Mogollon Road... (Apr '10) Apr '10 CRAZY CAT CYCLERY... 1
News Tour of the Gila: Lance Armstrong will return t... (Apr '10) Apr '10 JD Healy 4