Armstrong's Mellow Johnny's returns t...

Armstrong's Mellow Johnny's returns to Tour of Gila

There are 1 comment on the Silver City Sun-News story from Apr 22, 2010, titled Armstrong's Mellow Johnny's returns to Tour of Gila. In it, Silver City Sun-News reports that:

Seven-time Tour de France winner Lance Armstrong has confirmed he is coming back to Silver City to race in the SRAM Tour of the Gila, April 28 through May 2, for the second straight year.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Silver City Sun-News.

Teacher in your midst

Deming, NM

#1 Apr 26, 2010
"He was forced to withdrew from the Circuit de la Sarthe because of the stomach bug."

Can you PLEASE change this sentence to say "withdraw" instead of "withdrew"? It should be either "He was forced to WITHDRAW..." or "He WITHDREW...." It's an obvious misuse of the verb in your sentence and you're a professional.

Maybe by pointing out the error, I'm not "being polite" but for goodness sake, fairly or unfairly, the writing in this paper (especially online) sends a message all around the world about our community.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Jason Mccartney Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Armstrong finishes fifth, expecting another child (May '10) May '10 Jul 3
News Armstrong's Mellow Johnny's team returns to Tou... (Apr '10) May '10 Silver City Citizen 19
News Leipheimer wins second straight Tour of Gila (May '10) May '10 Caroline Cook 1
News Crowd turns out for downtown leg of Tour of the... (May '10) May '10 Coach 2
News Lance Armstrong highlight of today's start (Apr '10) Apr '10 Denise 14
News Weather can't keep Tour of the Gila fans away (Apr '10) Apr '10 trinagloria 1
News Tour of Gila kicks off today with Mogollon Road... (Apr '10) Apr '10 CRAZY CAT CYCLERY... 1
More from around the web