Steroids in Sports: The Rise and Fall Of Great Athletes

Jul 1, 2009 Full story: Bleacher Report 8

Steroids have often been at the center of the rise, and subsequent fall, of some of the most promising names in sport... by Heather Wright 5 reads Opinion Steroids have often been at the center of the rise, and subsequent fall, of some of the most promising names in sport.

Full Story

“crystelZENmud”

Since: Jan 07

Reality City

#1 Jul 1, 2009
USE this link for a single-page article:

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/209217-ste...

Pretty damn silly, that there are nine NON-cyclists, and ONE Floyd Landis, in a Steroid article...(I thought Landis was the virgin-raping Testosterone King (satire MODE OFF)???)

and on my right-hand column over here >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>

I see Greg Lemond preaching the downfall of cycling? Surely that's good for his bike sales??? sheeeeeeeeeeeeeesh....

ZENstraightup
Raymond

Cheval-blanc, France

#2 Jul 1, 2009
ZENmud wrote:
USE this link for a single-page article:
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/209217-ste...
Pretty damn silly, that there are nine NON-cyclists, and ONE Floyd Landis, in a Steroid article...(I thought Landis was the virgin-raping Testosterone King (satire MODE OFF)???)
and on my right-hand column over here >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>
I see Greg Lemond preaching the downfall of cycling? Surely that's good for his bike sales??? sheeeeeeeeeeeeeesh....
ZENstraightup
Sad is'nt it. Whatever happened to SPORT? Perhaps pro's ALWAYS cheat (MONEY). Some amateurs, lack of principals!

“crystelZENmud”

Reality City

#3 Jul 1, 2009
one 'pro' who 'cheated' just got 150 years of hard labour... Madoff
:-)

I agree, but then my roommate cheated on one of our Law finals and basically 'dared' us to report him...(it was more of an ethical question, than a 'cheating' situation, so we let the bugger slide...)

ZENnuit

“I Love Life, People & Animals”

Since: Feb 07

El Paso, Texas

#4 Jul 2, 2009
ZENmud wrote:
one 'pro' who 'cheated' just got 150 years of hard labour... Madoff
I agree, but then my roommate cheated on one of our Law finals and basically 'dared' us to report him...(it was more of an ethical question, than a 'cheating' situation, so we let the bugger slide...)
ZENnuit
And because of that same mind set and behavior pattern folks, is why we continue having problems of doping in sports and cycling.

Exactly what level or type of crime will it take for anyone of you to get up and report a crime?

“crystelZENmud”

Reality City

#5 Jul 2, 2009
Well, I'll tell you what he did, how he told us, and what we did...

We were walking out of XXXXX law class final, our last semester.

He was smart(er than I, grade-wise) and about 10yrs younger. It was an open book test ... we could have all the notes in the world ... and our hand-out xerox'd copies were included (materials from prof).

He said "Did any of you get that first answer, about the Green Glass Company case (ficticious name)? I didn't have an F'g clue... so I went straight into the bathroom, peed quickly, and came back. I noticed everyone had their materials open to page 428...(good eyesight?)... so I went back and opened up to page 428 and damn but that was the right fact pattern!"

My heart sank, cuz I think I'd missed that class, and thus drew a blank (drew? heh heh)... I looked at Him, and Friend 1, Friend 2, 3, 4... and one of them said "No, I don't think that's cheating..."

I think I said "I didn't think to wander around the room, checking who was on which page..." (and my grade wasn't but a point or two off of his: I may have 'logic'd' where he'd parroted...)

I'd tell you another story, but I'll email it to you...

ZENdrew?
My Opinion_El Paso_TX wrote:
<quoted text>
And because of that same mind set and behavior pattern folks, is why we continue having problems of doping in sports and cycling.
Exactly what level or type of crime will it take for anyone of you to get up and report a crime?

El Paso, Texas

#6 Jul 2, 2009
And now we know why lawyers are so ruthless in court!

“crystelZENmud”

Reality City

#7 Jul 4, 2009
I'd flown to London for a meeting (of a bunch of telco attorneys: was trying to 'flirt' my way (intellectually!) into a summer job...(ended up with an externship at the ITU (Telecom Union), and the rest came from that...)

Went back, and someone said "oh you missed the best 'class'..."

Apparently, in Crim procedure (or Evidence, OR Prof. Responsibility?) we'd had a couple of visiting attorneys, talking about 'courtroom ethics', and how the 'state of the Art' of being an attorney had 'gone drastically downhill recently'(this is the mid-90s...).

Evidently one of our rabid young fellow students had stood, to criticize these attorneys, saying something like "But you're wrong! It's dog-eat-dog in the trenches, and we newbie attorneys, if we want to rise, be promoted, and attain Partner status, we're going to have to be VICIOUS, blah blah blah..."

And one of the two visitors pointed at 'Joe', and looked around the class, a poignant pause, and said "You have expressed precisely, exactly the CHICKENSHIT attitude that is making a lot of our generation take their money and run from the profession"

And I was sorry to have missed that... heh heh

Z...

El Paso, Texas

#8 Jul 4, 2009
ZENmud wrote:
I'd flown to London for a meeting (of a bunch of telco attorneys: was trying to 'flirt' my way (intellectually!) into a summer job...(ended up with an externship at the ITU (Telecom Union), and the rest came from that...)
Went back, and someone said "oh you missed the best 'class'..."
Apparently, in Crim procedure (or Evidence, OR Prof. Responsibility?) we'd had a couple of visiting attorneys, talking about 'courtroom ethics', and how the 'state of the Art' of being an attorney had 'gone drastically downhill recently'(this is the mid-90s...).
Evidently one of our rabid young fellow students had stood, to criticize these attorneys, saying something like "But you're wrong! It's dog-eat-dog in the trenches, and we newbie attorneys, if we want to rise, be promoted, and attain Partner status, we're going to have to be VICIOUS, blah blah blah..."
And one of the two visitors pointed at 'Joe', and looked around the class, a poignant pause, and said "You have expressed precisely, exactly the CHICKENSHIT attitude that is making a lot of our generation take their money and run from the profession"
And I was sorry to have missed that... heh heh
Z...
Now that interaction would have been interesting to watch!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Ivan Basso Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Armstrong begins cycling comeback in Australia (Jan '09) Apr '13 My Opinion_El Pas... 51
Lance Armstrong: A Case of 'He Said, They Said' (Jun '12) Jun '12 My Opinion_El Pas... 2
Tour de France: Major doping scandals (Jul '11) Jul '11 My Opinion_El Pas... 5
Landis says clenbuterol use widespread in cycling (Nov '10) Nov '10 ZENmud 1
Cycling elite will participate in Vuelta a Chih... (Aug '10) Aug '10 Bonjour 6
Tour chief hails clean race, but says war is no... (Jul '09) Jul '09 tattookevin 1
Armstrong "Clean" for Start of Amgen Tour (Feb '09) Feb '09 Raymond 2
More from around the web