Cycling Team Suspends Hamilton, Jaksc...

Cycling Team Suspends Hamilton, Jaksche

There are 1 comment on the The Associated Press story from May 10, 2007, titled Cycling Team Suspends Hamilton, Jaksche . In it, The Associated Press reports that:

“The institution has to provide the means ... (of determining) who cannot be considered admissible at the Giro”

Cyclists Tyler Hamilton of the U.S. and Joerg Jaksche of Germany were suspended by their team Wednesday from competing in the Giro d'Italia following pressure to ban riders implicated in the Spanish doping scandal.

Hamilton, the 2004 Olympic road race champion, recently returned to competition after serving a two-year ban for blood doping.

'The management of Tinkoff Credit Systems, as a precaution, has decided to suspend the two riders until the relevant authorities clarify the position of the two riders in connection with Operation Puerto,' the Italian-Russian team said in a statement. Read more

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Associated Press.

shamey

Newton Aycliffe, UK

#1 May 12, 2007
give tyler a break, he,s done the crime and his time. he,s stood up and been counted. if only the rest of the spineless cheats would do the same.it,s us fans,that are lining thier pockets who are getting the raw deal here.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Ivan Basso Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Armstrong begins cycling comeback in Australia (Jan '09) Apr '13 My Opinion_El Pas... 51
News Lance Armstrong: A Case of 'He Said, They Said' (Jun '12) Jun '12 My Opinion_El Pas... 2
News Tour de France: Major doping scandals (Jul '11) Jul '11 My Opinion_El Pas... 5
News Landis says clenbuterol use widespread in cycling (Nov '10) Nov '10 ZENmud 1
News Cycling elite will participate in Vuelta a Chih... (Aug '10) Aug '10 Bonjour 6
News Tour chief hails clean race, but says war is no... (Jul '09) Jul '09 tattookevin 1
News Steroids in Sports: The Rise and Fall Of Great ... (Jul '09) Jul '09 My Opinion_El Pas... 8