Lance Armstrong's next battle may be ...

Lance Armstrong's next battle may be in the court of opinion

There are 12 comments on the USA Today story from Aug 22, 2010, titled Lance Armstrong's next battle may be in the court of opinion. In it, USA Today reports that:

Going into the Tour of California in mid-June, Lance Armstrong had every reason to be optimistic about his future.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at USA Today.

Dermot in Oz

Australia

#1 Aug 22, 2010
I personally think Lance is possibly?? the greatest sportsmen on the planet at the present time. But, But, you mention here that Lance is possibly the greatest of all time. I think the competition is very strong (Tiger Woods plays golf, he is not a sportsman, you can do that fat & old), as far as transcending sports what about Pele & Cassius Clay surely huge contenders for the title??

“crystelZENmud”

Since: Jan 07

Reality City

#2 Aug 23, 2010
If you want to make it 'the single sportsman who helped augment the popularity of his sport', I think you're damn close to right, as to both Lance and Tiger...

And yes: six hours daily on a saddle is MUCH different than four hours walking the lawn, heh heh...

ZenJD
My Opinion_El Paso_Texas

El Paso, TX

#3 Aug 24, 2010
Maybe you're referring to sportsmen within the United States as you're not really referring to sportsmen of the world.

Cheers

“I Love Life, People & Animals”

Since: Feb 07

El Paso, Texas

#4 Nov 22, 2010
I cannot remember if any of us really stated on wether or not we believe that Lance Armstrong is guilty of doping.

Anyone care to share their belief(s) here!

“crystelZENmud”

Reality City

#5 Nov 22, 2010
ZENmud wrote:
If you want to make it 'the single sportsman who helped augment the popularity of his sport', I think you're damn close to right, as to both Lance and Tiger...
And yes: six hours daily on a saddle is MUCH different than four hours walking the lawn, heh heh...
ZenJD
Damn, ZEN but you're right again!

That's a great way of linking Tiger and Lance:'sports-persons (maybe?) who singly... helped augment the popularity of his sport'.

We could add Gretszky, Jordan or Bode Miller (?), even Shaun White...!

And with your comparison 'tween saddle-time and lawn-walking time it really gets hammered home!

Slay 'em with that Virtuous Sword of Truth!

Go King ZEN...!

(zzzZzzzZZZZzz zzZZz dreaming)

“I Love Life, People & Animals”

Since: Feb 07

El Paso, Texas

#6 Nov 23, 2010
Maybe one was referring to sportsmen within the United States as there's a diffrence between sportsmen of the US in comparison of the world.

Most of the professional golfers don't regard Tiger Woods in the same level of regard since it was shown that this man doesn't know how to keep it ion his pants.

Pieter, you and Tiger should get on well together.

Bode Miller is a good US skier. But, he doesn't compare to many of the past international heavy weights.

Cheers Everyone
SpeedyPete

Bellville, South Africa

#7 Nov 25, 2010
My Opinion_El Paso_TX wrote:
Pieter, you and Tiger should get on well together.
Yes, he's my hero and not because he's a good golfer!!

An apple a day keeps the doctor away.

Just think of all the fun I will have with the doctors wife and a big box of apples!

“crystelZENmud”

Reality City

#8 Nov 25, 2010
SpeedyPete wrote:
<quoted text>
Just think of all the fun I will have with the doctors wife and a big box of apples!
"It'Z yo'r thing, do whatcha wanna do!"

Off to the Feast of a Decade (or more)...

Peace,
dZENd
SpeedyPete

Bellville, South Africa

#9 Nov 26, 2010
My Opinion_El Paso_TX wrote:
I cannot remember if any of us really stated on wether or not we believe that Lance Armstrong is guilty of doping.
Anyone care to share their belief(s) here!
I believe that's Lance Armstrong is guilty of doping or not.

“crystelZENmud”

Reality City

#10 Nov 26, 2010
"Lance Armstrong's next battle may be in the court of opinion"...

'next'??? He's been 'in the court of public opinion' since at least 2000!

ZENjd
My Opinion_El Paso_Texas

El Paso, TX

#11 Nov 26, 2010
Here is an interesting article

Armstrong investigators weighing politics, too

http://www.charlotteobserver.com/2010/11/25/1...

Wondering why one self proclaimed legal begal was too timid (scared shitless) to interact with those other cycling fans/posters in the "DailyPeloton?"

Pbobably got his butt kicked real good.
My Opinion_El Paso_Texas

El Paso, TX

#12 Nov 26, 2010
SpeedyPete wrote:
<quoted text>
ZENmud wrote:
<quoted text>
"It'Z yo'r thing, do whatcha wanna do!"
Off to the Feast of a Decade (or more)...
Peace,
dZENd
Two peas on a pod or was that two flies on a pile of shit! Same difference.

When you have proven through your own individual behavior that you have no respect for anyone and especially women, then you really don't respect anything period!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Floyd Landis Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Not Even Lance Deserves This (Dec '13) Oct '14 stefanbed53 41
News Can Armstrong ever be forgiven? (Sep '14) Oct '14 stefanbed53 5
News Opinion: Should we just stop asking about doping? (Jul '13) Apr '14 Carly Jane 2 31
News Lance Armstrong doping documentary contrasts be... (Oct '13) Apr '14 Carly Jane 2 4
Trick or Treat! (Oct '13) Nov '13 My Opinion_El Pas... 5
News Tygart waits for Armstrong to be part of the so... (May '13) Aug '13 My Opinion_El Pas... 3
News Tour convenes former riders for 100th edition (Jul '13) Jul '13 My Opinion_El Pas... 6
More from around the web