2010 Tour de France Winner Fails Drug...

2010 Tour de France Winner Fails Drug Test

Posted in the Floyd Landis Forum

First Prev
of 4
Next Last
My Opinion_El Paso_Texas

United States

#1 Sep 29, 2010
Alberto Contador failed a drug test that had been administered to him on July 21, 2010.

Here's the article

http://sports.yahoo.com/sc/news...

Cheers All
Gus

Vancouver, Canada

#2 Sep 30, 2010
My Opinion_El Paso_Texas wrote:
Alberto Contador failed a drug test that had been administered to him on July 21, 2010.
Here's the article
http://sports.yahoo.com/sc/news...
Cheers All
...OH DEAR!!!!!
Gus

Vancouver, Canada

#3 Sep 30, 2010
Was Conti boy the only one on his Team who ate this meat??? or is he being victimised??? Hmmmm!

“Carpe Diem”

Since: Mar 07

Bristol UK

#4 Sep 30, 2010
Gus wrote:
Was Conti boy the only one on his Team who ate this meat??? or is he being victimised??? Hmmmm!
just heard the news, I can't see that he is being 'victimised' someone has found something, it has to be investigated. As with FL, I hope he is innocent ........But..... we will see
Gus

Vancouver, Canada

#5 Sep 30, 2010
...the Beat goes on!!!
SpeedyPete

East London, South Africa

#6 Sep 30, 2010
I ate some contaminated sausages 3 days ago. I can only hope that I won't be tested on Saturday. I don't want any scene here in South Africa.
Gus

Vancouver, Canada

#8 Sep 30, 2010
SpeedyPete wrote:
I ate some contaminated sausages 3 days ago. I can only hope that I won't be tested on Saturday. I don't want any scene here in South Africa.
...Wildebeeste will do it every time!!!

“crystelZENmud”

Since: Jan 07

Reality City

#9 Sep 30, 2010
Gus wrote:
The UCI said the amount of clenbuterol in Contador’s sample was “400 time(s) less than what the antidoping laboratories accredited by WADA must be able to detect.”
ENDquote

If it was '400x less', how was it enough to suspend Bert C?

Is a WADA CODE 'Rule' a 'RULE' or a 'rule'???

Where's 'wILL' to discuss 'masking agents'???

ZENjd
Gus

Vancouver, Canada

#10 Sep 30, 2010
Wherefore art thou WILL & ALI???
My Opinion_El Paso_Texas

United States

#11 Sep 30, 2010
ZENmud wrote:
<quoted text>
The UCI said the amount of clenbuterol in Contador’s sample was “400 time(s) less than what the antidoping laboratories accredited by WADA must be able to detect.”
ENDquote
ZENjd
Good Point

Who is Bert C?

“crystelZENmud”

Reality City

#13 Sep 30, 2010
My Opinion_El Paso_Texas wrote:
<quoted text>
Good Point
Who is Bert C?
My EuroFriends called Alberto 'Bert C'... I do not know why... heh heh

ZJD

“Carpe Diem”

Bristol UK

#14 Oct 1, 2010
ZENmud wrote:
<quoted text>
ENDquote
ZENjd
Yep, I saw that, let us hope it wasn't 400 times MORE. I guess that they still have to investigate, a pity that it is out in the open again before the DRUG committee has a RESULT
SpeedyPete

Johannesburg, South Africa

#15 Oct 1, 2010
Athos wrote:
<quoted text>Yep, I saw that, let us hope it wasn't 400 times MORE. I guess that they still have to investigate, a pity that it is out in the open again before the DRUG committee has a RESULT
I was also wondering about that one. If it's 400 times LESS, why worry about it?

“Carpe Diem”

Bristol UK

#16 Oct 1, 2010
SpeedyPete wrote:
<quoted text>
I was also wondering about that one. If it's 400 times LESS, why worry about it?
I read that another two have been 'found out' in the Tour of Spain
My Opinion_El Paso_Texas

El Paso, TX

#17 Oct 1, 2010
Athos wrote:
<quoted text>Yep, I saw that, let us hope it wasn't 400 times MORE. I guess that they still have to investigate, a pity that it is out in the open again before the DRUG committee has a RESULT
I agree. Yet, it seems to be getting a little better.

Cheers
My Opinion_El Paso_Texas

El Paso, TX

#18 Oct 1, 2010
Here's an article from ZANman's favorite sports rag

http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/lequipe-raise...

Cheers

“crystelZENmud”

Reality City

#20 Oct 1, 2010
If WADA hasn't verified/sanctioned the 'method' used by Segura to 'detect' the plastic material used in blood transfusion bags...

(I guess we have to presume that there is only ONE kind of plastic used in these 'bags'?)

... then the L'Equipe 'rag' is 'raggin'' with no certitude that anything they publish is 'valid'... the best kind of 'insinnuendo'!

ZZENN
My Opinion_El Paso_Texas

El Paso, TX

#22 Oct 2, 2010
Athos wrote:
<quoted text>Take care before you give the ‘not guilty’ verdict, remember all the flack that I got about the FL case. You said there that it was wrong, too little, too much, wrong sort. Well let us wait and see before any of us jump to conclusions again
Even it the ‘result’ was miniscule, I would ask why was it there? If it came from specially imported meat, it should be easy to trace that back to the suppliers. Did no one else eat that same meat and were they tested?
Tread very carefully, the pseudo scientists on this forum got it very wrong with FL
Well put Chris.

Cheers
SpeedyPete

Johannesburg, South Africa

#23 Oct 2, 2010
Why did "they" not wait until they were sure about the facts before they made it public?

“crystelZENmud”

Reality City

#24 Oct 2, 2010
Athos wrote:
<quoted text>Take care before you give the ‘not guilty’ verdict, remember all the flack that I got about the FL case. You said there that it was wrong, too little, too much, wrong sort. Well let us wait and see before any of us jump to conclusions again
Even it the ‘result’ was miniscule, I would ask why was it there? If it came from specially imported meat, it should be easy to trace that back to the suppliers. Did no one else eat that same meat and were they tested?
Tread very carefully, the pseudo scientists on this forum got it very wrong with FL
So, my more-recently-more-gentle ex-friend, I will tread lightly: I just thought 'maybe' this FL topix-derived Alberto-TPX would like to chew on some tasty facts and sources...

BTW: Wouldn't it be pretty easy for the 'Spanish suppliers' to back up everything AC said?

I note that your use of 'you' puts me in the LimeLight, as the 'personification' of all the scientists, ethics-experts, and legal voices, who backed 'Floyd''til Truth do us part'... yet we know not yet 'the truth', do we?

ZENgently

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Floyd Landis Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Greg Lemond demands 'corrupt' cycling czars resign (Oct '12) Aug '16 Bikers 7
News Lance Armstrong's doping drugs (Jan '13) Jan '16 Fart news 189
News Not Even Lance Deserves This (Dec '13) Aug '15 kiki2 42
News Can Armstrong ever be forgiven? (Sep '14) Oct '14 stefanbed53 5
News Opinion: Should we just stop asking about doping? (Jul '13) Apr '14 Carly Jane 2 31
News Lance Armstrong doping documentary contrasts be... (Oct '13) Apr '14 Carly Jane 2 4
Trick or Treat! (Oct '13) Nov '13 My Opinion_El Pas... 5
More from around the web