USADA head received death threats dur...

USADA head received death threats during Lance Armstrong probe

There are 7 comments on the CBC News story from Sep 24, 2012, titled USADA head received death threats during Lance Armstrong probe. In it, CBC News reports that:

Travis Tygart, facing camera, said in an interview that he's received three death threats.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

Regis Le cycliste

Sigean, France

#1 Sep 24, 2012
I am sure Lance would never have agreed with that. Afterall we are talking about sport.

Idiots/Sponsers/Fans, perhaps!
GeeMan

Basildon, UK

#2 Sep 24, 2012
Anyone doing this desrves to be locked up. We dont need to like what either side say but death threats is not on.
My Opinion_El Paso_Texas

United States

#3 Sep 24, 2012
I quite agree that death threats are not acceptable and it's a shame that those who resort to such low life behavior are not caught and dealth with.

It does however make me wonder if and how many similar incidents happened during the original Floyd Landis case as many fans attended the case there in California along with reading and digesting all of the information that was provided by both the bloggers and the news media then.

Both Travis Tygart and the USADA were criticized by various legal knowledgeable people back during that period.

Travis Tygart's so called professional behavior and methodology was quite questionable.

Trougble with personalities like that of Travis Tygart is the behavior like that of death threats only feed his ego all the more.
SpeedyPete

Cape Town, South Africa

#4 Oct 9, 2012
Floyd Landis is innocent!!
My Opinion_El Paso_Texas

United States

#5 Oct 12, 2012
SpeedyPete wrote:
Floyd Landis is innocent!!
Hey mountain biker, how's the cycling going!
SpeedyPete

Helderberg, South Africa

#6 Oct 17, 2012
Good day to you, Moep! Still riding, did the Burger (Citizen) race a while back, cut off 20 minutes from my previous best time. I've lost 24kg -down from 118kg to 94kg - and this makes all the difference. I'm now aiming at 90kg but will have to stop there, can't afford new clothes now!!!

Do you still ride? And what do you say about Lance Armstrong?

Cheers
My_Opinion_El_Pa so_Texa

El Paso, TX

#7 Oct 17, 2012
SpeedyPete wrote:
Good day to you, Moep! Still riding, did the Burger (Citizen) race a while back, cut off 20 minutes from my previous best time. I've lost 24kg -down from 118kg to 94kg - and this makes all the difference. I'm now aiming at 90kg but will have to stop there, can't afford new clothes now!!!
Do you still ride? And what do you say about Lance Armstrong?
Cheers
Way to go buddy!!! Nice chunk of time that you have eliminated from your racing stats Pieter.

Looks like you're on track by cycling and reducing your weight at the same time as well.

Hope you and your family are well along with coming to a more peaceful existence.

I just got my bike serviced and had to replace tires, tubes, and skins as this environment is rough on tires. Actually been walking and hiking a lot more along with working out at the gym.

Now that the weather is finally getting coller I'll get back on the bike as well and get more miles going again.

Cheers Mate

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Discovery Channel Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Cycling: Lance Armstrong 'still lying' says USA... (Jan '13) Jun 13 Greg McManom 29
Fat and Furious needs to go May '16 Mike G 1
Sherpa series Apr '16 Caretaker99 1
Discovery Influencer panel not impartial. Apr '16 Davjoh50 1
News Lance Armstrong's doping drugs (Jan '13) Jan '16 Fart news 189
Typical urban brother eats the world Jan '16 Mars765 1
Outdoor survival cooking gourmet challenge Jan '16 Mars765 1
More from around the web