Lance Armstrong Tour de France titles in jeopardy

Full story: The Washington Post

Lance Armstrong's seven Tour de France titles could be jeopardized by the doping allegations made by two former cycling teammates even if Armstrong avoids a federal indictment or prosecution, according to people involved in the anti-doping movement and legal precedent.

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 20 of26
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
May 24 wknd

Toronto, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 23, 2011

“My Life Is A Shell Game”

Since: May 07

Lapeer, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 23, 2011

Judged:

Anyone who follows dopers like Armstrong is a sucker. He got cancer most likely from steroid use. He's a jerk on wheels.

Does anyone actually trust any athlete today?

ALL professional sports has gone the way of Big Time Wrestling and sports consumers are like Soap Opera suckers.
Snowflake

San Francisco, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 23, 2011

Judged:

Anybody who knows anything about cycling knows that Lance is a cheat. His best friends Floyd, Tyler and George all said he took it. His super human performances are very suspicious. Even the governing body has been on him for years.
pedsInLA

Wallingford, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 23, 2011

Judged:

JEALOUS PATSIES wrote:
Go to hell and leave Lance Armstrong ALONE! The man beat CANCER, beat everybody who rides a bike, passed 500 drug tests.... now his JEALOUS team mates who LOST to LANCE so many times need some "attention" because they cant win a race to get it!!!
STFU with all the Armstrong doping bullsh*t!
I could care less if he did or didnt... he is a winner PERIOD!
Marion Jones passed drugs tests and eventually got caught. The medical staff enabled Armstrong and others by dosing or monitoring them to pass drug tests. And Lance makes a couple of "donations" to the organization responsible for policing/drug testing the cyclists? Doesn't exactly proove innocence.

This is not a persecution but a prosecution of Armstrong who pledged to have a drug free cycling team. Where some of their members have been suspected of or testing positive for peds/illegal/banned substances. Lance accepted a million dollars for this drug free pledge from the US Postal Service as well. Basically breach of contract.

I'd like to see him and others nailed for ILLEGAL drug trafficing as well

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 24, 2011

Judged:

I'm glad our government has nothing better to do!! Perhaps next they can go after baseball...Oh, nevermind..
Officer Dave

Dallas, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 24, 2011

Judged:

Juicer Juicer Juicer Juicer
Deng

Nanjing, China

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 24, 2011

Judged:

ARMSTRONG IS A SUPPORTER OF BUSH WHO KILLED MILLIONS AND ARMSTRONG IS POLITICALLY CONFUSED BUT OTHER THAN THAT PROBABLY HONEST AND CLEAN.
My Opinion_El Paso_Texas

El Paso, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 24, 2011

Judged:

Interesting points, yet two themes havn't been answered.

1. How has Lance Armstrong been able to beat so many drugs tests during all of those races through all of those years?

2. Since it is believed that Lance Armstrong and all of the riders have taken illegal drugs on his cycling team during all of those years and races, then why:

a. Did Tyler Hamilton only get caught cheating after he went to another team?

b. Did Floyd Landis only get caught cheating after he went to another team?

c. Did George Hancapi not get caught after he went to other teams?
Gus

Vancouver, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 24, 2011

Judged:

My Opinion_El Paso_Texas wrote:
1. How has Lance Armstrong been able to beat so many drugs tests during all of those races through all of those years?
2. Since it is believed that Lance Armstrong and all of the riders have taken illegal drugs on his cycling team during all of those years and races, then why:
Lance had nothing to BEAT,since he said he didn't indulge!
pedsInLA

Wallingford, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 25, 2011

Judged:

In seems Lance was able to beat some of the tests because of his bribes ooops ment donations to the cycling organizations that oversee the drug testing. This might account for Floyd Landis positive test after loosing "the protection" of team Armstrong, the best protection money can buy. Same for Hamilton. George Hancapi was probably still using the docs and/or techniques used to beat drug testing on team Armstrong.

Seems team Armstrong had excellent chemists, pharmacists and doctors specializing in PEDs & testing. This is one reason PEDs need to be banned because who has the best chemistry major shouldn't be a factor in competition.
Gus

Vancouver, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 25, 2011

Judged:

pedsInLA wrote:
<quoted text>
In seems Lance was able to beat some of the tests because of his bribes ooops ment donations to the cycling organizations that oversee the drug testing. This might account for Floyd Landis positive test after loosing "the protection" of team Armstrong, the best protection money can buy. Same for Hamilton. George Hancapi was probably still using the docs and/or techniques used to beat drug testing on team Armstrong.
Seems team Armstrong had excellent chemists, pharmacists and doctors specializing in PEDs & testing. This is one reason PEDs need to be banned because who has the best chemistry major shouldn't be a factor in competition.
...show us your PROOF!
Wang

Union, SC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 25, 2011

Judged:

I'm the Emperor of Mongo, because I said so.
Zeek

Tacoma, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 25, 2011

Judged:

1. His doping Doctor, Michael Ferrari (sp?), had the philosophy that it is not cheating if it does not turn a dope test positive.
2a. & b. Both went to Phonak which apparantly did not have an effective doping program (they doped and turned dope tests positive)
2c. George may have chosen to go clean or joined a team that has an effective doping program. I hate that these two alternatives are both plausable.
My Opinion_El Paso_Texas

El Paso, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 25, 2011

Judged:

Zeek wrote:
<quoted text>
1. His doping Doctor, Michael Ferrari (sp?), had the philosophy that it is not cheating if it does not turn a dope test positive.
2a. & b. Both went to Phonak which apparantly did not have an effective doping program (they doped and turned dope tests positive)
2c. George may have chosen to go clean or joined a team that has an effective doping program. I hate that these two alternatives are both plausable.
Thank you Zeek for providing a logical answer. I also share your feelings about the plausable!
Raymond

Quissac, France

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 26, 2011

Hi boys. Still cycling strong! Is'nt it all very sad!!

Anyway, I feel privaleged. Not only shall I be following the tour as usual, but yet again it passes my pile within 8Km. A couple of nights at home in prospect yet again.

Kind regards to all clean cyclists. All true sportsmen know it makes sense.

Take care. Raymond
Gus

Vancouver, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 26, 2011

Raymond wrote:
Anyway, I feel privaleged. Not only shall I be following the tour as usual, but yet again it passes my pile within 8Km. A couple of nights at home in prospect yet again.
Take care. Raymond
Aloha!
My Opinion_El Paso_Texas

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 26, 2011

Raymond wrote:
Take care. Raymond
Hello Raymond and glad to hear you're still riding strong.
Thomas L Yach

Lenoir, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 31, 2011

Judged:

I raced with Lance in 1989 at Aventura, FL where he won the U.S. Triathlon Short Course Championship. I placed in my age group. As his personal trainer once said of Lance, " He is a physiological freak ". In addition to being endowed with above average athletic potential, he's probably been the most disciplined and hardest training cyclist of all time. And, he's always struck me as being the kind of guy to whom looking in the mirror is as important to him, or more so, than just winning for winning's sake. I say he did not dope. Now, with further comment on the whole " doping " debacle in general in all of sports, should we ban B-12 shots,iron shots, training at high altitude or using hyperbaric chambers, eating inordinate quantities of brussel sprouts, or winning visualization meditating? Where does it end? I say allow anyone to ingest whatever they want, train however they want, but continue testing the winners so their chemical profile can be inscribed on their trophies. In other words let the " Shame " factor police behavior. Let the public decide whether the win was worth a hoot or not. Would this be a better dissuader than the constant back & forth games between the testers and the medical tricksters? Ya think???
KevinSprague_phi lo 150

Columbus, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 31, 2011

Judged:

Snowflake wrote:
Anybody who knows anything about cycling knows that Lance is a cheat. His best friends Floyd, Tyler and George all said he took it. His super human performances are very suspicious. Even the governing body has been on him for years.
The argument here is a bad one because its conclusion is not based on hard fact, the conclusion being that “Anybody who knows anything about cycling knows that Lance is a cheat.” While it is speculated that Lance Armstrong may have intentionally taken performance enhancing drugs, there is nothing in this is argument to support the above conclusion. The premise that his ‘best friends’ say that he did indeed knowingly ingest the PEDs is not strong because “Armstrong reps point to the more than 500 drug tests he passed throughout his epic career. The accusers are liars with their own agendas &#8213; jealousy, selling books, justifying their own doping excesses, etc.”(Lindsay). These facts hold much more truth because words can be manipulated or said under a false pretense. Not to directly say they were lying, but the science disproves the spoken word in this case. The remaining premise that his super human performances are suspicious provides no support of the conclusion. It’s simply a statement aimed at lowering the credibility of an athlete whom has proven his innocence by random testing time and time again. My final word on this is that the scientific evidence thoroughly disproves the assumption that Lance Armstrong has taken performance enhancing drugs and that it speaks louder than the people without evidence to support their claim that he has.
My Opinion_El Paso_Texas

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 31, 2011

Judged:

There have been both good and bad points made throughout this Floyd Landis forum since after the 2006 TDF in defence of Floyd Landis, doping in cycling, and questionable issues about the LAND. And let's not forget about the behavior of the UCI, WADA, and the various national cycling federations as well.

Tyler Hamilton screamed up and down that he had never doped, yet at the end he had admitted to doping and cheating.

Floyd Landis was an reenactment of Tyler Hamilton and the end result came out the same.

And so many other professional cyclists played the same harp, only to end up playing the same sadly ending tune as the above two idividuals.

But, lets really look at the greatest cyclists in the history of cycling!

There has never been any cyclists who have won the TDF and or the Giro more then "5" times and there have been very few who have won all of the Grand Tours together.

Considering that professional cycling has gotten tougher every advancing year, the odds and the statistics will not support the possability of anyone winning any tour "7" times in a row, much less of "7" times period.

We have also seen that EPO has been found in the B Samples of Lance Armstrong, even if that event had been both an ethical and legal questionable situation.

But, then again I was one of the very few posters here who back in 2006 kept pointing out about how the sponsors were demanding bigger and better results from their cycling teams in the first place. Which naturally would have put severe pressure on the team managers towards aquiring drug supplies and juicing up their team cyclists.

But, too many posters kept ingoring that little aspect of cycling all along.

Everyone quickly and conviently disregarded on just how fast the sponsors of the Phonic cycling team had tucked tail and ran away, while allowing this team to take all the blame for everything that they got nailed with.

Just some food for thought!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of26
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••