Lance Armstrong jumps to third at Tou...

Lance Armstrong jumps to third at Tour de France

There are 54 comments on the Newsday story from Jul 6, 2009, titled Lance Armstrong jumps to third at Tour de France. In it, Newsday reports that:

Lance Armstrong jumped from 10th to third place at the Tour de France on Monday, positioning himself for a shot at the yellow jersey after evading trouble on a windy ride along the Mediterranean.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

First Prev
of 3
Next Last

“crystelZENmud”

Since: Jan 07

Reality City

#49 Jul 14, 2009
ya answer'd yer own question, ya big lug ya...:-)

I gotta go outside and watch the Bastille day Thunder STORM...

zenOFF
My Opinion_El Paso_Texas wrote:
<quoted text>
And in another bit of news, Vinokourov is demanding to come back to ASTANA. But, it seems that not all at ASTANA want Vinokourov back in the team.
It was hinted that Armstrong and Bruyneel may go their own way.
If Lance Armstrong is seriously thinking about starting his own team, whome do you think he's going to have for team manager?
Ned

Patchogue, NY

#50 Jul 14, 2009
Good going Lance.
Hope you don't get any flat tires!
Jeremy

United States

#51 Jul 16, 2009
Ned wrote:
Good going Lance.
Hope you don't get any flat tires!
Too bad! He did today! hehe

“I Love Life, People & Animals”

Since: Feb 07

El Paso, Texas

#52 Jul 16, 2009
Flat tires really suck!
Raymond

Aix-en-provence, France

#53 Jul 17, 2009
frenchh wrote:
lance paused his careed once for cancer, then he retired on 2005, it's his first and last come-back! I hope he'll win this tour, he's a great professionnal, and for those who are doubting about doping, he is tested everyday.. allez lance, la france t'aime!
I had already "retired". for ever, at his age. I agree, good luck to him. A remarkable cyclist.

Since: Aug 08

Location hidden

#54 Jul 18, 2009
Jeremy wrote:
<quoted text>
Too bad! He did today! hehe
He caught back up to 8 secs behind which he has maintained all week.:-) And they still haven't climbed the big hills yet :-) He knows his strength and knows how to manage/forecast his race. You have to respect his strategy skills.
Zero Comments

Brooklyn, NY

#55 Jul 18, 2009
Dam!

The Steroids didn't kick in yet?
Ed Burke

Coram, NY

#56 Jul 18, 2009
Fench bicycle racing ....

Y,Y,A,YAWN.N.N.N !
Jeremy

United States

#57 Jul 18, 2009
TomSawyer65 wrote:
<quoted text>
He caught back up to 8 secs behind which he has maintained all week.:-) And they still haven't climbed the big hills yet :-) He knows his strength and knows how to manage/forecast his race. You have to respect his strategy skills.
When I wrote "he did today," I wrote that is response to another writer's hope that Lance would get any flat tires. Sure enough, he does get a flat. Lol.

“crystelZENmud”

Reality City

#58 Jul 18, 2009
I had two flats today!!

the first? Just after leaving LBS (went looking for new tape for bars, they're out of all but black (which I wanted anything BUT black))... so went back in, because I realized I'd neglected my pump: it was 'frozen' from oxidation...

The second flat came about 2km from my buddy's house, at which point I realized I'd left 'EVERYTHING' at home... except a tube, and some adrenaline-strengthened fingernails actually were able to remove tire...

sigh... and all this on the Eve of Verbier, to which I must be GOING....

zenTHERE
My Opinion_El Paso_Texas

El Paso, TX

#59 Jul 18, 2009
Jeremy wrote:
<quoted text>
When I wrote "he did today," I wrote that is response to another writer's hope that Lance would get any flat tires. Sure enough, he does get a flat. Lol.
Seems you need to watch what you write here Jeremy. Might be bad luck.(Smiling with you)

Cheers
My Opinion_El Paso_Texas

El Paso, TX

#60 Jul 18, 2009
ZENmud wrote:
I had two flats today!!
the first? Just after leaving LBS (went looking for new tape for bars, they're out of all but black (which I wanted anything BUT black))... so went back in, because I realized I'd neglected my pump: it was 'frozen' from oxidation...
The second flat came about 2km from my buddy's house, at which point I realized I'd left 'EVERYTHING' at home... except a tube, and some adrenaline-strengthened fingernails actually were able to remove tire...
sigh... and all this on the Eve of Verbier, to which I must be GOING....
zenTHERE
I hate getting flat tires.

Since: Aug 08

Location hidden

#61 Jul 19, 2009
Jeremy wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks! He surely did. And he lost his draft partner to a broken wrist. I think he will end up racing his teammate to the finish line.

“crystelZENmud”

Reality City

#62 Jul 19, 2009
Precisely what happened up in V-town...
Z))))

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Credit Agricole Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Sir Dave Brailsford admits treatment by former ... Mar '17 Sky phart 1
News British Cycling reputation 'in tatters', says M... Mar '17 British phart 1
News Opinion: Should we just stop asking about doping? (Jul '13) Apr '14 Carly Jane 2 31
News Founders of FLAB Richard Bye, Richard Simpson, ... (Oct '13) Oct '13 Lucky Jim 1
News Tour convenes former riders for 100th edition (Jul '13) Jul '13 My Opinion_El Pas... 6
News 5 things to know about Tour de France (Jul '13) Jul '13 My Opinion_El Pas... 12
News Cummings Set for Tour Debut (Jun '10) Jul '13 My Opinion_El Pas... 2
More from around the web