3rd positive doping test throws Tour de France into chaos

There are 7 comments on the GoErie.com story from Jul 17, 2008, titled 3rd positive doping test throws Tour de France into chaos. In it, GoErie.com reports that:

The Tour de France was thrown into chaos again today after Italian rider Riccardo Ricco became the third rider to test positive for the performance enhancer EPO.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at GoErie.com.

Guy down the street

North Ridgeville, OH

#1 Jul 17, 2008
Ricco? The "cobra"??? That bastard-I had high expectations for this new kid. Oh well, as long as Kim Kirchen and Frank Schleck stays clean and places on the podium somewhere I stand to win my bet.
Jeebs

Clayton, MI

#2 Jul 17, 2008
who cares about cycling. its a boring sport and no excitement to it. i wouldnt doubt if 75% of all cyclers used performance enhancers.
jjjr

Stow, OH

#3 Jul 17, 2008
Let me guess JEEBS, your sport of choice is PRO WRESTLING. Those guys don't juice up either right???:)

Try getting off your butt and cycle as many miles as these guys do, or try to do 1/3 of it. I bet you don't even function the next day.
Guy down the street

North Ridgeville, OH

#4 Jul 17, 2008
Yeah, cycling is somewhat boring unless you're mentally advanced enough to analyze the strategy involved. Jeebs' statement is similar to the proposition that Shakespeare is just a bunch of words.

Yeah, some guys do use the stuff, don't doubt it for a second. Pretty much the same as getting a privilege in life because of who you know or are related to; an advantage that others do not or cannot have. You've never done that, have ya Jeebs?

jjjr's right probably-I'd be willing to bet the last bike you ever encountered is one you tripped over stumbling out of some corner bar.
anonymous

Erie, PA

#5 Jul 17, 2008
the mountain stages of the Tour are riveting. Counter attack after counter attack, break aways, previous favorites falling off the back of the pelleton only to watch their hopes for a place on the podium slide down the slopes of L'Alpe Duez although I'm a fan of Cul de Jaliber.
MRRJ

Florham Park, NJ

#6 Jul 17, 2008
High speed crashes, drugs, insane downhills... how much more exciting can you get!
Jeremy

Oxnard, CA

#7 Jul 17, 2008
Am I the only one who noticed that Versus did not air their "Take Back The Tour" spots for the first time in this race. It's because Versus knows the truth: even in a race that is supposedly, "a clean race", the tour will not be taken back because it is lost forever. The ASO threw out Astana in order to create a rule by fear, hoping to scare the dopers straight, only to see a man who won two stages get thrown out, and the Tour is back under its inescapable shadow. I have kept with this race through all the bumps, but this is the last straw. This incident, combined with Astanagate, has left me with no desire to follow this sport any further. I'm EMPTY.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Cofidis - Le Credit par Telephone Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Chris Kirwan Says: Tour doubters are not dopes (Jul '12) Jul '12 My Opinion_El Pas... 6
News International Cycling Union revoke Bbox Bouygue... (Sep '09) Oct '09 ZENmud 2
News Sports Digest (Jul '08) Jul '08 Attila the Hon 1
News Tour de France gets new leader (Jul '08) Jul '08 Plan 2 Fail 1
News Cycling: Wiggins claims third season win as Cof... (Sep '07) Sep '07 Val Marchant 1
News Italian Moreni tests positive for testosterone (Jul '07) Jul '07 My Opinion_El Pas... 4
News Bikes of the peloton (Jun '07) Jul '07 ZENmud 103
More from around the web