Tour de France: three days to go

Tour de France: three days to go

There are 63 comments on the Crikey Website story from Jun 27, 2006, titled Tour de France: three days to go. In it, Crikey Website reports that:

With seven time winner Lance Armstrong now retired, the 2006 Tour is being called year one AL , that is, year one, After Lance.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Crikey Website.

First Prev
of 4
Next Last
dougrender

Denver, CO

#1 Jun 28, 2006
even with only one ball, he is still a huge dick
Avant

Henderson, NV

#2 Jun 29, 2006
It's not that i can't stand Armstrong, but we can't have a media that chooses the guys who they want to give a pass to on the steroid issue. It's more likely then not, Lance Armstrong did steroids.
zwrites

New Orleans, LA

#3 Jun 30, 2006
Avant wrote:
It's not that i can't stand Armstrong, but we can't have a media that chooses the guys who they want to give a pass to on the steroid issue. It's more likely then not, Lance Armstrong did steroids.
Read the lastest articles. It looks like all the racers are being accused. Two droppped out of the Tour de France. They have to prove their innocents as Lance has.
bukonseven

Göttingen, Germany

#4 Jun 30, 2006
dougrender wrote:
even with only one ball, he is still a huge dick
True, man, the guy IS a dick!
julie

United States

#5 Jun 30, 2006
why do you guy hate Lance Armstrong so much?
sean

Seattle, WA

#6 Jun 30, 2006
zwrites,
Have you not done your homework? How many times has Lance been tested? Over 500 times. How many times have they found steroid use? Zero. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out that math. Cheers!!!
zwrites wrote:
<quoted text>
Read the lastest articles. It looks like all the racers are being accused. Two droppped out of the Tour de France. They have to prove their innocents as Lance has.
Avant

Henderson, NV

#7 Jun 30, 2006
sean wrote:
zwrites,
Have you not done your homework? How many times has Lance been tested? Over 500 times. How many times have they found steroid use? Zero. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out that math. Cheers!!!
<quoted text>
Sean, not cheers, CHEAT.
Johnny Bugno

Plainview, NY

#8 Jun 30, 2006
Avant wrote:
Avant, what media do you think is giving Lance Armstrong a pass on the steriod issue and why?
Avant

Henderson, NV

#9 Jul 1, 2006
The mainstream media Johnny. Nobody will ask him the pointed questions. He is a CHEAT.
Johnny Bugno

Plainview, NY

#10 Jul 1, 2006
Avant wrote:
The mainstream media Johnny. Nobody will ask him the pointed questions. He is a CHEAT.
Well Avant, you haven't been looking too hard. Restating your opinion over and over again does nothing to further your point.
Avant

Henderson, NV

#11 Jul 1, 2006
Johnny Bugno wrote:
<quoted text>
Well Avant, you haven't been looking too hard. Restating your opinion over and over again does nothing to further your point.
Armstrongs a CHEAT. Armsrongs a CHEAT. Do you get the point now Johnny.
zwrites

Angie, LA

#12 Jul 1, 2006
sean wrote:
zwrites,
<quoted text>
I believe in Lance's natural ablity ...it's Avant that doesn't. I was responsing to all his negative posting, from other articles on Lance.
Thanks...for pointing out these issues out...Like I said these other racers will have to do the same.
Z
Avant

Henderson, NV

#13 Jul 1, 2006
zwrites wrote:
<quoted text>
I believe in Lance's natural ablity ...it's Avant that doesn't. I was responsing to all his negative posting, from other articles on Lance.
Thanks...for pointing out these issues out...Like I said these other racers will have to do the same.
Z
You also believe in the fair god mother, if you think Lance didn't use things, other his natural ability.
mag_usa

Riverhead, NY

#14 Jul 5, 2006
Avant wrote:
Larry King (it doesn't get more mainstream than that really) asked Lance directly: "did you cheat?" the answer? "never." Cyclesport magazine, Pro Cycling magazine and countless others have asked over the past 8 years, the answer's still the same. and there's stilll no proof from France. nothing conclusive has come out of the L'Equipe stories.

question for you avant: did Lance steal your lunch money or something? you're constantly crying into your milk about him, move on please. let's get back to the Tour as it's happening!

I'm tipping Landis with the removal of Valverde due to collarbone fracture... any thoughts, out there?
Avant

Henderson, NV

#15 Jul 5, 2006
mag_usa wrote:
<quoted text>
Larry King (it doesn't get more mainstream than that really) asked Lance directly: "did you cheat?" the answer? "never." Cyclesport magazine, Pro Cycling magazine and countless others have asked over the past 8 years, the answer's still the same. and there's stilll no proof from France. nothing conclusive has come out of the L'Equipe stories.
question for you avant: did Lance steal your lunch money or something? you're constantly crying into your milk about him, move on please. let's get back to the Tour as it's happening!
I'm tipping Landis with the removal of Valverde due to collarbone fracture... any thoughts, out there?
As i keep saying. You can't just belive guys you like. Where ther is smoke mag usa.
mag_usa

Riverhead, NY

#16 Jul 5, 2006
as i said, i don't even like lance, but i haven't seen the smoking gun yet either. until he, they or someone comes up with it, he's innocent.

now what about Landis? anyone think he's got it this year? or maybe the french might finally have something to crow about with Moreau! that'd be a shocker!
kaiser

Belfast, UK

#17 Jul 5, 2006
I dont think Landis will win the tour as i cant see him holding it together in the alps selvodelli or hincapie no how to and with support from the rest of the team i think one of them will win it. Why does everybody think Lance cheated he has been tested so many times and never found guillty he is just simply the best
Avant

Henderson, NV

#18 Jul 5, 2006
kaiser wrote:
I dont think Landis will win the tour as i cant see him holding it together in the alps selvodelli or hincapie no how to and with support from the rest of the team i think one of them will win it. Why does everybody think Lance cheated he has been tested so many times and never found guillty he is just simply the best
kaiser, if you have money, then you've got to be stupid or arrogant to fail the drug test.
kai

London, UK

#19 Jul 6, 2006
This comment by Fuentes says it all: "Tour at that speed impossible without doping"
florence

Alhaurín El Grande, Spain

#20 Jul 6, 2006
just yesterday I was watching a special on the french TV5 about the 100th anniversary of the TDF...lots of people from reporters to coaches to Tour directors ,etc...one of the most famous riders of all time , Jacques Anquetil admitted to using amphetamins, and he said he did whatever he wanted with HIS body, also that type of drug was not illegal at the time, and EVERYBODY knew Jacques did it... and he was still a HUGE heroe among his people...drug or not, Lance was still the best during 7 years...and Dr. Fuentes´s comment doesn´t prove anything and NO Kai doesn´t say it all....it´s so easy to be behind a screen and slander people, Avant from Vegas must be french to hate LA so much...we women think he´s terrible attractive, a real male...and a real athlete...whether you like it or not...in case you didn´t notice evryone is using something...it didnt make them No 1....

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Alexandre Vinokourov Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Vinokourov to fight blood doping charge (Jul '07) Jul '11 Mikee 78
News Tour de France: Major doping scandals (Jul '11) Jul '11 My Opinion_El Pas... 5
News Cadel Evans favorite to win Giro d'Italia (May '10) May '10 Demondden 1
News Alexandre Vinokourov due to reunite with Astana... (Aug '09) Aug '09 My Opinion_El Pas... 5
News Tour warns Armstrong over testing (Sep '08) Aug '09 SpeedyPete 55
News Kazakhstan cyclist Vinokourov wins time trial a... (Aug '09) Aug '09 zhamba 1
News Tour chief hails clean race, but says war is no... (Jul '09) Jul '09 tattookevin 1
More from around the web