Tour de France director leaves door open for Lance

Sep 11, 2008 Full story: The Times and Democrat 195

Tour de France organizers are hardly thrilled at the prospect of Lance Armstrong returning for a shot at an eighth victory in cycling's showcase event.

Full Story
First Prev
of 10
Next Last

“crystelZENmud”

Since: Jan 07

Reality City

#1 Sep 12, 2008
I found the photos of Lance, which I took in Lausanne on the Tuesday after the 1999 TdF ended ( a small historic race called 'A Travers Lausanne', sadly no longer part of the 'after-Tour' cash festival that reigned in Europe for so many years...).

That was the TdF from which Lance's 'B Samples' were held (we don't know where),'on ice'(we don't know how many power failures those samples experienced), until a crazed French lab Director decided, in late 2004, to thaw them out, and use them as 'research'(which must be achieved according to the WADA CODE, as well as the Helsinki Convention on medical research), which by WADA CODE guarantees ANONYMITY for 'research' of leftover test samples.

DID WADA keep its own behaviour in conformity to its own laws and mandated Codes of Conduct?

NO.

DID the French Lab LNDD (now the AFLD département des analyses) uphold the WADA CODE and Helsinki Convention?

NO.

DID ASO, which owns l'EQUIPE and the TdF, scandalize the reputation of the one man who singularly pumped more interest, money and spectators into the Tour de France, through its publication of illegally acquired 'test results' that had no conformity with KNOWN and agreed standards of medical research conduct?

YES.

Thus it remains interesting that the French entities involved purport to hold the High Moral Ground... the FR TV channel CANAL+ asks this question in an online poll:

"Would Lance's return be discrediting the Tour?

They all believe whatever L'EQUIPE tells'em, even when there is ZERO basis in law, science, or International Treaty for their statements...

ZENyes

“crystelZENmud”

Reality City

#2 Sep 12, 2008
Here's a link to the last known, objective,'scientific approach' type of article written IN France, IN French, within a publication owned by the ASO, owners of L'EQUIPE and the Tour de France...

http://crystelzenmud.blogspot.com/2008/02/200...

ZENlater

“crystelZENmud”

Reality City

#3 Sep 12, 2008
From l'EQUIPE (translation / link follows FR text):

QUOTE:
Marc Madiot (manager de l'équipe La Française des Jeux):«Qu'il se mobilise pour la lutte contre le cancer, d'accord. C'est même une bonne nouvelle. Maintenant, qu'il le fasse en reprenant la compétition de haut-niveau, je ne sais pas si c'est la meilleure des solutions... Ca me parait même totalement surréaliste. Attendons de voir mais à première vue, je ne vois pas comment il peut regagner le Tour de France ou alors les autres sont tous des peintres... Mais avant de prétendre regagner le Tour, il faut d'abord que Lance Armstrong s'explique sur ce qui s'est passé en 1999».
ENDquote

ZENtrans:
“That he's working against cancer, fine. It's even good news. Now, to do so by re-entering high–level competition, I do not know if that's the best solution... It appears totally surrealistic to me. Let's see what happens, but at first sight, I don't see how he can win the TdF again, or otherwise the other (racers) are all painters... But before pretending to win the Tour again, it's necessary that Lance Armstrong explains what happened in 1999.”
ENDtrans

Again, another French personality buys into the myth, and anchors his entire viewpoint, on slanderous L'EQUIPE lies and insinnuendoes...

Does Madiot even care that a Racer's B Sample was 'used for research', which world-wide in ANY sector must be used Anonymously, after non-documented storage for FIVE years (when tested ethically for Doping control means within some 24-72 hours maximum, under finite storage/security issues)???

WADA CODE 6.2:
6.3 Research on Samples
No Sample may be used for any purpose other than as described in Article 6.2 without the Athlete's written consent. Samples used for purposes other than Article 6.2 shall have any means of identification removed such that they cannot be traced back to a particular Athlete.
----------

WADA IST

8.3 Requirements for Security/post test administration

8.3.1 The ADO shall define criteria ensuring that any sealed Sample will be stored in a manner that protects its integrity, identity and security prior to transport from the Doping Control Station. The DCO shall ensure that any sealed Sample is stored in accordance with these criteria.
[.....]

9.0 Transport of Samples and documentation
[.....]
9.3.1 The ADO shall authorise a transport system that ensures Samples and documentation will be transported in a manner that protects their integrity, identity and security.
----------

ISL 2004 Annex B: Laboratory Code of Ethics

2.2. Human subjects
The Laboratories must follow the Helsinki Accords and any applicable national standards as they relate to the involvement of human subjects in research. Voluntary informed consent must also be obtained from human subjects in any drug administration studies for the purpose of development of a Reference Collection or proficiency testing materials.

ZENtheRECORD

“crystelZENmud”

Reality City

#4 Sep 12, 2008
I think (tongue in le cheek) that Madiot's use of 'painters' is a French idiom, which I could have translated more accurately as 'slackers'...

bwaaaaaaaaaaahahaha

ZENps
jpr

New Albany, IN

#5 Sep 13, 2008
Are you talking to yourself?
Raymond

Grenoble, France

#6 Sep 15, 2008
jpr wrote:
He may well be? However, Lance can only now do good for cycling and its reputation with the wider public. I wish him well. It will certainly make next years tour even more interesting. Further, I like his reported reasons for his return.

Regards Raymond

“crystelZENmud”

Reality City

#7 Sep 16, 2008
given the 'sage input' from your response, I may as well be... sigh...

come back with an opinion, we're full of ATTITUDES already...

ZENdialogue
jpr wrote:

“I Love Life, People & Animals”

Since: Feb 07

El Paso, Texas

#8 Sep 16, 2008
Considering that the majority of Lance Armstrongs life has been involved in cycling, it's not a total surprise that he wants to race again.

There have been many people who have reentered into sports after retiring from sports in the first place. That has been happening for all too many years throughout our history.

Not every athlete is suited for coaching or managing a team. It's just not part of their human make-up.

I remember reading the article where Christain Prudhomme stated that they would be watching Lance Armstrong closelly in relation to doping.

I had to sit back and think about that statement. I had to wonder in what part of the sociological and psychological behavior pattern along with the legal aspects involved here, what was Christian Prudhomme forgetting!

Anyone released from jails and or prisons in any country is scrutinized far more closely in order to ascertain that they do not commit another crime.

The same would relate to any athlete coming off a suspenion or ban after having a doping positive.

The ASO has showed themselves in being selective with bias of who they allowed into their events.

The Tour of Italy organizers in the end stepped away from that behavior and made their own collected decision.

The Tour of Britain organizers also did the same thing.

Lets not forget that the British Tennis federation had also changed drug testing labs.

This all goes back to what most of us had agreed upon collectively. Drug test every athlete!

“crystelZENmud”

Reality City

#9 Sep 17, 2008
"A woman who now is running to be second in command of the United States, only 4 years ago had aspirations to be a television anchor, which is probably all she is qualified to be."
-- Lindsay Lohan

zen
WE NOW RETURN YOU TO YOUR REGULARLY FEATURED PROGRAM, ALREADY IN PROGRESS...

El Paso, Texas

#10 Sep 17, 2008
Well, I guess you believe that.

My wife and I watched both the Democratic and the Republican conventions.

Being a life long Democrate, I saw some serious problems going on within the Democratic Party leading up to and at the convention.

Either way, this election will become historical. We'll either see the first African American president or we'll see the first female vice-president.

As for Sarah Palen, she's quite accomplished and has done good there in Alaska. One television program the other night went to Alaska and interviewed people all around that state. The people there had a lot of good to say about their governor.

Cheers

“crystelZENmud”

Reality City

#11 Sep 18, 2008
We're not allowed to discuss US politics here, remember?

:-)

Remember to 'filter' your sources: the state of Alaska is and has long been about 70 per cent Rep., as I recall... so 7 out of 10 Alaskans ought to (and maybe have) love her...

I'll send you an email I sent to family on both ends of our political rainbow...

zenHERE

El Paso, Texas

#12 Sep 18, 2008
"ZENmud wrote--Remember to 'filter' your sources:"

I do understand where you coming from here. But, qouting from Lindsay Lohan isn't filtering out the sources.

The presidential debate is going to take place on Friday evening (09/26/2008) in case you're interested.

Cheers

Raymond

Pont-de-beauvoisin, France

#13 Sep 19, 2008
I repeat. It is quite simple. Any rider, team or sponser who is not happy with the way the tdf is conducted can just GO AWAY. The greatist cycling tour on this planet really does not need wingers. The tour will continue, in all its glory. So if some Americans decide not to partake, it is thier loss. Very sad, reviewing these forums. The case of ONE convicted American performance enhancing drug user and some supporting reactions are just over the top. Warning, The tdf dose not want drug abusers. Just TRY, It may be difficult for some. BE SPORTSMEN.

El Paso, Texas

#14 Sep 20, 2008
One bad testing procedure is actually and in reality, "One Too Many!"

It doesn't matter what country a rider comes from.

All riders should be treated with equal "Legality" and "Quality!"

Again, it really doesn't matter what country a rider comes from.

That is "Black & White!"

El Paso, Texas

#15 Sep 20, 2008
SPORTSMANSHIP: is conformance to the rules, spirit, and etiquette of sport.

This is what the "True" sportsman has learned to understand since childhood.

But, it isn't practiced anymore in professional sports and has been lost to many in various societies.

ETHICS: is a major branch of philosophy, encompassing right conduct and good life.

We all learned this since childhood as well.

But, many in various societies don't practice it and many organizations have lost it's true meaning.

COMMON SENSE: is based on a strict construction of the term, consists of what people in common would agree on as their common natural understanding.

This flew out of the window long ago in all socities. And it has been long since practiced in businesses!

RULES:(sociology), an informal but widely accepted rule, concept, truth, definition, or qualification (social norms, legal norms, coding norms).

We learned this one from childhood onward.

But, it's been lost and it has become a "Class" standard.

Politicians, organizations, and businesses have come to believe that they're above following rules, while they believe that the class of citizens have to strickly folow rules!
Gus

Vancouver, Canada

#16 Sep 20, 2008
Raymond wrote:
I repeat. It is quite simple. Any rider, team or sponser who is not happy with the way the tdf is conducted can just GO AWAY. The greatist cycling tour on this planet really does not need wingers. The tour will continue, in all its glory. So if some Americans decide not to partake, it is thier loss. Very sad, reviewing these forums. The case of ONE convicted American performance enhancing drug user and some supporting reactions are just over the top. Warning, The tdf dose not want drug abusers. Just TRY, It may be difficult for some. BE SPORTSMEN.
...the French just don't like to be beaten at their own game,especially by Americans...GO Lance...Go Floyd give 'm Hell!
Jon

Salt Lake City, UT

#17 Sep 21, 2008
ZENmud wrote:
From l'EQUIPE (translation / link follows FR text):
QUOTE:
Marc Madiot (manager de l'équipe La Française des Jeux):«Qu'il se mobilise pour la lutte contre le cancer, d'accord. C'est même une bonne nouvelle. Maintenant, qu'il le fasse en reprenant la compétition de haut-niveau, je ne sais pas si c'est la meilleure des solutions... Ca me parait même totalement surréaliste. Attendons de voir mais à première vue, je ne vois pas comment il peut regagner le Tour de France ou alors les autres sont tous des peintres... Mais avant de prétendre regagner le Tour, il faut d'abord que Lance Armstrong s'explique sur ce qui s'est passé en 1999».
ENDquote
ZENtrans:
“That he's working against cancer, fine. It's even good news. Now, to do so by re-entering high–level competition, I do not know if that's the best solution... It appears totally surrealistic to me. Let's see what happens, but at first sight, I don't see how he can win the TdF again, or otherwise the other (racers) are all painters... But before pretending to win the Tour again, it's necessary that Lance Armstrong explains what happened in 1999.”
ENDtrans
Does Madiot even care that a Racer's B Sample was 'used for research', which world-wide in ANY sector must be used Anonymously, after non-documented storage for FIVE years (when tested ethically for Doping control means within some 24-72 hours maximum, under finite storage/security issues)???
WADA CODE 6.2:
6.3 Research on Samples
No Sample may be used for any purpose other than as described in Article 6.2 without the Athlete's written consent. Samples used for purposes other than Article 6.2 shall have any means of identification removed such that they cannot be traced back to a particular Athlete.
----------
WADA IST
8.3 Requirements for Security/post test administration
8.3.1 The ADO shall define criteria ensuring that any sealed Sample will be stored in a manner that protects its integrity, identity and security prior to transport from the Doping Control Station. The DCO shall ensure that any sealed Sample is stored in accordance with these criteria.
[.....]
9.0 Transport of Samples and documentation
[.....]
9.3.1 The ADO shall authorise a transport system that ensures Samples and documentation will be transported in a manner that protects their integrity, identity and security.
----------
ISL 2004 Annex B: Laboratory Code of Ethics
2.2. Human subjects
The Laboratories must follow the Helsinki Accords and any applicable national standards as they relate to the involvement of human subjects in research. Voluntary informed consent must also be obtained from human subjects in any drug administration studies for the purpose of development of a Reference Collection or proficiency testing materials.
ZENtheRECORD
Zen;
Do you honestly think that these WADA creeps follow their own rules? Not! WADA and LNDD are as corrupt today as they were during the Landis case and when they attempted to frame Lance for rEPO detection during the 1998-1999 Tours...see the UCI Vrijman Report suckers! Then speak to me about honesty and fair play. Bwahahahaha!
Jon
Gus

Vancouver, Canada

#18 Sep 22, 2008
..I just heard that Lance will be announcing his new team Wednesday
GO...LANCE!

“crystelZENmud”

Reality City

#19 Sep 23, 2008
I am still waiting, but will refine my long-standing request thusly:

RAYMOND!!!

Can you pinpoint the hour of the day of the year in which the TdF determined that it "dose not want drug abusers." (I liked your TYPO-as-Pun, so I didn't correct 'dose')???

I can only guess it was somewhere between Festina/98, Virenque 2000 and Landis 2006... and more precisely when Christian Prudhomme took his big old head out of his big stretched an*s (*= u), and stopped 'condoning' doping in sport as a journalist, upon being forced to deal with sponsors as Director of the Tour...

Your precisions would be most gratifying...

ZENstill
Raymond wrote:

“crystelZENmud”

Reality City

#20 Sep 23, 2008
Jon's ALIVE!!!! < < < < < :-)

I didn't think they 'honestly follow their own rules'... I merely put some of 'those rules' back into the public forum, so neophytes and troglodytes would summon some extraordinary cerebral effort and incorporate "the WADA deceptions" into their modus operandi
:-)

We both know what WADA is, as I wrote a few months ago...
an insurance policy that prevents SPONSOR BAIL-OUT by offering the illusion of SCIENCE, tainted by the stench of 'sectoral agendas' mixed with 'selective enforcement'...

Stick around... who won the -23s at the Worlds TT today?

ZENhere
Jon wrote:
<quoted text>
Zen;
Do you honestly think that these WADA creeps follow their own rules? Not! WADA and LNDD are as corrupt today as they were during the Landis case and when they attempted to frame Lance for rEPO detection during the 1998-1999 Tours...see the UCI Vrijman Report suckers! Then speak to me about honesty and fair play. Bwahahahaha!
Jon

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 10
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Alexandre Vinokourov Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Vinokourov to fight blood doping charge (Jul '07) Jul '11 Mikee 78
Tour de France: Major doping scandals (Jul '11) Jul '11 My Opinion_El Pas... 5
Cadel Evans favorite to win Giro d'Italia (May '10) May '10 Demondden 1
Alexandre Vinokourov due to reunite with Astana... (Aug '09) Aug '09 My Opinion_El Pas... 5
Tour warns Armstrong over testing (Sep '08) Aug '09 SpeedyPete 55
Kazakhstan cyclist Vinokourov wins time trial a... (Aug '09) Aug '09 zhamba 1
Tour chief hails clean race, but says war is no... (Jul '09) Jul '09 tattookevin 1
•••
•••

Alexandre Vinokourov People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••