Nike Drops Lance Armstrong

Nike Drops Lance Armstrong

There are 11 comments on the Wall Street Journal story from Oct 17, 2012, titled Nike Drops Lance Armstrong. In it, Wall Street Journal reports that:

Dow Jones Reprints: This copy is for your personal, non-commercial use only. To order presentation-ready copies for distribution to your colleagues, clients or customers, use the Order Reprints tool at the bottom of any article or visit www.djreprints.com The sports clothing and equipment giant cited "seemingly insurmountable evidence" that Mr.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Wall Street Journal.

harvey

Columbus, OH

#1 Oct 17, 2012
He wisely left as head of LiveStrong, too. That was the right move.

Let them go on doing good and charitable work, and let the cheater depart to enjoy the fruits of his cheating.

No titles

No foundation

No endorsements

Nothing

Shame, but then he brought it on himself. He has no one to blame but himself and the arrogance of the cheater who's been caught.
GeeMan

Broxburn, UK

#2 Oct 19, 2012
harvey did you miss that he remains as a Director of Livestrong.

Basically a back seat driver!

Nike & Co have all publically stated they have ceased their relationship with LA the Athlete.

However, coming soon to an event near you is the following,

Come join Lance Armstrong the Fundraiser at the Livestrong event.
Lance shall be wearing the official Livestrong outfit sponsored by Nike, the Livestrong glasses sponsored by Oakley, riding the Livestrong bike sponsored by TREK drinking the Livestrong official beer Michelob, etc etc.

harvey is that what you meant?
harvey

Columbus, OH

#3 Oct 19, 2012
GeeMan wrote:
harvey did you miss that he remains as a Director of Livestrong.
Basically a back seat driver!
Nike & Co have all publically stated they have ceased their relationship with LA the Athlete.
However, coming soon to an event near you is the following,
Come join Lance Armstrong the Fundraiser at the Livestrong event.
Lance shall be wearing the official Livestrong outfit sponsored by Nike, the Livestrong glasses sponsored by Oakley, riding the Livestrong bike sponsored by TREK drinking the Livestrong official beer Michelob, etc etc.
harvey is that what you meant?
He stepped down as chairman but will remain on the board of directors, yes. What's your point?

Lance is a disgusting, cheating swine, a corrupter of youth and athletics. I can't imagine why ANYONE would want him associated with them.

Don't ever try to tell me what I meant, pig. You condone doping and cheating. You are every bit as bad as your fallen hero.
GeeMan

Broxburn, UK

#4 Oct 19, 2012
harvey you make many assumptions that I can only take is born from your hatred of 1 man.

I have been a cycling fan for decades and lived with doping as part of the sport. That is not an apology for it, it is a fact.

Is it clean now? NO.

Were the Olympics clean? NO. 4 positive tests show years behind doping.

Is any sport in US clean? NO.

In cycling you have no choice it is simple as that and everyone did it and the best rider comes out on top.
US have obviously been rocked by the extent of it but take USPS and read any other Team.

LA is just another long line of cyclist caught doping.

20 out of 21 last podiums at TDF caught, confirmed or associated with doping.
Go figure that one harvey.

If you are into cycling you are not informed and if you are not ease off LA it was either him or any number of others, he was just the best of his era.
GeeMan

Broxburn, UK

#5 Oct 19, 2012
@harvey I am shocked and hurt that you wished to call me names. I shall let you off on the basis that you are not very clever but able to lift heavy things.
harvey

Columbus, OH

#6 Oct 23, 2012
GeeMan wrote:
harvey you make many assumptions that I can only take is born from your hatred of 1 man.
I have been a cycling fan for decades and lived with doping as part of the sport. That is not an apology for it, it is a fact.
Is it clean now? NO.
Were the Olympics clean? NO. 4 positive tests show years behind doping.
Is any sport in US clean? NO.
In cycling you have no choice it is simple as that and everyone did it and the best rider comes out on top.
US have obviously been rocked by the extent of it but take USPS and read any other Team.
LA is just another long line of cyclist caught doping.
20 out of 21 last podiums at TDF caught, confirmed or associated with doping.
Go figure that one harvey.
If you are into cycling you are not informed and if you are not ease off LA it was either him or any number of others, he was just the best of his era.
Let's go over this, you obnoxious trolling moron.

I'm very aware that doping has a long history in cycling. Unlike you, I ABHOR that history and hope that Lance's humiliation leads to changes which make doping a thing of the past. You seem OK with it, for some reason.

I KNOW "everyone was at it," pinhead. I've never once denied that.

I'm not talking about the 1984 Olympic Team or anyone else. Just Lance. Again, an evasion on your part, though the purpose is hard to understand. Just more of your "everyone's doing it" approach, I guess.

No idea what your claims that I'm "ill-informed" mean. What am I "ill-informed" about in relation to my argument, which is that doping is bad and should be eliminated from the sport? Hmmm?

Other sports don't enter into the discussion. Again, more evasion from you to no purpose.

I have no intention of stopping my viewing of sports, and I WILL continue to insist on anti-doping rules and their enforcement. You can wallow in your love for doping, doped athletes, and fake performances all you like. You're part of the problem, not part of the solution.

I feel sorry for you. You're nothing but a loser and a troll.
harvey

Columbus, OH

#7 Oct 23, 2012
GeeMan wrote:
@harvey I am shocked and hurt that you wished to call me names. I shall let you off on the basis that you are not very clever but able to lift heavy things.
Trolls and liars like yourself deserve to be called out. You are an apologist for doping. Enough said.
buyerbeware

Crozet, VA

#8 Oct 23, 2012
GeeMan wrote:
@harvey I am shocked and hurt that you wished to call me names. I shall let you off on the basis that you are not very clever but able to lift heavy things.
Harvey is taking his tricycle and going home...Waaaaaaaaah. BTW Harvey, Who was your favorite cyclist?
GeeMan

Broxburn, UK

#9 Oct 23, 2012
@harvey
what date do you envisage that doping shall be eradicated from Sport?

Also who was your favourite Cyclist?
harvey

Columbus, OH

#10 Oct 24, 2012
GeeImAStupidMan wrote:
@harvey
what date do you envisage that doping shall be eradicated from Sport?
Also who was your favourite Cyclist?
For you and your alter-ego's info, I don't have a favorite cyclist. Thanks to the apologetics of pigs like you, it's a filthy sport. It's little better than pro wrestling, and I certainly don't follow that "sport," either.

At what date will you quit lying and apologizing for doping, asshat?
GeeMan

Taunton, UK

#11 Oct 24, 2012
harvey
At what date do you believe you will have anything coherent to say?

I still believe you have a favourite cyclist though, who is it?

What is your favourite Sport, letÂ’s see what you spend your time watching, cheering, and jeering at.

Does the Sport you watch have doping in it?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Cycling Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Do you want to buy all kinds of cycling jerseys? (Dec '11) Wed Matthew Griffin 3
News Greg Lemond demands 'corrupt' cycling czars resign (Oct '12) Aug 7 Bikers 7
News Cycling: Lance Armstrong 'still lying' says USA... (Jan '13) Jun '16 Greg McManom 29
Wheel'n Wood Apr '16 Billy Smith 1
News Mattis is a no, so who else is there? Apr '16 charlie foxtrot 1
How To Connect A Bicycle Chain (Feb '16) Feb '16 NewYorkView 1
How To Remove A Bicycle Chain (Feb '16) Feb '16 NewYorkView 1
More from around the web