Cycling's governing body strips Lance...

Cycling's governing body strips Lance Armstrong's 7 Tour de ...

There are 10 comments on the The Post-Standard story from Oct 22, 2012, titled Cycling's governing body strips Lance Armstrong's 7 Tour de .... In it, The Post-Standard reports that:

Cycling's governing body agreed Monday to strip Lance Armstrong of his seven Tour de France titles and ban him for life, following a report from the U.S. Anti-Doping Agency that accused him of leading a massive doping program on his teams.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Post-Standard.

GeeMan

Falkirk, UK

#1 Oct 22, 2012
Looks like Pat happy to throw Hein under the Bus and accept all sanctions to 2005 but shall be looking at UCI response for anything post 2005 when he was in charge!

Friday UCI Exec's meet to discuss and agree way forward.

The 9 days they have to review the case shall be spent on Pat applying his Teflon pants and taking the Sport forward.

It also looks likes more cards falling with Cadel Evans admission!
turtle

Huddersfield, UK

#2 Oct 22, 2012
GeeMan wrote:
Looks like Pat happy to throw Hein under the Bus and accept all sanctions to 2005 but shall be looking at UCI response for anything post 2005 when he was in charge!
Friday UCI Exec's meet to discuss and agree way forward.
The 9 days they have to review the case shall be spent on Pat applying his Teflon pants and taking the Sport forward.
It also looks likes more cards falling with Cadel Evans admission!
i started doubting, i must admit geeie. Your continued defense and counter defense. Your stand only to move to another stand, and then when everyone was agreeing and seeing no way out, you're banging on about the 8 years ( even though i and many others were in agreement with other legal minds , that it would because la had given up the right by lying and cheating) But i admit you had me doubting it would happen. You had me thinking that the uci would continue in its vapid way of no backbone.
I am not here to gloat and if that sounds like gloating i apologise. I am just saying what i felt and thought. Please lets hope that times are changing, and we do not find ourselves with problems as big and of the same nature in cycling again. Lets hope that today helps in continuing a better and different international peloton. With no omerta, no team lead doping, no ignoring of truths. Lets hope
turtle

Huddersfield, UK

#3 Oct 22, 2012
GeeMan wrote:
Looks like Pat happy to throw Hein under the Bus and accept all sanctions to 2005 but shall be looking at UCI response for anything post 2005 when he was in charge!
Friday UCI Exec's meet to discuss and agree way forward.
The 9 days they have to review the case shall be spent on Pat applying his Teflon pants and taking the Sport forward.
It also looks likes more cards falling with Cadel Evans admission!
oh what has cadel admitted , I dearly hope it is nothing more than the test he did with ferrari. It would be upsetting to hear he doped too. But again i would not be surprised as too many have made me feel the same. But i have not seen anything, so i hope it is just the test he did. If it is anything more, please tell geeie.
Aside from this, please geeie stop stating as a fact or with a conviction that is the same. That la was the best rider of his day and that he won on a level playing field. I have been over this with you, and others have to. It was not a level playing field, and it is unfair to the other riders for you to make that claim. He is a cheat who won nothing through fair competition.
turtle

Huddersfield, UK

#4 Oct 22, 2012
GeeMan wrote:
Looks like Pat happy to throw Hein under the Bus and accept all sanctions to 2005 but shall be looking at UCI response for anything post 2005 when he was in charge!
Friday UCI Exec's meet to discuss and agree way forward.
The 9 days they have to review the case shall be spent on Pat applying his Teflon pants and taking the Sport forward.
It also looks likes more cards falling with Cadel Evans admission!
Oh and sorry if those last words in the first post sound like i am writing a poor script for a tear jerking ending.
Got a bit carried away with myself, and if i did have a little bit of water just behind the eye as i wrote, who would blame me
;)
GeeMan

Falkirk, UK

#5 Oct 22, 2012
turtle I said at the beginning and now again if you want to work outside the rules governing the sport donít expect athletes to do anything else.

If that the approach then the acceptable levels of a doping offence is up for grabs also.

As far as being the best rider of his day have a look at 2005 TDF title and see who can be awarded as having no visual association, at this stage to doping, and it is 21st Place Carlos Sastre.

turtle ACCEPT that EVERYONE doped and even Sastre won in 2008 in 1st Place ahead of a field of dopers so YOU may wish to remain deluded to the facts but the Peloton doped front to back and those of us who have seen it over the years accept that.

It may even work out that a rider you and many others have no real idea about will inherit 7 TDF titles if the WADA/USADA logic is applied.

How clean do you think the sport is with 21st place as the winner?

Now add to the recent developments of EPO and how do you feel about NADAL? BARCELONA? REAL MADRID? DAVIV FERRER?

The one positive thing this whole issue will create is a broader look at Sport and all those involved in doping in ALL Sports.

I say to you and all others deluded enough to believe Sport is clean STOP being naive and see it for what it is, NOT CLEAN.

Cycling has at least applied the biggest anti-doping measures of any sport and applied sanctions when it finds them.

If US are SO ANTI DOPING why is that they are one of the very FEW who have not applied a LEGAL stance on doping practices?

AGAIN I said there was wide spread doping and you many others on here said BS and what has happened?

Donít try and crow when the result is that you are SO wrong along with the others. I am realist and stand by everything I said and will NOT accept that the ends justify the means or we end up with NO CREDIBILITY in Sport or how it is GOVERNED.

To finish please explain why it is unfair for me to say other riders doped when I can see 21st place as a winner of TDF?

Take off your blinkeres and see the reality and not pretend it's a 1 man or 1 Team issue.

It's a Global epidemic that we may see.
WADA admits it by suggesting it needs an amnesty to catch dopers because the system is broken as no positive measures will work effectively.
turtle

Huddersfield, UK

#6 Oct 22, 2012
GeeMan wrote:
do you just want to argue for the sake of it ?
No one is saying , and especially not me that sport is not infested with doping at varying levels in varying sports. This has never been a point of issue. Please do not accuse me of "crowing along with the others " I am not crowing, in fact i think i even apologised if what i had to say sounded like crowing or gloating in any way. And just who the hell are the "others" you are starting to sound like- Patrick McGoohan in the hit Sixties cult series the prisoner! If you do not know what i am talking about here are several links to familiarise yourself with patricks paranoia filled world.http://www.sixofone.org. uk/ http://www.theprisoneronline.com/links/19-pri...
Why are you repeating yourself geeie + why are you talking down to me. If you had read my posts over the last months you would be aware that i am not deluded and have never said that la and his merry band were the only dopers. I have always thought and said that during that period the whole peloton was doping to a higher and lesser degree(and do not draw conclusions from what is left unsaid either). Your condescending vitorol is totally uncalled for. You have either totally misunderstood me or have not read my posts, and that of many others. No one appears to wish that the tours be awarded to anyone for exactly the reason you outline. But to assume la was the best as a reverse of this theory is at best short sighted at worst blind hero worship. I and others have listed the reasons why this theory does not hold water several times before.
I can see that you have received a blow today, but your post of rage against me and the "others" is totally uncalled for. You do not own the knowledge of cheating and doping in sport, and it appears ironic that you wish there to be no action taken against some of the worst offenders. Many are fully aware of dopings widespread existence and most of those who i know seem relieved that the likes of la have their fake world brought down irrespective of when and how la did his crimes. Your repeated defense of la through technicalities you claim those chasing him have breached have been shown mostly to be incorrect. Or if technicalities have been overstepped they have been deemed acceptable by the governing bodies in order to make progress where none has been made for so long.
That you say "Cycling has at least applied the biggest anti-doping measures of any sport and applied sanctions when it finds them" is almost galling considering your search for any last law to prevent this from occurring. You have openly criticised those trying to do this.
No one i repeat no one is saying it is/was a one man problem in cycling. But the mark that one man left on the sport was so significant that the knowledge of that one man doping could not be ignored and should not have been ignored. It is a good day today geeie, the f....ng uci made the right decision. I believe we have had a clean winner of the tdf this year!!. This is an improvement on a massive scale. I think this will help other sports tackle issues that they find, and no sport will be held in the thrall of any individual however powerful if they have doped.
your "t's a Global epidemic that we may see.
WADA admits it by suggesting it needs an amnesty to catch dopers because the system is broken as no positive measures will work effectively" i disagree, wada is trying to open the gates of history in cycling and maybe other sports to stop the weight of that history dictating what will happen in the future!! cycling has been changing an amnesty could really prevent the terrible omerta from taking over and this all being a waste of time.
There is so much i want to say to you geeie, but i am throwing up and have other responsibilities. its not a cop out,
i have got a bit off track so do not be surprised that when i feel better i come back to this geeie
turtle

Huddersfield, UK

#7 Oct 22, 2012
do you just want to argue for the sake of it ?
No one is saying , and especially not me that sport is not infested with doping at varying levels in varying sports. This has never been a point of issue. Please do not accuse me of "crowing along with the others " I am not crowing, in fact i think i even apologised if what i had to say sounded like crowing or gloating in any way. And just who the hell are the "others" you are starting to sound like- Patrick McGoohan in the hit Sixties cult series the prisoner! If you do not know what i am talking about here are several links to familiarise yourself with patricks paranoia filled world.http://www.sixofone.org. uk/ http://www.theprisoneronline.com/links/19-pri...
Why are you repeating yourself geeie + why are you talking down to me. If you had read my posts over the last months you would be aware that i am not deluded and have never said that la and his merry band were the only dopers. I have always thought and said that during that period the whole peloton was doping to a higher and lesser degree(and do not draw conclusions from what is left unsaid either). Your condescending vitorol is totally uncalled for. You have either totally misunderstood me or have not read my posts, and that of many others. No one appears to wish that the tours be awarded to anyone for exactly the reason you outline. But to assume la was the best as a reverse of this theory is at best short sighted at worst blind hero worship. I and others have listed the reasons why this theory does not hold water several times before.
I can see that you have received a blow today, but your post of rage against me and the "others" is totally uncalled for. You do not own the knowledge of cheating and doping in sport, and it appears ironic that you wish there to be no action taken against some of the worst offenders. Many are fully aware of dopings widespread existence and most of those who i know seem relieved that the likes of la have their fake world brought down irrespective of when and how la did his crimes. Your repeated defense of la through technicalities you claim those chasing him have breached have been shown mostly to be incorrect. Or if technicalities have been overstepped they have been deemed acceptable by the governing bodies in order to make progress where none has been made for so long.
That you say "Cycling has at least applied the biggest anti-doping measures of any sport and applied sanctions when it finds them" is almost galling considering your search for any last law to prevent this from occurring. You have openly criticised those trying to do this.
No one i repeat no one is saying it is/was a one man problem in cycling. But the mark that one man left on the sport was so significant that the knowledge of that one man doping could not be ignored and should not have been ignored. It is a good day today geeie, the f....ng uci made the right decision. I believe we have had a clean winner of the tdf this year!!. This is an improvement on a massive scale. I think this will help other sports tackle issues that they find, and no sport will be held in the thrall of any individual however powerful if they have doped.
your "t's a Global epidemic that we may see.
WADA admits it by suggesting it needs an amnesty to catch dopers because the system is broken as no positive measures will work effectively" i disagree, wada is trying to open the gates of history in cycling and maybe other sports to stop the weight of that history dictating what will happen in the future!! cycling has been changing an amnesty could really prevent the terrible omerta from taking over and this all being a waste of time.
There is so much i want to say to you geeie, but i am throwing up and have other responsibilities. its not a cop out,
Fraud

Tulsa, OK

#8 Oct 22, 2012
All this doping non sense to win a bicycle race? These guys are truly lost in a most profound way!
turtle

Huddersfield, UK

#9 Oct 22, 2012
Fraud wrote:
All this doping non sense to win a bicycle race? These guys are truly lost in a most profound way!
I feel the idea of a meaningful Truth and Reconciliation Commission is a good place to finally put those years behind cycling. So it has the chance to move forward with optimism. I do agree, fraud- its ja bike race and what these people have done to harm themselves and all those around them stinks.
But as long as riders are willing to come forward and admit their past crimes, there might be a chance for the sport to recover. Anyone who is a fan or involved have known that the omerta is just there to help the doping cheats. There is no other reason for somthing like that to exist. So it just go's to show how long this has been happening. Yet la took it to an all new level of cheating and doping. This landmark case is just what cycling needs to bring down the omerta and continue with the good progress it has made over recent years.
GeeMan

Falkirk, UK

#10 Oct 22, 2012
turtle your faith in Sport is far greater than mine.

Dr Fuentes has already said if he was to speak out Spain's 2010 World Cup winning Team would be stripped of their winnerís medal, David Ferrer and Nadal are associated with him, he devises the Training Plans for Barcelona and Real Madrid as well as other athletes in many other sports.
Why did Rio F miss a test and why did Mutu get caught, because players pay to be informed when a tester is being sent. Mutu did not contribute and was not protected.

For Cycling read all Sports and I can easily quantify how historic cheating/doping has been in cycling.

Where there is money in sport there is cheating, unfortunate but true.

An amnesty is an excellent idea but that also needs to have ANY Athlete who admits to it to pay for their doping test from now on for a period of time and anyone caught after the Amnesty gets an automatic lifetime ban.

If the punishment does not deter the cheating/doping will continue.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Cycling Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Alberto Contador lays claim as cycling great, a... Jun '15 DCDierking 1
artifact disappearance May '15 marcia neil 1
Anti-racist is a codeword for anti-white Apr '15 5867frkiyhk 1
How To Fix A Jammed Kryptonite U Lock Mar '15 NewYorkView 1
News Retired generals: U.S. set up for failure in Ir... Mar '15 Kar 3
News Cycling: Lance Armstrong 'still lying' says USA... (Jan '13) Mar '15 cheeze 28
DUI wile riding a bicycle ? Welcome to police... (Nov '14) Nov '14 Ham sandwich 1
More from around the web