Sports dispatches Oct. 4

Sports dispatches Oct. 4

There are 3 comments on the The News Journal story from Oct 4, 2012, titled Sports dispatches Oct. 4. In it, The News Journal reports that:

And now it seems more likely than not that regular-season games will be canceled before the league and the players' association even get back to the negotiating table.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The News Journal.

GeeMan

Bangor, UK

#1 Oct 4, 2012
Probably the funniest legal ruling I have seen, ever.
I urge anyone to read the full ruling as the press releases dont't do it the justice it desrves.

Let's see how Landis deals with this as I cannot see him wanting to cooperate which will lead to a US Court enforcement order on him to do so but shall take time to go through process.

Still extremely funny.
My Opinion_El Paso_Texas

El Paso, TX

#2 Oct 4, 2012
Fraud
GeeMan

Worcester, UK

#3 Oct 4, 2012
It also amuses me his Lawyer says he was not informed about the case but he has commented on it in newspapers, online and I believe on TV.

Flakey guy I'd say.

Kimmage is next up on the same charges, followed I believe by L'Equipe, and he has a bigger war chest to have a go at UCI so lets hope he gets somewhere although in Switzerland I very much doubt it, UCI are located there for a reason!

They tried the same with LeMOnd but his Lawyer has told UCI basically they will sue in US against them!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Cycling Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Cycling: Lance Armstrong 'still lying' says USA... (Jan '13) Jun 13 Greg McManom 29
Wheel'n Wood Apr '16 Billy Smith 1
News Mattis is a no, so who else is there? Apr '16 charlie foxtrot 1
How To Connect A Bicycle Chain Feb '16 NewYorkView 1
How To Remove A Bicycle Chain Feb '16 NewYorkView 1
Spruzza Feb '16 Billy Wright 1
News Lance Armstrong's doping drugs (Jan '13) Jan '16 Fart news 189
More from around the web