Lance Armstrong deletes his Tour de France wins

Lance Armstrong now has been banned by the UCI and stripped of his Tour de France titles. Full Story
harvey

Columbus, OH

#1 Oct 23, 2012
As sad and pathetic as this is, I'm glad to see them make an example of this liar and cheater. He needs to take stock of himself and consider apologizing to his family, friends, his sport, and the American people for his consistently dishonest approach to sport and to the accusations against him. He's attacked, slandered, and humiliated a lot of people along the way, and he needs to make amends.

And cycling needs to use this as a springboard to FINISH the cleanup and make it an honest sport once again.

Buh-bye, Lance. Not sorry for you at all.
buyerbeware

Charlottesville, VA

#2 Oct 23, 2012
harvey wrote:
As sad and pathetic as this is, I'm glad to see them make an example of this liar and cheater. He needs to take stock of himself and consider apologizing to his family, friends, his sport, and the American people for his consistently dishonest approach to sport and to the accusations against him. He's attacked, slandered, and humiliated a lot of people along the way, and he needs to make amends.
And cycling needs to use this as a springboard to FINISH the cleanup and make it an honest sport once again.
Buh-bye, Lance. Not sorry for you at all.
So Lance was NOT your favorite cyclist? Who was/is?
Disappointed

Junction City, KS

#3 Oct 23, 2012
There really are no heroes left.

All athletes are dopers and aholes.

Armstrong should have his other nut removed.
harvey

Columbus, OH

#4 Oct 23, 2012
buyerbeware wrote:
<quoted text>So Lance was NOT your favorite cyclist? Who was/is?
He WAS my favorite until the allegations of doping became impossible to ignore. I don't really follow the sport that much, however. The more I learned about it the more obvious its problems with doping became, and who wants to follow a fake sport? It'd be like being a pro-wrestling fan...
GeeMan

Falkirk, UK

#5 Oct 23, 2012
harvey you could have saved yourself a lot of heartache if you just looked into Cycling first.

Doping culture since Day 1 and more caught the last few months.

Type in Doping in Cycling and go to Wiki.
harvey

Columbus, OH

#7 Oct 24, 2012
GeeImAStupidMan wrote:
harvey you could have saved yourself a lot of heartache if you just looked into Cycling first.
Doping culture since Day 1 and more caught the last few months.
Type in Doping in Cycling and go to Wiki.
You could save yourself a lot of posts if you READ the posts you're replying too, asshat.

Take dope and die.
GeeMan

Bridgwater, UK

#8 Oct 24, 2012
harvey I am pleased you dont want to be involved in cycling. But you want to be on a Cycling thread, wierd!

I am sure there are many other Sports out there that would welcome you aboard!

By the way who is your favourite Cyclist?
buyerbeware

Charlottesville, VA

#9 Oct 25, 2012
Shouldn't the headline say the "cycling federation" deletes his TDF wins?
GeeMan

Falkirk, UK

#10 Oct 25, 2012
No

“Citizen_Patriot_ Voter_Atheist!”

Since: May 09

Earth,TX

#11 Dec 23, 2012
The allegations of doping which were impossible to ignore(thanks to the press) were also impossible to prove(thanks to the tests). Lance was tested before each race, and after, the tests said he was clean. There was no doping, but there was a witch hunt.

It was years of this battle for him, couple that with the cancer and that this life is the only one he is getting, he had fought that particular battle long enough.

Tour de France officials should have stood by thier own tests results. Armstrong wasn't bringing his own drug testing kits to the races.

If the testing wasn't accurate with Armstrongs test, then they weren't for the other racers either.
I can read

Edinburgh, UK

#12 Dec 23, 2012
Reason Personified wrote:
If the testing wasn't accurate with Armstrongs test, then they weren't for the other racers either.
Yes. That's why they didn't award titles to anyone else after they stripped them from armstrong.

“Citizen_Patriot_ Voter_Atheist!”

Since: May 09

Earth,TX

#13 Dec 23, 2012
I can read wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes. That's why they didn't award titles to anyone else after they stripped them from armstrong.
Yeah we know, every test said he wasn't doping but somewhere, some jerks could not believe that a man with cancer could actually win. Lance should sue the sh!t out of the whole damned bunch. I am willing to donate to his attorneys fees.
I can read

Edinburgh, UK

#14 Dec 24, 2012
Reason Personified wrote:
<quoted text>Yeah we know, every test said he wasn't doping but somewhere, some jerks could not believe that a man with cancer could actually win. Lance should sue the sh!t out of the whole damned bunch. I am willing to donate to his attorneys fees.
Throw your money away if you like.

Armstrong isn't taking anyone to court because he'd lose.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Cycling Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Not Even Lance Deserves This (Dec '13) Oct 25 stefanbed53 41
Can Armstrong ever be forgiven? Oct 25 stefanbed53 5
Shouldn't We Be Allowed to Ride Facing Traffic? (Feb '13) Oct 23 Wise biker 3
Winter cycling is suicidal and insane! Oct 23 Wise biker 1
Man gets $2300 in tickets on his electric bike Oct 5 Electric Biker 1
Do you want to buy all kinds of cycling jerseys? (Dec '11) Sep '14 Jeremy 2
pongo59 Aug '14 pongo59 1

Cycling People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE