Lance Armstrong resigns from Livestro...

Lance Armstrong resigns from Livestrong cancer charity

There are 24 comments on the CNN story from Oct 17, 2012, titled Lance Armstrong resigns from Livestrong cancer charity. In it, CNN reports that:

Former pro cyclist Lance Armstrong will step down as chairman of the Livestrong cancer charity he founded in 1997 after recovering from the disease, organization spokeswoman Katherine McLane said Wednesday.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CNN.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Since: Jan 07

Location hidden

#1 Oct 17, 2012
I bet his "disease" of cancer is bullsh1t too. His whole life is bullsh1t. He scammed all you suckers that bought into his lie, buying his stupid yellow rubber band for your wrist. The little rubber band that cost $0.001 to make and sells for $20.

He should be required to pay back every cent he earned based on his lie. That should be the punishment, leave his sorry a$$ penniless.
GeeMan

Broxburn, UK

#2 Oct 19, 2012
is there any room left inside you to hate more?

Location hidden

#3 Oct 19, 2012
GeeMan wrote:
is there any room left inside you to hate more?
Nah! I got lots of room for more hate, especially c0cks like that scum sh1t Dunce Aintstrong

Since: Dec 07

Spring, TX

#4 Oct 19, 2012
DavidH64 wrote:
<quoted text>
Nah! I got lots of room for more hate, especially c0cks like that scum sh1t Dunce Aintstrong
I bet he whipped your asz in a race and you can't stand it, can you peanut?
GeeMan

Broxburn, UK

#5 Oct 19, 2012
Has he done anything that anyone else was not doing at th time?

No so why the hate?

Spring, TX

#6 Oct 19, 2012
GeeMan wrote:
No so why the hate?
A. He beat them, passed all doping tests.
B. He's a Texan, doesn't back the far left and rides Wounded Warrior's with President Bush.
C. His charities have helped millions.

Most of all, they're losers.

Location hidden

#7 Oct 19, 2012
Bluebonnets-Thistle wrote:
<quoted text>
I bet he whipped your asz in a race and you can't stand it, can you peanut?
Even with out doping I would bet he would beat me in a bike race. I'm not a cyclist.

Your point? Beside just a lame unwarranted attack.

Location hidden

#8 Oct 19, 2012
GeeMan wrote:
No so why the hate?
That's right. Let's take that "He did, so why can't I" attitude. Maybe we should apply that to everything.

Yours has to be the most immature, childish, lame excuse ever. "Waaa Waaa, he did it first. Waaa Waaa"

F**king loser

Spring, TX

#9 Oct 19, 2012
DavidH64 wrote:
<quoted text>
Even with out doping I would bet he would beat me in a bike race. I'm not a cyclist.
Your point? Beside just a lame unwarranted attack.
We've watched him win races since he was 12 years old. Didn't need to cheat. Can't stand guilty until proven innocent by people such as yourself. You obviously suffer from other issues.

Location hidden

#10 Oct 19, 2012
Bluebonnets-Thistle wrote:
<quoted text>
We've watched him win races since he was 12 years old. Didn't need to cheat. Can't stand guilty until proven innocent by people such as yourself. You obviously suffer from other issues.
Innocent? Are you high? LMAO! He was proven guilty, beyond all reasonable doubt, of doping for ALL of his "wins".

Winner? ROFLMFAO!!!! He is not a winner if he had to cheat. It makes him the BIGGEST LOSER. ROFLMFAO!!! He sucked so bad he had to cheat to win, there was no other way. ROFLMFAO!!!

I'm willing to bet that his "cancer" is just as much a farce and lie as his whole life has been. I bet the LOSER never had cancer. It was just to garner more support for his financial agenda. Damm he sure did sucker you. ROFLMFAO!!! How much have you given him buying his $0.001 yellow rubber band? Or other paraphernalia?

SUCKER!!!!!!!!

Location hidden

#11 Oct 19, 2012
How do you spell LOSER? Lance Aintstrong! LMAO!!!!!!
GeeMan

Broxburn, UK

#12 Oct 19, 2012
@davidH64 it is quite clear you know nothing about cycling with your comments!
Ignorance however is no excuse and your inept understanding of the process used is also staggering. Beyond all reasonable doubt is a legal term not associated with thus case unless you look at the +8 year aspect of the File!
I won't continue because I know by now I have completely lost you! Lol
Lets see what you got now loser?

Spring, TX

#13 Oct 19, 2012
DavidH64 wrote:
<quoted text>
Innocent? Are you high? LMAO! He was proven guilty, beyond all reasonable doubt, of doping for ALL of his "wins".
Winner? ROFLMFAO!!!! He is not a winner if he had to cheat. It makes him the BIGGEST LOSER. ROFLMFAO!!! He sucked so bad he had to cheat to win, there was no other way. ROFLMFAO!!!
I'm willing to bet that his "cancer" is just as much a farce and lie as his whole life has been. I bet the LOSER never had cancer. It was just to garner more support for his financial agenda. Damm he sure did sucker you. ROFLMFAO!!! How much have you given him buying his $0.001 yellow rubber band? Or other paraphernalia?
SUCKER!!!!!!!!
Proven by whom??? YOU?

All test negative? Whiners who he beat now saying he doped?

I just read the Constitution, screwball. Try it sometime.

YOU bet he never had cancer!! Well hell, that makes it official.

Armstrong managed to recover after surgery to remove his right testicle and two brain lesions, and a course of chemotherapy, performed at Indiana University School of Medicine. The standard chemotherapy for his cancer would have meant the end of his cycling career, because a known side effect was a dramatic reduction in lung function; he opted for a more severe treatment that was less likely to result in lung damage.

Check the medical records and Indiana USM, horses asz. You might decide the guy might be telling the truth. Big money out there for those who want his titles taken to get a piece of the action.

Haven't bought a thing. Support his work which has helped millions. You on the other hand, have only crap to say about those who have been affected and he has inspired. Pathetic.

Spring, TX

#14 Oct 19, 2012
DavidH64 wrote:
How do you spell LOSER? Lance Aintstrong! LMAO!!!!!!
I can't even imagine how much it must suck to be you. You have my sincere and abundant sympathy!

Location hidden

#16 Oct 20, 2012
GeeMan wrote:
@davidH64 it is quite clear you know nothing about cycling with your comments!
Ignorance however is no excuse and your inept understanding of the process used is also staggering. Beyond all reasonable doubt is a legal term not associated with thus case unless you look at the +8 year aspect of the File!
I won't continue because I know by now I have completely lost you! Lol
Lets see what you got now loser?
What does my limited knowledge of cycling have anything to do with a LOSER DOPER who CHEATED his way to win? ROFLMFAO!

And YES he was found GUILTY BEYOND ALL REASONABLE DOUBT OF DOPING.

Yes I realize this is hard for you to comprehend and accept. But it is a FACT you should try to accept.

Location hidden

#17 Oct 20, 2012
What is wrong with Americans when you people start adoring and hold as role models, sports figures like Michael Vick (convicted animal abuser), Lance Aintstrong (DOPER), Joe Paterno (coverup of a pedophile), Ben Roethlisberger (rapist), Barry Bonds (doper), Lenny Dykstra (GTA), Kobe Bryant (rapist), Marion Jones (doper), Brett Favre (sexual deviant/pervert), Tiger Woods (adulterer), Floyd Landis (doper), ..... Goddamm you people are seriously FK'D in the head.
GeeMan

Broxburn, UK

#18 Oct 21, 2012
Add DavidH64 to the list as a Mentalist.

You make a lot of noise and no sense.

At any time does the screaming stop in your head?
Gus

Vancouver, Canada

#19 Oct 21, 2012
GeeMan wrote:
Add DavidH64 to the list as a Mentalist.
You make a lot of noise and no sense.
At any time does the screaming stop in your head?
...it may,after Hallo'een :)
StratCat Singapore

Singapore, Singapore

#20 Oct 22, 2012
Intersting comments guys and while DavidH64 is a little extreme in terminology he is Right!!!

Its unnequivocal, lance doped and its naive to think otherwise. Yes he has a big cardio system and Vo2 max but so do many others, yes he won races when he qas younger but as you go up in pro level you just meet all the other guys from round the world like you so you need an edge to win.

Lance struggled to finish his first three or was it four Tour de Frances, yes he won a couple of stages but so do so many pro riders that never ever win the tour outright. prior to cancer he would have minutes taken out of him in time trials(TT being the best guage of true capability on a bike) yet after he came back he was taking minutes out of others, doesnt make sense, the change was so dramatic everybody questioned it immediately.

look at some of the physiology numbers scientists have calculated for his rides, they are off the scale and not within the generally accepted boundriess of elite human performance. Yeah he is aextremely gifted but many other riders were just as gifted physiologically. So he doped to get the edge.

Yes they all did, or most of them, but his cover up and lying for financial gain and perjury and manipulation and intimiidation goes beyond doping and yes he should pay the price for that.

He needs to stand up take it on the chin like a man and move on. He aint that tough, tell it to the British Special Forces or Seals or Nepalese Sherpas who have summitted everest 15 times or Eddie Merxck Jacques Anquetil or Bernard Hinault who won the Tour many time PLUS the other grand tours as well and in the same year. Lance only ever rode the tour! He was not the greatest cyslist. Its a bit like saying the tennis player who just wins wimbledon is the greatest ever ;-) You need to win all the Grand Slams US Open, Wimbledon, French Open, Aussie Open not just one. So Lance was good but lets please put it in perepctive.

USADA did the RIGHT thing which at the end of the day is what this is all about, Right?

Enjoyed your comments
GeeMan

Broxburn, UK

#21 Oct 22, 2012
@stratcat you may think DavidH64 is right but he is not.
To condemn one man under a banner of US Cycling and allow everyone to walk with the weakest sanctions ever applied by an Anti-doping agency who done this outwith their own remit and apply the greatest every against 1 athlete and tell you all it was not a witch hunt leaves me thinking how deluded are you?

AGAIN, the ends never justify the means and if you have rules and break them how does that give credibility to your actions and how do you expect riders to stick to the rules when you donít?

Do as I say not as I do, is that the message you feel is appropriate?

If you want to morality exist in Sport it must be contained within the Anti-doping organisations WITHOUT exception and/or deviation or the whole process is bankrupt.

With respect to your comments on LA before and after cancer shows you have no knowledge of his pysical change after cancer. He would never have won a TDF or GT before due to his physique, he was not a climber but a power rider. After cancer his body was a shell and built up from Cycling and not Triathalons as it was pre-cancer.
Your argument is wholly incorrect and not applicable.

Your points about being a TDF rider and not classics and GT's I have agreed with in another thread and you are correct however he was allowed to achieve his wins probably due to that also as he did not completely [email protected] off the whole Peloton doing multi wins across cycling.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Cycling Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Alarm Siren Padlock 110dba Instructions Rev... Jul 3 NewYorkView 1
News Buy Nothing Day + Carnivalesque Rebellion | Adb... (Nov '10) Jun 29 BuyPhartsx 3
The Bicycle Air Pump Horn 120DB Super Loud Inst... Jun '17 NewYorkView 1
News Trump turns to 'The Snake' to warn about border... May '17 Wildchild 1
News Sir Dave Brailsford admits treatment by former ... Mar '17 Sky phart 1
News British Cycling reputation 'in tatters', says M... Mar '17 British phart 1
News Democratic pressure to oppose Trump roils Capit... Feb '17 Democrats alienat... 1
More from around the web