Yasmin Levy to serenade ancient Salam...

Yasmin Levy to serenade ancient Salamis with Sephardic songs

There are 4 comments on the Today's Zaman story from Aug 28, 2010, titled Yasmin Levy to serenade ancient Salamis with Sephardic songs. In it, Today's Zaman reports that:

Yasmin Levy will sing for her fans in northern Cyprus on Aug. 31 at the ancient theater of Salamis.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Today's Zaman.

I wonder

Ankara, Turkey

#1 Aug 28, 2010
...why Jews like us so much. If one reason is because we gave them shelter when they escaped from Spain and Portugal, the other and more recent reason is every time the Greeks in the Ottoman Empired tried to realise Jewish pogroms with the racist Blood Libel, we saved the Jews, our Turkish citizen brothers and sisters...
I wonder

Ankara, Turkey

#3 Aug 28, 2010
The message was not meant for a racist, Greek or Israeli. Those who understand me took it...
Aphrodite

Farmingdale, NY

#4 Aug 29, 2010
I wonder wrote:
...why Jews like us so much. If one reason is because we gave them shelter when they escaped from Spain and Portugal, the other and more recent reason is every time the Greeks in the Ottoman Empired tried to realise Jewish pogroms with the racist Blood Libel, we saved the Jews, our Turkish citizen brothers and sisters...
That is why your country murdered innocent Israeli soldiers last May? As for giving them shelter when they escaped from Spain it was in Greek terrority they escaped to: Thessaloniki, Constantinople, Symrna, etc. The first time I ever heard anti-Semetic comments was from a Turk from your city Anakara.

I do believe all Turks must return to their homeland of Turkimenstan so there would be world peace. Free Anatolia and Cyprus from Turkish barbarian rule.
I wonder

Ankara, Turkey

#5 Aug 29, 2010
Yes Aphrodite, Turkish civilians killed 9 Israeli soldiers last May, they threw fliers with peace messages on the soldiers' faces...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Farmagusta, Cyprus Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News 'We may never have such a chance again' (Aug '15) Oct '16 Conner 2
News Armenian President In Cyprus Tomorrow (Mar '16) Apr '16 lumumba boys 2
News Isolated north Cyprus counts on Turkey for econ... (Apr '15) Aug '15 SpaceBlues 33
News Footballer stands by move north (Jan '15) Mar '15 greek 6
News Ancient Capital Unearthed in Cyprus (Jan '15) Jan '15 Mkz6 1
News Cyprus named world's 6th most militarized nation (Jan '15) Jan '15 Altai 9
News British widow's house-sale money locked up in C... (Apr '13) Oct '14 cyprusgirl 22
More from around the web