Gloria Smith dies after drinking clea...

Gloria Smith dies after drinking cleaning fluid from water bottle in Cyprus

There are 63 comments on the Daily Mail story from Jul 17, 2012, titled Gloria Smith dies after drinking cleaning fluid from water bottle in Cyprus. In it, Daily Mail reports that:

Tragedy: Gloria Smith died after she drank cleaning fluid which had been left in a water bottle in her hotel room A British holidaymaker collapsed and died after downing cleaning fluid which she mistakenly believed was a bottle of water in her hotel room, an inquest heard.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Daily Mail.

First Prev
of 4
Next Last
Richard Bargeshdian

Nicosia, Cyprus

#1 Jul 17, 2012
This is really unbelievable!
Cyprus once employed Cypriot personnel who were highly educated and trained and this attracted high-class tourism. Today the majority of hotel staff are from communist countries or third world countries because of slave wages they earn. These people lack basic education, polite manners and uncommunicative approach in their duties.
Cypriot hoteliers do not even realize that cheap and unqualified labor hurts business.
Rachel

Godalming, UK

#2 Jul 17, 2012
Richard Bargeshdian wrote:
Cyprus once employed Cypriot personnel who were highly educated and trained and this attracted high-class tourism. Today the majority of hotel staff are from communist countries or third world countries because of slave wages they earn. These people lack basic education, polite manners and uncommunicative approach in their duties.
Cypriot hoteliers do not even realize that cheap and unqualified labor hurts business.
Can you imagine how the monkeys would be gibbering in a frenzy if this had happened in unoccupied Cyprus?

R
Dervis Eroglu

Turkey

#3 Jul 17, 2012
Really a Tragedy,
people come from far away and pay huge amounts of money to come to this beautiful island of ours to have a relaxing and carefree holiday, something they will remember for the rest of their lives,
But instead it turns in to a Tragedy through sheer greed they are killed by the very people who should have cared and looked after them,
unbelievable.
Richard Bargeshdian

Nicosia, Cyprus

#4 Jul 17, 2012
Rachel wrote:
<quoted text>
Can you imagine how the monkeys would be gibbering in a frenzy if this had happened in unoccupied Cyprus?
R
Rachel babe, this happened in unoccupied Cyprus, in Limassol.
As regard to Dervis Eroglu's comment I fully support what he has stated.
Positive Pete

Springfield, NJ

#5 Jul 17, 2012
<quoted text>
Richard Malakian, How is the hasis that Dervis is providing for you?
Dervis Eroglu

Turkey

#6 Jul 17, 2012
<quoted text>
Pushty Rachel troll not only doesent care for the tragic death of Gloria Smith, my heart goes out to her family and friends,may Gloria rest in peace, truly a tragic and unnecessary death.

this troll doesn't even know where this tragedy accrued , the slime bag proved he hasn't got a clue about Cyprus and Cyprus issues
a pushty Troll.

Dervis Eroglu

Turkey

#7 Jul 17, 2012
Positive Pete wrote:
<quoted text>
Richard Malakian, How is the hasis that Dervis is providing for you?
Do you know what at times I want to call you a Wanker.

haven't you got no feelings this incident happened in Cyprus don't you feel ashamed,

Rachel

Evesham, UK

#8 Jul 17, 2012
Dervis Eroglu wrote:
<quoted text>
Pushty Rachel troll not only doesent care for the tragic death of Gloria Smith, my heart goes out to her family and friends,may Gloria rest in peace, truly a tragic and unnecessary death.
this troll doesn't even know where this tragedy accrued , the slime bag proved he hasn't got a clue about Cyprus and Cyprus issues
a pushty Troll.
debris, yet again your idiocy and stupidity is plastered all over Topix for all to laugh at. The Salamis Bay Conti Hotel is in the stolen north: http://www.salamisbayconti.com/

Who hasn't got a clue and who is the troll?

R
RightRichard

Collierville, TN

#9 Jul 18, 2012
...right richard but incompetence has no boundries---as u see in the article above there is a link in the middle of the article where professional hospital staff in england killed a young man,,,,,,,,
Rachel

Keighley, UK

#10 Jul 18, 2012
Dervis Eroglu wrote:
<quoted text>
a pushty Troll.
debris, no backbone and no brain, a rare species indeed :-)

R
blackadder

Chorley, UK

#11 Jul 19, 2012
Rachel wrote:
<quoted text>
debris, no backbone and no brain, a rare species indeed :-)
R
Is this part of your intelligence led debating approach?

Say something useful, that any non-Greek might understand you stupid "woman".

Here's a lead for you.

Tell us why Greece and Greek Cypriots are economically facked and what non-dom greeks [like you and all the other freeloaders here] are doing to did their bretheren out of the mire.

If you could put up a sensible and cogent post on that issue, I might even consider yuou have a brain.

No doubt you will make your usual stupid and childidh rants using the usual pompous english you "educated" Greeks have a talent for.
Themistocles

Australia

#12 Jul 19, 2012
blackadder wrote:
<quoted text>
Here's a lead for you.
Tell us why Greece and Greek Cypriots are economically facked and what non-dom greeks [like you and all the other freeloaders here] are doing to did their bretheren out of the mire.
If you could put up a sensible and cogent post on that issue, I might even consider yuou have a brain.
No doubt you will make your usual stupid and childidh rants using the usual pompous english you "educated" Greeks have a talent for.
Why are you still alive? you were supposed to step in front of a bus, don't let us down again, just do it.
Dervis Eroglu

Turkey

#13 Jul 19, 2012
Themistocles wrote:
<quoted text>Why are you still alive? you were supposed to step in front of a bus, don't let us down again, just do it.
AS ALWAYS, NOT BEFORE YOUR KIND of VERMIN .
Rachel

Keighley, UK

#14 Jul 19, 2012
blackadder wrote:
<quoted text>
Here's a lead for you.
My incandescent little turkish troll, rants are squarely in your area of expertise. I don't and have never ranted.

I don't answer to you and certainly will not respond to your one sided racist filth that you pedal on a daily basis.

Talking of "sensible posts", when was your last one?

Finally, the three idiots calling themselves debris are so stupid, that collectively they don't make a single average IQ. Just read back through this and many other posts to gauge the level of their cretinism.

The three of them and other slighty (but not much) less stupid turks, constantly barrage me with a high level of disgusting filth and stupid (but never substantiated) accusations of posting other names.

debris is under investigation for trolling, carry on and you will join him.

R

Tc In London

Johnstone, UK

#15 Jul 19, 2012
Themistocles wrote:
<quoted text>Why are you still alive? you were supposed to step in front of a bus, don't let us down again, just do it.
hows my WOG friend today
greek

Rahway, NJ

#16 Jul 19, 2012
Dervis Eroglu wrote:
Really a Tragedy,
people come from far away and pay huge amounts of money to come to this beautiful island of ours to have a relaxing and carefree holiday, something they will remember for the rest of their lives,
But instead it turns in to a Tragedy through sheer greed they are killed by the very people who should have cared and looked after them,
unbelievable.
Simply a tragedy all Greeks should be ashamed. Dervis why have'nt you blamed me yet?
Rachel

Keighley, UK

#17 Jul 19, 2012
greek wrote:
<quoted text> Simply a tragedy all Greeks should be ashamed. Dervis why have'nt you blamed me yet?
Why should greeks be ashamed?

R
Greek Aussie

Nicosia, Cyprus

#18 Jul 20, 2012
greek wrote:
<quoted text> Simply a tragedy all Greeks should be ashamed. Dervis why have'nt you blamed me yet?
Re.. It happened in the OCCUPIED areas..

Whilst it is a tradgedy, and I hope an unintentional incident, we cannot accept resposibility..

Motto: Dont go to the north till it is free and liberated..
Observer

Limassol, Cyprus

#19 Jul 20, 2012
"Richard Bargeshdian" This is really unbelievable!

----------

Richard, this happened in the occupied north not the Republic of Cyprus. Having said that, I have to agree with some of the things you say above as they apply to the south too.
Observer

Limassol, Cyprus

#20 Jul 20, 2012
"blackadder"
Here's a lead for you.

----------

Freeloaders? You are right here. We may be the only people in this "Cyprus Forum" that receive nothing for posting our opinion. We have no point system and no checks in the mail. No money you see.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Farmagusta, Cyprus Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Armenian President In Cyprus Tomorrow Apr '16 lumumba boys 2
News Isolated north Cyprus counts on Turkey for econ... (Apr '15) Aug '15 SpaceBlues 33
News 'We may never have such a chance again' (Aug '15) Aug '15 Conner 1
News Footballer stands by move north (Jan '15) Mar '15 greek 6
News Ancient Capital Unearthed in Cyprus (Jan '15) Jan '15 Mkz6 1
News Cyprus named world's 6th most militarized nation (Jan '15) Jan '15 Altai 9
News British widow's house-sale money locked up in C... (Apr '13) Oct '14 cyprusgirl 22
More from around the web