Turkey calls for end of Turkish Cypri...

Turkey calls for end of Turkish Cypriot embargo

There are 47 comments on the Today's Zaman story from May 21, 2010, titled Turkey calls for end of Turkish Cypriot embargo. In it, Today's Zaman reports that:

The Turkish foreign minister says Turkey will open its ports to ships and planes from Cyprus if a trade embargo on the breakaway Turkish Cypriots is lifted in return.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Today's Zaman.

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
eokanator

Miami, FL

#55 May 23, 2010
Tc Traveller wrote:
<quoted text>
yep i agree you are totally f@@@@@@@@cked up
thanks i love it

“Long Live TRNC”

Since: Nov 07

around the corner

#56 May 23, 2010
lapithos wrote:
I urge this Parliament to call on Turkey to cooperate with the UN Committee on Missing Persons by providing its records and by opening two recently designated plots in Lapithos, called ‘restricted military areas’, where another 800 prisoners are believed to be buried.
yes i would agree with you

you know lapithos we are a great beleiver that there is a lot of greeks buried in the south these greeks was killed in the troubles before the turks arrived

there are witnesses that saw truck loads of dead being driven out of nicosia

“Long Live TRNC”

Since: Nov 07

around the corner

#57 May 23, 2010
TCs friend wrote:
<quoted text>
The most brutal part of the invasion started on 14 August 1974 after the Turkish troops had been on Cyprus for a few weeks.
i would also agree on this because they found a commander with his privates cut and stuck in his mouth hanging from the tree from there on i think there was no mercy

Since: May 10

Location hidden

#58 May 23, 2010
Tc Traveller wrote:
<quoted text>
also the bayrak radio was telling everybody that this was a peace operation and not to fire against the soldiers
Its only common sense re TC, that if these warnings happened prior the invasion, then the National guard would have fortified their defences.

Civilians caught in the conflict would of had time to evacuate especially the women and children.

Most of the population of Lapithos was trapped in the conflict because they were surrounded by Turkish forces.
EOKANATOR

Miami, FL

#60 May 23, 2010
lapithos wrote:
The story i know is Karavas and Lapithos villages were defended by 74 soldiers of the Karavas 256 Infantry Regiment of the Cyprus National Guard and with light infantry weapons mainly Mauser 1899. The Turks, after surrounding both Lapithos and Karavas from 3 sides, attacked the morning of Tuesday August 6 1974 deploying full force of their 28th division. This division consisted of the 61st, and 23rd infantry regiments, a commando regiment, an amphibious commando regiment, a tank unit of 30 tanks +3 tanks from the 39th division, 2 artillery units of 105mm and 7,5/18 cannons, and of course the Navy that was bombarding the two villages from the sea.
and kerynia by the 251 infantry regiment that was captured and send to turkey as prisoners . i was at the ledra palace in nicosia when they return ,my father was one of those soldiers of the 251 infantry regiment.I WILL NEVER FORGET
John

Nicosia, Cyprus

#61 May 28, 2010
Leyla wrote:
<quoted text>
We have been waiting 36 years for the world to:
1. Prosecute the greeks who organised the military coup of 1974.
2. Prosecute the greeks who tried to assasinate Archbishop Makarios, the President of Cyprus.
3. Prosecute the greeks who attacked anyone (including greek cypriots) that would not support their violent Enosis.
And while we are at it, when will the Republic of Cyprus return the Turkish Cypriot properties in the South; in Larnca, Limassol, in Phapos?
When will the world call to account the architects of the Akritas Plan (the greek plan to exterminate Turkish Cypriots)?
The greek mentality about Cyprus is sickening.
The greeks were the aggressors; the victim was Cyprus, both greek Cypriot and Turkish Cypriot.
Now why do you wish to prolong the suffering of innocent Turkish Cypriots? 36 years is enough.
If ths is your attitude, then please stay far away in the USA.
1. The Greeks who organised the coup are no longer committing crimes against Cypriots like Turkey does daily.

2. The Greeks who tried to assasinate Makarios are no longer committing crimes in Cyprus like Turkey does daily.

3. The violent Greeks who supported enosis should be punished along with the violent Turks who supported Taksim. The Turks fought hard and were armed heavily and achieved Taksim finally.

4. The Turkish Cypriot properties in the South are being protected unlike the Greek Cypriot properties in the north that have been stolen and sold illegally. Imagine if TC's wwere given their land back and Turkey just held onto GC land and never gave it back? That would be very unfair.

5. Turkish Cypriots are no longer suffering. They have rights and citizenship in both the north and the south. Something that the Greek Cypriots do not have.

Its time for Turkey to stop committing crimes in Cyprus and to allow peace.
John

Nicosia, Cyprus

#62 May 28, 2010
Emir Soler wrote:
<quoted text>
'
You should have told Nikos Samson and Greek Junta not to send out invitation.
As long as Greek Cypriots desire was an Enosis, outcome was always going to be a WAR.
Cyprus is not Greek, never been part of Greece. Small population of Turkish Cypriots got every right to have self determination.
Did the 80% Greek majority have a right to self determination too?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Farmagusta, Cyprus Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Armenian President In Cyprus Tomorrow Apr '16 lumumba boys 2
News Isolated north Cyprus counts on Turkey for econ... (Apr '15) Aug '15 SpaceBlues 33
News 'We may never have such a chance again' (Aug '15) Aug '15 Conner 1
News Footballer stands by move north (Jan '15) Mar '15 greek 6
News Ancient Capital Unearthed in Cyprus (Jan '15) Jan '15 Mkz6 1
News Cyprus named world's 6th most militarized nation (Jan '15) Jan '15 Altai 9
News British widow's house-sale money locked up in C... (Apr '13) Oct '14 cyprusgirl 22
More from around the web