Turkey's Piri Reis vessel is OK, says...

Turkey's Piri Reis vessel is OK, says official

There are 5 comments on the Turkish Daily News story from Oct 13, 2011, titled Turkey's Piri Reis vessel is OK, says official. In it, Turkish Daily News reports that:

While Turkey denies claims that the engine of the Piri Reis, a vessel searching for energy in the eastern Med, has broken down, Greek Cyprus is preparing for a second hydrocarbon licensing round in its exclusive economic zone A Turkish vessel continued a renewed round of gas exploration in the eastern Mediterranean yesterday, a Turkish official ... (more)

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Turkish Daily News.

Akritas

London, UK

#1 Oct 13, 2011
Damn

For a while I was really hoping it might sink & the crew would get eaten by Sharks.

Oh well...there's always tomorrow..
TAKE IT EASY

Collierville, TN

#2 Oct 13, 2011
Akritas wrote:
Damn
For a while I was really hoping it might sink & the crew would get eaten by Sharks.
,,,,,,TAKE IT EASY on Piri the Greek jannisary he had convert and work for the turks,,,,,,,, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Piri_Reis
Midnight Express

London, UK

#3 Oct 15, 2011
Sharks have been spotted following it..
Dervis Eroglu

Turkey

#4 Oct 16, 2011
Akritas wrote:
Damn
Barbarian

Those tomorrows that you people are sooooooo hoping and waiting for, never arrive.
500 years for constantinople , 38 years for Cyprus which after 500 years some T/Cs will be posting the same post as i have done for Cyprus,
Richard Bargeshdian

Limassol, Cyprus

#5 Oct 16, 2011
Akritas wrote:
Damn
For starters refrain from using foul or vulgar language.
The fishing trawler Piri Reis I suspect is in the wrong location as there are no blue fin tuna or red mullet along their search route. And if they are out for whales let them get help from the Japanese whalers to see if there are whales around Cyprus.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Famagusta, Cyprus Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Isolated north Cyprus counts on Turkey for econ... Apr '15 greek 26
Is online betting allowed in North Cyprus? Mar '15 Harry 1
News Footballer stands by move north Mar '15 greek 6
Is Cyprus forum topix discontinued ?. Feb '15 Monogamy 1
News Ancient Capital Unearthed in Cyprus Jan '15 Mkz6 1
News Cyprus named world's 6th most militarized nation Jan '15 Altai 9
News British widow's house-sale money locked up in C... (Apr '13) Oct '14 cyprusgirl 22
More from around the web