Turkey calls for end of Turkish Cypriot embargo

May 21, 2010 Full story: Today's Zaman 47

The Turkish foreign minister says Turkey will open its ports to ships and planes from Cyprus if a trade embargo on the breakaway Turkish Cypriots is lifted in return.

Full Story
First Prev
of 3
Next Last
greek

Union, NJ

#1 May 21, 2010
Let them remove their 40,000 criminals on the Island and let the refugees back to their homes and properties as the whole world has been telling them for the past 36 years first
Leyla

Aydogan, Turkey

#3 May 21, 2010
greek wrote:
Let them remove their 40,000 criminals on the Island and let the refugees back to their homes and properties as the whole world has been telling them for the past 36 years first
We have been waiting 36 years for the world to:

1. Prosecute the greeks who organised the military coup of 1974.

2. Prosecute the greeks who tried to assasinate Archbishop Makarios, the President of Cyprus.

3. Prosecute the greeks who attacked anyone (including greek cypriots) that would not support their violent Enosis.

And while we are at it, when will the Republic of Cyprus return the Turkish Cypriot properties in the South; in Larnca, Limassol, in Phapos?

When will the world call to account the architects of the Akritas Plan (the greek plan to exterminate Turkish Cypriots)?

The greek mentality about Cyprus is sickening.

The greeks were the aggressors; the victim was Cyprus, both greek Cypriot and Turkish Cypriot.

Now why do you wish to prolong the suffering of innocent Turkish Cypriots? 36 years is enough.

If ths is your attitude, then please stay far away in the USA.

Since: Dec 09

Location hidden

#4 May 21, 2010
greek wrote:
'
You should have told Nikos Samson and Greek Junta not to send out invitation.
As long as Greek Cypriots desire was an Enosis, outcome was always going to be a WAR.
Cyprus is not Greek, never been part of Greece. Small population of Turkish Cypriots got every right to have self determination.

Since: May 10

Location hidden

#5 May 21, 2010
Emir Soler wrote:
<quoted text>
'
You should have told Nikos Samson and Greek Junta not to send out invitation.
As long as Greek Cypriots desire was an Enosis, outcome was always going to be a WAR.
Cyprus is not Greek, never been part of Greece. Small population of Turkish Cypriots got every right to have self determination.
Re Emir, do you consider North Cyprus part of Turkey?
selam alleykum brothers

Brunswick West, Australia

#6 May 21, 2010
Leyla wrote:
<quoted text>
2. Prosecute the greeks who tried to assasinate Archbishop Makarios, the President of Cyprus.
3. Prosecute the greeks who attacked anyone (including greek cypriots) that would not support their violent Enosis.
And while we are at it, when will the Republic of Cyprus return the Turkish Cypriot properties in the South; in Larnca, Limassol, in Phapos?
When will the world call to account the architects of the Akritas Plan (the greek plan to exterminate Turkish Cypriots)?
The greeks were the aggressors; the victim was Cyprus, both greek Cypriot and Turkish Cypriot.
Now why do you wish to prolong the suffering of innocent Turkish Cypriots? 36 years is enough.
oh my god im in luv ,your words melt me ,guys ,guys here a chick ahmm a lady that im claiming as mine ,she's intelligent ,brave speaks/writes , facts and which i completely agree with.

Location hidden

#9 May 22, 2010
lapithos wrote:
<quoted text>Re Emir, do you consider North Cyprus part of Turkey?
North Cyprus is not part of Turkey.
All we Turkish Cypriots want is to live in peace, without any fear.
Greeks want all Cyprus to themself.
Cyprus is not a Greek, Greeks never owned Cyprus, Cyprus never been part of Greece, and it will never be a Greek Island in Med. Simple.

Location hidden

#10 May 22, 2010
GreekAustralian wrote:
<quoted text>
NO!!! You wanted TAXIM...Now you have it...You don't want to live with us, you don't want to run the ROC with us as our brothers...What you want is a mini Turkey in Cyprus!!! Like I said, Now you have what you wanted!! Don't cry to the world about isolation...It was Turkey in 1974 that destroyed us...remember that!!
'
"It was Turkey in 1974 that destroyed us...remember that!!"
What a bullshit, Cyprus the history 1963 1974 and come and make a comment.
I am afraid, Greek Orthodox Church removed all Cyprus history, 1963 to 1974 from history books.

Since: May 10

Location hidden

#11 May 22, 2010
Leyla wrote:
<quoted text>
And then your heroes came and "liberated" the TCs from extermination.. Is that how your book ends..

"peace operation" with a few hiccups ofcourse which includes 6000 GCs dead over 1600 missing 200,000 forced to leave the north and i wont go into the atrocities of rape and tortue....

Do you guys want the Noble peace prize as well!!!!!

Location hidden

#12 May 22, 2010
lapithos wrote:
<quoted text>And then your heroes came and "liberated" the TCs from extermination.. Is that how your book ends..
"peace operation" with a few hiccups ofcourse which includes 6000 GCs dead over 1600 missing 200,000 forced to leave the north and i wont go into the atrocities of rape and tortue....
Do you guys want the Noble peace prize as well!!!!!
'
Why not, Turkey did save the extermination of minority Turkish Cypriots,
From the National and Eoka THUGS for the name of Enosis
FACTS

Bradford, UK

#13 May 22, 2010
Emir Soler wrote:
<quoted text>
'
Why not, Turkey did save the extermination of minority Turkish Cypriots,
From the National and Eoka THUGS for the name of Enosis
YOU started the conflict in 1958. STOP saying it was started in 1963. It started in 1958 by YOU TCs.

http://hansard.millbanksystems.com/commons/19...

Even Dr Kucuk was LYING that "thousands of TCs were killed by EOKA" in 1958:

http://hansard.millbanksystems.com/commons/19...

You, Emir Soler, believe the lies of the Turkish propaganda websites, like Blackadder does, and you come here to LIE, like Dr Kucuk used to do, that "thousands of TCs" were murdered by GCs.
FACTS

Bradford, UK

#14 May 22, 2010
TCs STARTED the conflict between GCs and TCs.

'FOUR GCs DIE IN TURKISH MOB VIOLENCE'

http://www.postimage.org/image.php...
FACTS

Bradford, UK

#15 May 22, 2010
FACTS wrote:
TCs STARTED the conflict between GCs and TCs.
'FOUR GCs DIE IN TURKISH MOB VIOLENCE'

http://www.postimage.org/image.php...
And here is how it started, as reported in the above article's link, in accordance with the 1950 Menderes Plan (Turkish PM Menderes) to return Cyprus to Turkey after the British left. TCs STARTED TO KILL GCs FIRST:

In June 1958 the British Prime Minister Harold Macmillan was expected to proposed a plan to resolve the Cyprus issue. In light of the new development the Turks created fierce riots in Nicosia aiming to promote the idea that Greeks and Turks could not live together and therefore any plan that would promote that would not be viable, instead partition would be the only viable solution. This violence soon to be followed by bombing, Greek Cypriots deaths and looting of Greek owned stores and houses resulted in Greeks and Turks started to evade mixed populated villages that the respective were a minority in search of safety. This was effectively the beginning of segregation of the two communities.[8]. On the 7th of June 1958 a bomb exploded at the entrance of the Turkish Embassy in Cyprus. Following the bombing Turkish Cypriots looted Greek Cypriot properties. On June 26 1984 the then Turkish Cypriot Leader, Rauf Denktash, admitted on British channel ITV that the bomb was placed by the Turks themselves in order to create tension.[9] On the 27th of January 1958 riots by Turkish Cypriots forced the British Colonial soldiers to open fire against the Turkish crowd, and for the first time intervene against the atrocities. The events continued until the next day. During the events Arif Tahsin met Rauf Denktash and asked: "For God sake give the order for the killings to stop". Denktash replied : "These killings are useful, with these our voices will be heard"[10] By 1958 signs of dissatisfaction with the British increased on both sides, with Turkish Cypriots now forming Volkan, later known as the TMT paramilitary group as a means of promoting partition and the annexation of Cyprus to Turkey as dictated by the Menteres plan.
Armenian hater

Dudley, UK

#17 May 22, 2010
Turkey bumper wrote:
Turks have a hitorical right to the Gobi Desert and Altay Mountains. Not Cyprus, not Anatolia not Europe.
They are invaders, genociders and aggressive $hits. China built the great wall to keep these bastards out and they moved west.
Que?
greek

Linden, NJ

#18 May 22, 2010
Leyla wrote:
<quoted text>
All these Greeks that you want prosecuted have been dead for some time now.Do you want me to dig them up?
eokanator

Miami, FL

#20 May 22, 2010
greek wrote:
<quoted text>All these Greeks that you want prosecuted have been dead for some time now.Do you want me to dig them up?
not only dead , they also served life in prison

“Long Live TRNC”

Since: Nov 07

around the corner

#21 May 22, 2010
GreekAustralian wrote:
<quoted text>
When we waged a war against the Brits for independence, where were you? Please don't bring my releigion into this debate, as I have more repect than that!!
Turkey pounced on an innocent, unarmed, much smaller country...Those are the facts!!! Don't believe me? Look at Cyprus today!! 37% OCCUPIED....The rest is FREE!!!!
if you are free you should thank the turks otherwise life would of been different for you

Turkey in 1974 came as a peace operation the posted papers in the sky that you shouldnt fight them and that they are coming in peace

but them eoka boys didnt listen those are the 6000 you say got killed

37% of cyprus is also free they can travel wherever they want how can they be occupied?

they buy sell eat drink

them Turkish beleive you me live a better life trhan you and me put together
Democracy United States

United States

#22 May 22, 2010
Leyla wrote:
<quoted text>
May 1,2 and 3 live long and prosper! Hail to our heroes! Zito!
greek

Linden, NJ

#24 May 23, 2010
Tc Traveller wrote:
<quoted text>
if you are free you should thank the turks otherwise life would of been different for you
Turkey in 1974 came as a peace operation the posted papers in the sky that you shouldnt fight them and that they are coming in peace
but them eoka boys didnt listen those are the 6000 you say got killed
37% of cyprus is also free they can travel wherever they want how can they be occupied?
they buy sell eat drink
them Turkish beleive you me live a better life trhan you and me put together
your peace operation 74,with High Tech NATO weapons such as napalm, resulted in the seizure of between 80-90 per cent of the
resources of the entire country,It is not free to me when I have to pay border guards the equivalent 40 Euros to see what was left to my home and property

“Long Live TRNC”

around the corner

#25 May 23, 2010
GreekAustralian wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah!!! 6000 EOKA were killed!! Including women, children plus hundreds of reported cases of rapes and other violations!!
TC...I was in the north last september...Everyone told me the same story...Life there got better in 2004 when WE opened the gates!!
The land IS occupied..don't take the word of a Greek!!! Speak to the UN..The regime in Cyprus is illegal!!! But that is Turkey's answer to everything...force!!! It's no wonder they aren't allowed into the EU with such strong objections from France and Germany!!
I'm just shocked at you, a Turkish-Cypriot, condoning Turkey's uninvited intrusion into our(you and me) country, the desecration of our ancestral lands and the continued denial of basic human rights...Remember mate, you are a Cypriot first...
you are not a stupid boy re greek
france and germanys agenda is different what germany didnt achieve with hitler they are now doing with EU controlling the whole of europe if Turkey comes in they wouldnt be able to do this and this is what they are scared of

and to be honest i dont blame them

“Long Live TRNC”

around the corner

#26 May 23, 2010
greekaustralian i respect your opinion

but i am a Turkish Cypriot and not a greek
cypriot
you are telling i should support greeks over Turks??? i dont think so

especially upto a few years ago you had eoka men in your government and still have

your tassos had blood on his hand like no business and you think i should support these Guys???
g

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Famagusta, Cyprus Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Footballer stands by move north Jan 23 greek 2
Cyprus named world's 6th most militarized nation Jan 3 Altai 9
British widow's house-sale money locked up in C... (Apr '13) Oct '14 cyprusgirl 22
The Armenian Genocide and Cyprus (Jun '11) Oct '14 NeoCy 45
October 7, 1571. The Battle of Lepanto. Christe... Oct '14 Nick the Greek 1
Hurt by division, Cyprus's Othello Tower gets n... (Jul '14) Jul '14 Armenian Genocide... 2
Cyprus eyes more natgas drilling, funds to boos... (Jul '14) Jul '14 Armenian Genocide... 1
More from around the web

NFL Latest News

Updated 7:25 am PST