Cuba: The Selling of a Nation

Cuba: The Selling of a Nation

There are 4 comments on the Real Clear Politics story from Feb 4, 2014, titled Cuba: The Selling of a Nation. In it, Real Clear Politics reports that:

I first heard the concept from a European diplomat who had lived in Cuba. It has since spread.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Real Clear Politics.

Chris Kyle

Newton, NJ

#1 Feb 4, 2014
Lo que los castros le ha hecho a Cuba no tiene perdon.
Chris Kyle

Newton, NJ

#2 Feb 4, 2014
It's an uncomfortable designation but in line with the reality that circulates sotto voce among the Cubans on the island. The government has specialized in the extortion of its own citizens. Fifty-five years after the dictatorship was imposed, almost all the significant forms of income that sustain the country come from shady deals made abroad.
----------
Star

Toronto, Canada

#3 Feb 18, 2014
DaveNY

Summit, NJ

#4 Feb 18, 2014
Chris Kyle wrote:
It's an uncomfortable designation but in line with the reality that circulates sotto voce among the Cubans on the island. The government has specialized in the extortion of its own citizens. Fifty-five years after the dictatorship was imposed, almost all the significant forms of income that sustain the country come from shady deals made abroad.
----------
correct

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Havana, Cuba Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Why American Researchers Want To Use Cuba's Can... (May '15) Jul 21 WE JUST DONT CARE 30
News Papa Hemingway in Cuba' a warts-and-all look at... Jul 20 Crusader 16
News Cubans fleeing in high numbers despite new dipl... Jul 20 Crusader 13
News US reportedly may abstain from UN vote condemni... (Sep '15) Jul 20 Crusader 9
News Holding the left responsible (Sep '15) Jul 20 Crusader 4
News Gloria Estefan leads Miami march for Cuban diss... (Mar '10) Jul 15 WE JUST DONT CARE 303
News Cuba remains set in its ways (Apr '15) Jul 14 WE JUST DONT CARE 36
More from around the web