Hollywood returns to Havana after 52 ...

Hollywood returns to Havana after 52 years

There are 10 comments on the Charleston Daily Mail story from May 11, 2014, titled Hollywood returns to Havana after 52 years. In it, Charleston Daily Mail reports that:

Rebels allied with a young Fidel Castro burst into the street outside Havana's Government Palace as soldiers loyal to strongman Fulgencio Batista rain gunfire from above.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Charleston Daily Mail.

DaveNY

Hollywood, FL

#1 May 12, 2014
This looks like an interesting movie .
I can't wait till it is completed .

Since it portrays Batista as the corrupt thug which he was , I imagine my dearest friends WJDC and Liger will not watch it .

HAVANA — Rebels allied with a young Fidel Castro burst into the street outside Havana’s Government Palace as soldiers loyal to strongman Fulgencio Batista rain gunfire from above. Steps away, Ernest Hemingway and a young journalist friend dive for cover behind a parked car. An international film crew in recent weeks has been re-enacting this and other historic scenes in the streets of Havana for “Papa,” a biopic about the budding friendship between Hemingway and the reporter in the turbulent Cuba of the 1950s. Years in the making, producers say it is the first full-length feature film with a Hollywood director and actors to be shot in the country since the 1959 revolution -

http://www.charlestondailymail.com/article/20...
Jim Flemington

Newton, NJ

#2 May 12, 2014
the above was posted by the venezuelan gay mojon
Gigi Il Amoroso

Newton, NJ

#3 May 12, 2014
Papa Hemingway suffered a deep depression as a consequence of the communist take over of Cuba. He regretted not telling Castro off and being friendly an diplomatic with the bastardo, which he was literally, born of an unwed mother.
DaveNY

Plainfield, NJ

#5 May 12, 2014
Gigi Il Amoroso wrote:
Papa Hemingway suffered a deep depression as a consequence of the communist take over of Cuba. He regretted not telling Castro off and being friendly an diplomatic with the bastardo, which he was literally, born of an unwed mother.
correct
USaWorld bully War monger

United States

#6 May 12, 2014
Hollywood HELLyWood satanic entity!:)
Faith

New Baltimore, MI

#7 May 12, 2014
The USA should invade Cuba. It would take like twelve guys with pistols. We could make it a "commonwealth".... like Puerto Rico and give it back to the Mafia so it can be civilized again.
Cuban exile

Hollywood, FL

#8 May 13, 2014
Faith wrote:
The USA should invade Cuba. It would take like twelve guys with pistols. We could make it a "commonwealth".... like Puerto Rico and give it back to the Mafia so it can be civilized again.
Si the MAFIA es muy buena , Only time Habana run correctly is with Italian MAFIA . They run big business with mucho mas honesty than Cubanos.

MANY if not ALL Cubans from other states who have moved here , They say that if the MAFIA ran MI-AMI instead of Mi-AMI Cuban politicos , we have less stealing, city run better and we might for once have a real police dept.

Lol they prefer Italian MAFIA over our Cuba libre politicos ,

When Cuba "liberated" from the corrupt Castro's and replaced with corrupt MI-AMI politicos y city oficiales I invite u as mi guest .

"Even the most jaded Miami residents were amazed at the extent of his alleged corruption"

http://www.miaminewtimes.com/related/to/Polit...
Cuban exile

Hollywood, FL

#9 May 13, 2014
Gigi Il Amoroso wrote:
Anglo they too suffer mucho depression since we take over MI-AMI .

They say that REGARDLESS of politico party , We killed honesty, integrity and the city being run correctly since our politicos and policia took over . Lol those Anglo they just racist against us exiles. Most have fled .

You are a Cuba libre like me , I love you mucho .

"Cuban-Americans have “perfected [corruption in government] in many ways to a fine art.” That is not correct, however, because if corruption is done that well, it is unnoticed and subtle. Corruption in Miami’s Cuban-American government has been crude, blatant and openly defiant."

http://www.popularsovranty.org/mdc.shtml
Cherokee

Newton, NJ

#10 May 13, 2014
Cuban exile wrote:
<quoted text>
Anglo they too suffer mucho depression since we take over MI-AMI .
They say that REGARDLESS of politico party , We killed honesty, integrity and the city being run correctly since our politicos and policia took over . Lol those Anglo they just racist against us exiles. Most have fled .
You are a Cuba libre like me , I love you mucho .
"Cuban-Americans have “perfected [corruption in government] in many ways to a fine art.” That is not correct, however, because if corruption is done that well, it is unnoticed and subtle. Corruption in Miami’s Cuban-American government has been crude, blatant and openly defiant."
http://www.popularsovranty.org/mdc.shtml
Pero miren quien anda por aqui... nada menos que el mojon sin pipi!
pobrecito el mojoncito!
yep

Hamilton, Canada

#11 May 13, 2014
Hollywood has always been in love with communists.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Havana, Cuba Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News From the desk of... Fidel Castro and dead utopi... 5 hr Josh Mountaineer 1
News Kathleen Parker: No tears for Fidel Thu Josh Mountaineer 3
News Fidel Castro dead at 90: The charismatic icon's... Thu Josh Mountaineer 13
News Castro calls it quits - Berkshire Eagle Online (Feb '08) Nov 29 Josh Mountaineer 17
News Benicio Del Toro Is Making A Movie About The Cu... (Apr '16) Nov 29 Josh Mountaineer 10
Ha, ha, Fidel is dead Nov 25 LIGER 1
Murio al fin el monstruo Nov 25 LIGER 1
More from around the web