Cuba timeline

Cuba timeline

There are 8 comments on the BBC story from May 28, 2010, titled Cuba timeline. In it, BBC reports that:

A chronology of key events 1492 - The navigator Christopher Columbus claims Cuba for Spain.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at BBC.

Gitano

Miami, FL

#1 May 29, 2010
Yes Cuba was claimed for Spain and Miami is claimed for Cuba .

Though Cuban politicians in Cuba might be less politically corrupt than the Miami Cuban political "Cosa Nostra".

“HURT ME & MAKE ME STRONGER!”

Since: Nov 08

Where Freedom Dwells!

#2 May 30, 2010
2006 July - President Fidel Castro undergoes gastric surgery and temporarily hands over control of the government to his brother, Raul.

2006 December - Fidel Castro's failure to appear at a parade to mark the 50th anniversary of his return to Cuba from exile prompts renewed speculation about his future
DING DONG! THE WITCH IS D E A D !
DANGEROUS CUBA

Florence, SC

#3 May 30, 2010
Past time to throw the garbage out. Fidel Hitler and Raul Hitler must be prosecuted for their crimes. www.therealcuba.com www.babalublog.com
Gitano

Miami, FL

#4 May 30, 2010
DANGEROUS CUBA wrote:
Past time to throw the garbage out. Fidel Hitler and Raul Hitler must be prosecuted for their crimes. www.therealcuba.com www.babalublog.com
We are all waiting for the Miami calle ocho Cubans to throw them out pfffft. 50 PLUS yrs and we are still waiting .

Granted they will simply replace corrupt communist with corrupt fascist much like they have done in Miami.

Where Freedom Dwells!

#5 May 31, 2010
Boy, he must have been something......... PRESIDENT KENNEDY ONCE SAID THAT A DINNER FOR NOBEL LAUREATES WAS THE GREATEST CONCENTRATION OF BRAIN POWER EVER GATHERED AT THE WHITE HOUSE, EXCEPT WHEN THOMAS JEFFERSON DINED ALONE.

one of the most brilliant men ever!
Obviously, he was a man ahead of his time.
HOW DID JEFFERSON KNOW?
Especially: Read the last quote from 1802.

When we get piled
upon one another in large cities, as in Europe,
we shall become as corrupt as Europe ..
Thomas Jefferson

The democracy will cease to exist
when you take away from those
who are willing to work and give to those who would not.
Thomas Jefferson

It is incumbent on every
generation to pay its own debts as it goes.
A principle which if acted on would save
one-half the wars of the world.
Thomas Jefferson

I predict future happiness for
Americans if they can prevent the government
from wasting the labors of the people under the
pretense of taking care of them.
Thomas Jefferson

My reading of history convinces me
that most bad government results from too much
government.
Thomas Jefferson

No free man shall ever be debarred
the use of arms.
Thomas Jefferson

The strongest reason for the
people to retain the right to keep and bear arms
is, as a last resort, to protect themselves
against tyranny in government.
Thomas Jefferson

The tree of liberty must be
refreshed from time to time with the blood of
patriots and tyrants.
Thomas Jefferson

To compel a man to subsidize with
his taxes the propagation of ideas which he
disbelieves and abhors is sinful and tyrannical.
Thomas Jefferson

Thomas Jefferson said in 1802:
'I believe that
banking institutions are more dangerous to
our liberties than standing armies.
If the American people ever allow
private banks to control the issue of their
currency, first by inflation, then by
deflation, the banks and corporations that will
grow up around the banks will deprive the people
of all property - until their children
wake-up homeless on the continent their fathers
conquered.'

//////////

Where Freedom Dwells!

#6 May 31, 2010
Gitano wrote:
<quoted text>
We are all waiting for the Miami calle ocho Cubans to throw them out pfffft. 50 PLUS yrs and we are still waiting .
Granted they will simply replace corrupt communist with corrupt fascist much like they have done in Miami.
Both SUCK! But communists corrupt or not are worst than any fascist!
Gitano

Miami, FL

#7 May 31, 2010
LigerOmniPotentMaxx wrote:
<quoted text>
Both SUCK! But communists corrupt or not are worst than any fascist!
Open your eyes . Look at the unreal political CUBAN corruption in Miami. We can't even get it straight here you think we can in Cuba?

We are mierda without the federal gvm't CONSTANTLY having to step in and clean up our Miami Cuban political filth. How the hell do you think we can ever get it right in Cuba if we can not even do it in Miami.

We are the kings/queens of self serving , corrupt ,do nothing but empty speech politicians. Castro or these assorted Miami blood suckers without USA federal gvm't stepping in we still lose.

While back we had a new election in community I live in . The gitanos were removed and NON gitanos were elected (I had mucho to do with that).

Not only are things now going well but funds are accounted for .

Where Freedom Dwells!

#8 Jun 1, 2010
Gitano wrote:
<quoted text>
Open your eyes . Look at the unreal political CUBAN corruption in Miami. We can't even get it straight here you think we can in Cuba?
We are mierda without the federal gvm't CONSTANTLY having to step in and clean up our Miami Cuban political filth. How the hell do you think we can ever get it right in Cuba if we can not even do it in Miami.
We are the kings/queens of self serving , corrupt ,do nothing but empty speech politicians. Castro or these assorted Miami blood suckers without USA federal gvm't stepping in we still lose.
While back we had a new election in community I live in . The gitanos were removed and NON gitanos were elected (I had mucho to do with that).
Not only are things now going well but funds are accounted for .
MOJON!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Baracoa, Cuba Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Cuban bishop says news of papal visit brings 'h... (May '15) May '15 the AWSOME Cowboy 1
News Photographera s a Unseen Cubaa gives a rare vie... (Feb '15) Feb '15 Don Donnatello Va... 2
News Spense Havlick: Dispatches from Cuba (Jan '15) Jan '15 Gino 1
News Roberto Duran Premium Cigars to Introduce the R... (Jun '14) Jun '14 Buffalo Bill 1
News Four Cubans found slain in apparent bid to flee... (Jun '14) Jun '14 Don Doo Bee Doo D... 4
News Business buzz: Aug. 26 (Aug '13) Aug '13 BrigadierGeneralYork 4
News Questions on Cuban Snails? Take a Peek in Mr. C... (Mar '13) Mar '13 C R U S A D E R 3
More from around the web