High hopes for cricket this weekend at new Lauderhill stadium

May 21, 2008 Read more: South Florida Sun-Sentinel 79
With his international cricket tournament drawing near, Mahammad A. Qureshi is trying to meet a million demands. Read more
First Prev
of 4
Next Last
Mahat Macoat

United States

#1 May 21, 2008
I'd rather watch cricket than a Dolphins or Heat game! And if the Marlins were playing in my backyard, I would even open the curtains!
Dennis

Miami, FL

#2 May 21, 2008
whats the odds we have a shooting/disturbance or near riot at the park. I heard it was 78 million not 70 million. I wonder what we could have done with this tax money. I wonder how much the toilets costs, it sure didn't cost 250k each.
Maybe the commissioners who voted for this WASTE will go to the event and maybe they will get shoot to death. We can only pray for such miracles.
Broward Economics 101

Lake Worth, FL

#3 May 22, 2008
The anticipation of this event is just too intense.
Cricket AND bunkekab? Be still, my heart!
Throw in some ox tail and Ras Mala and you start to understand what a bargain a 70 million dollar cricket stadium, the ONLY one in the USA, is in the hood. Such a BARGAIN!
Thank you, Broward County Commissioners for your international wisdom and insight. It is goos to see you know how to make the hard choices on spending tax dollars in a way that will benefit the most Broward County residents. You know how crazy we all are to have another opportunity to enjoy ox tail!
Random Sample

United States

#5 May 22, 2008
Finally!
I will be there with friends and family in tow. I have friends arriving today from LA to attend.

If the nay sayers stay home to throw their empty Bud cans at their TVs and watch Andy Grifith reruns, it should be a great event.
Reb

Pompano Beach, FL

#8 May 22, 2008
Sounds like every wog in the state will be here. When ESPN gets interested in CRICKET, the end is near.
dirty harrys cousin

Ocklawaha, FL

#9 May 22, 2008
Broward Economics 101 wrote:
Throw in some ox tail and Ras Mala and you start to understand what a bargain a 70 million dollar cricket stadium, the ONLY one in the USA, is in the hood. Such a BARGAIN!
Thank you, Broward County Commissioners for your international wisdom and insight. It is goos to see you know how to make the hard choices on spending tax dollars in a way that will benefit the most Broward County residents. You know how crazy we all are to have another opportunity to enjoy ox tail!
Actually oxtail is pretty good and the way the Heat and Dolphins are playing we might need another sport of interest around south florida
No Kidding

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#10 May 22, 2008
Wow, our $60M taxpayer-built cricket stadium is finally getting used. The revenues generated by the County should be enough to recoup the costs, right? Ha ha ha, after the cost of police coverage for the propblems this tournament generate, I don't think so.
Burgerman

United States

#12 May 22, 2008
I wonder if the INS will be in attendance. They could set a record for busts, if they wanted to, but then they never seem to want to.
Tom from Hollywood

AOL

#14 May 22, 2008
I hope that one of the tax "watchdog" groups monitors just how much County overtime is paid out and how much for the police protection. The county is sure to pull staff from other parks to staff the event and to clean up afterward.
flgregfl

United States

#16 May 22, 2008
How long will it be before the monitors disallow the typical RACIST comments that are on every post. these are the same cowards who would kiss someones A** before saying it to their face.
Country Bumpkin

Miami, FL

#17 May 22, 2008
Broward Economics 101 wrote:
Go back to school chump! It is not a cricket stadium - it is a multi-purpose stadium just like Dolphins stadium because it can host baseball, football, and soccer - but it is the only field large enough to accommodate cricket. If you are so food averse, you can still get hotdogs, burgers, and popcorn.
Terence

Miami, FL

#19 May 22, 2008
Where is the information on pricing? What time does it begin and end? Please do better next time.
ICE

Pompano Beach, FL

#20 May 22, 2008
So Fla Sucks wrote:
I'm so glad that we could afford to provide a place for the Paki's and Muhammed-types to come out and play in the ghetto. What a boon to the economy!!!
Wait! Did anyone tell these people that the haitian and jamaican gangs are planning their "Stickit Tournament" around the same time??? Yes! They hold a competition to see who can rob, knife and shoot the most visiting Paki's over the weekend! So much fun!
What's the over-under on the dead body count after the riot? Red Stripe.. Jamacians and guns...GREAT !
Terence

Miami, FL

#22 May 22, 2008
Wow. Reading all these comments really makes me understand why it is Americans are hated so much around the world. The lack of respect for other cultures is appauling. As a jamaian myself all i got to say now is suck unuh mumma.

“" Speak the Truth "”

Since: May 08

Town Near You

#25 May 22, 2008
Happy to see that all sports are being welcome in the States.
It is not only Baseball, Football and Hockey.
There are other sports that are played worldwide.
I do know it is hard for the Rednecks to comprehend that but try to swallow it slowly.
proud Jamaican

Key Biscayne, FL

#27 May 22, 2008
I think these daily articles are a way for certain persons to espouse their KKK views. Don't you know that hate causes physical and emotional illnesses. It takes so much much emotion to hate. I'd rather have love in my heart than hate, it is so liberating!!!!!!!!!!
What goes around

Miami, FL

#28 May 22, 2008
HEYRASTA wrote:
<quoted text>
Well get you butt back on the boat and get out. You were never invited.Jamaica has no respect for any other culture, and you have no respect for our culture. You want to turn South Florida into a sess pool like Jamaica is.Go back to your third world nation that you and other jamaicans have destroyed.
I and I taught it twas a turd world country.
PC This

United States

#29 May 22, 2008
proud Jamaican wrote:
I think these daily articles are a way for certain persons to espouse their KKK views. Don't you know that hate causes physical and emotional illnesses. It takes so much much emotion to hate. I'd rather have love in my heart than hate, it is so liberating!!!!!!!!!!
We Americans do have love- for America and Americans. We are just sick of you "proud" 3rd world slum dwellers comming here and trying to turn our country into a slum like the one you left. If your countries are so great and you are so proud of them then go back. We are Americans and we only have room and resources for Americans. While we do welcome immigrants, we only want those who want to become Americans- not hyphenated Americans. Got it?
Not a native American

Palo Alto, CA

#30 May 22, 2008
HEYRASTA wrote:
<quoted text>
Well get you butt back on the boat and get out. You were never invited.Jamaica has no respect for any other culture, and you have no respect for our culture. You want to turn South Florida into a sess pool like Jamaica is.Go back to your third world nation that you and other jamaicans have destroyed.
Are you a native American?? If not, imagine how your ancestors felt when they came to this country. Let's hope there weren't folks like you back then. If you don't like the way your SoFla is turning out, you can always move away like I did. If you don't want to move away, at least make an effort to embrace the good things that a multi cultural area can bring!! If you can't do that, then just ignore it!! Don't be ignorant, and please don't pass this attitude down to your children....
dirty harrys cousin

Ocklawaha, FL

#31 May 22, 2008
Terence wrote:
Wow. Reading all these comments really makes me understand why it is Americans are hated so much around the world. The lack of respect for other cultures is appauling. As a jamaian myself all i got to say now is suck unuh mumma.
smoke a spliff and play in traffic

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Zimbabwe Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Taylor apologises to Mooney Mar '15 oh come on 1
News Whatmore could exploit Pakistan's weak areas: R... Feb '15 NITiN 1
News World Cup 2015: Pakistan win toss, elect to bat... Feb '15 NITiN 1
News Ton-up Root stars, Pakistan seek Zimbabwe boost... Feb '15 NITiN 1
News Misbah to Pakistan: not time to panic at World Cup Feb '15 NITiN 1
News Pakistan cricket will emerge stronger than ever... (Apr '13) Feb '15 Anonymous Too 2
News ODI Series 2013 Match 3 Preview: India vs Zimba... (Jul '13) Jul '13 kky 1
More from around the web