High hopes for cricket this weekend at new Lauderhill stadium

With his international cricket tournament drawing near, Mahammad A. Qureshi is trying to meet a million demands. Full Story
First Prev
of 4
Next Last
Untravelled

Boca Raton, FL

#82 May 22, 2008
I am so sick and tired of this Cricket thing.

Next thing you know these cricket types will bring in all these international teams from all over the British empire and force me to drink tea in the afternoon and speak proper English.

Our founding fathers played American Football, Hockey and Baseball and they were not British.

They were Americans and as such I don't want my child to go away to college and come home telling me that he is on the rugby team or played squash or some other silly game like tennis.

Finally, if my kid tells me he wants to travel or that he watched cricket match or even listened to one on the BBC radio, I will lose it.

Do you understand? I want him to be a NASCAR mechanic and work on good old American pushrod V-8s.

Wait a minute, you mean to tell me that the Japanese are racing in NASCAR now with Toyota.

What is this world coming too?
Ihateswoogies

Delray Beach, FL

#83 May 22, 2008
What be da over/under on shootings & break ins this weekend in da hill?Let's deport these illegals ja-make-coons and hate-shuns while it's still safe to shower at home!!!!!!!
Sticky Wicket

Boca Raton, FL

#84 May 22, 2008
This is a sticky wicket and has knocked everyone for 6.

I mean this has really bowled over the masses here.

Wait until some big cricket matches come and all the high and mighties from Broward will be out welcoming Lord So and So or Sir This and That while extolling the virtues of Broward County.

That will be some pitch!
100 percent FACT

Hialeah, FL

#86 May 22, 2008
Suckers wrote:
<quoted text>I totally agree with you.$78,000,000 for a cricket facility for foreigners who are here illegally.And citizens have to pay entry fees, with cut back hours in our county parks. Who is going to pay for the extra police needed for the fights? And is the county going to get stuck with the bill for the vandalism?
The Lauderhill Police, the busiest and almost lowest paid in the county, is so understaffed that they do not have any officers to work details at the park. There are not enough of them. Private security companies,(Wackenhut, Barton etc) will provide security.
The cost is picked up by the event promoter, NOT the TAXPAYER
Burgerman

United States

#87 May 22, 2008
Kenny wrote:
<quoted text>
What a incredible waste of money this park is. Will they have Islamo bomb throwing, Jamacian chicken chasing and Haitian tirew necklessing?
Do you care to share with us how you came to America legally or illegally? My guess is illegally. Did you come on a round trip ticket via Air Jamaica and never used the return portion? Now tell the truth. Bet you won't.
Burgerman

United States

#88 May 22, 2008
Will PETA protest the Cricket match? Sacrificing insects in the name of sport is inhumane.
Red

AOL

#89 May 22, 2008
The County Commission, all 9 of them, Democrats, have failed the constituents of Broward County. How many more times are idiots like these going to get elected because they have a 'D' next to their name. The stadium is part of a 200 MILLION dollar complex that has approximately 11 people utilizing it daily. Drive by it at 1:00pm any day and see the tumbleweeds!!.
Absolute Idiots!!!
Festival

Hollywood, FL

#90 May 22, 2008
Finally a game with no sissy time outs like the rest. No play calling! Players playing a game.

refreshing
Big Guy

United States

#93 May 22, 2008
flgregfl wrote:
How long will it be before the monitors disallow the typical RACIST comments that are on every post. these are the same cowards who would kiss someones A** before saying it to their face.
you, know I'm tired of paying taxes to be wasted. and this is a BIG waste of money, and as far as saying it to someone face, I call a spade a spade, and I dont care what color or where you came from if your a man your a man, and trash is trash!
and it woulden't be a kiss I'd lay on your ass.
Suckers

Key Biscayne, FL

#94 May 22, 2008
100 percent FACT wrote:
<quoted text>
The Lauderhill Police, the busiest and almost lowest paid in the county, is so understaffed that they do not have any officers to work details at the park. There are not enough of them. Private security companies,(Wackenhut, Barton etc) will provide security.
The cost is picked up by the event promoter, NOT the TAXPAYER
Where do you get your fact? Private rent a cops, are not going to break up fights, and make arrests. Broward County cops will. And at taxpayer expense. And Broward county EMT's will be stationed to provide first aid for all the victims. At taxpayer expense.
lab-rat 5th Gen looser

Hollywood, FL

#95 May 26, 2008
You people are crazy, first of living in south Florida does not give you or your family any special privilege here, second if you were successful in your 5 generations of living here you would own everything in south Florida you would need and would not be bothered about cricket, you make all Americans ashamed, you should think about the 1 billion a month war instead of 70 million for sport.
but then you sound like a 5th generation dead beat, you south Florida 5 generation looser.
go back to the swamp you god dam hick, you could not develop Florida in your 5 generations, so go back to where you came from, and leave Florida to the wild life.
Don't worry you will still get your food stamps and hud looser.
Yes I am native American Indian, and we feel the same way about you! looser
grow up

Hollywood, FL

#96 May 26, 2008
flgregisgayfl wrote:
<quoted text>
Well Billy Bad a$$ just because a fact insults someone doesn't make it a racist statement. This is why your boy Hussein Obama will not win. Way to PC.
FACTS.
1 70 million dollars spent on this is a crime
2 That area is crime infested
3 The illegals will be there in force
Show up there and I'll say it to you and any other thug.
Grow up looser!
and 1 billion a month on war.
Get your facts Stright

Hollywood, FL

#97 May 26, 2008
Red wrote:
The County Commission, all 9 of them, Democrats, have failed the constituents of Broward County. How many more times are idiots like these going to get elected because they have a 'D' next to their name. The stadium is part of a 200 MILLION dollar complex that has approximately 11 people utilizing it daily. Drive by it at 1:00pm any day and see the tumbleweeds!!.
Absolute Idiots!!!
get facts stright,
there were over 20,000 users at the park this weekend to support cricket, they spent their money to enter the park and thousands were spent while they enjoyed the park and they made more revenue than another broward county park this weekend, How much revenue did the Markham Park made this weekend? none, because it cost more to run it than the money they make, Cricket is the 2nd largest viewed sport after soccer in the world.
Do you know how many people flew in from NY and other cities for this event? how much money was generated in airline tickets, hotel, car rentals, and local shops and restaurant.

If you can get 20000 people to visit Lauderhill for one event, what is the problem? You did not think of it lol.

The felicity will pay for itself with the support it has been getting for through the USA and worldwide, more than can be said about other broward county parks.

Also remember the same people that support cricket here in south Florida are the same people that support Broward and Miami Carnival ever year and has made it into the largest event to take place in Broward and Dade counties over the years.

The business in the Lauderhill community do not care for your comments, you don`t pay our rent for our business.
lab-rat

Pompano Beach, FL

#98 May 27, 2008
Fred wrote:
<quoted text>
Then you must be Native Indian(Seminole?)
Not at all. The fifth generation are my children.
dummy

United States

#100 May 27, 2008
ummm, Einstein.....ok, the park made money this week, and now it'll sit for another 8 months not generating revenue....?????how do you see this as profitable?

The money generated this weekend will not even cover the interest on the parks and rec's loan....
Get your facts Stright wrote:
<quoted text>
get facts stright,
there were over 20,000 users at the park this weekend to support cricket, they spent their money to enter the park and thousands were spent while they enjoyed the park and they made more revenue than another broward county park this weekend, How much revenue did the Markham Park made this weekend? none, because it cost more to run it than the money they make, Cricket is the 2nd largest viewed sport after soccer in the world.
Do you know how many people flew in from NY and other cities for this event? how much money was generated in airline tickets, hotel, car rentals, and local shops and restaurant.
If you can get 20000 people to visit Lauderhill for one event, what is the problem? You did not think of it lol.
The felicity will pay for itself with the support it has been getting for through the USA and worldwide, more than can be said about other broward county parks.
Also remember the same people that support cricket here in south Florida are the same people that support Broward and Miami Carnival ever year and has made it into the largest event to take place in Broward and Dade counties over the years.
The business in the Lauderhill community do not care for your comments, you don`t pay our rent for our business.
Jose Mourinho

Washington, DC

#101 May 27, 2008
Get your facts Stright wrote:
<quoted text>
get facts stright,
Valid points . You had me until you said "the felicity will pay for itself"..best laugh I've had all day..thanks
benefits everyone

Hollywood, FL

#102 May 30, 2008
dummy wrote:
ummm, Einstein.....ok, the park made money this week, and now it'll sit for another 8 months not generating revenue....?????how do you see this as profitable?
The money generated this weekend will not even cover the interest on the parks and rec's loan....
<quoted text>
Try to call the park and try to reserve for an event, its book until next year, call now!
Here is something else you can bother about that need attention now! and is a bigger problem than cricket. This is what America, Florida and Broward country are talking about now,
http://www.gaspriceprotest.com/view_all.php
benefits everyone

Hollywood, FL

#103 May 30, 2008
grow up wrote:
<quoted text>
Grow up looser!
and 1 billion a month on war.
You know what you are right let's have a big problem over the stadium that is built, open and running, bringing visitors to our county, helping the business in a community that need a upgrade and generating income. There are over 40 countries in the world that support and play cricket as their number one sport in the world, so I guess these American citizens that are from these countries and their generations of families that live here in Broward county have no say. I FORGOT WE DO PAY TAXES.
Please, and not bother about, the gas and oil companies reporting billions in profits every year, but you are paying close to $5/g for gas, and diesel cost more so how much is it costing business to get their stuff to the stores, how much more are you paying for food and gas, or I forgot, Broward county residents are not affected by this only stadium bothers us/can cost us (tax payers money), how many millions cricket fans pay taxes here, so their taxes don't count. how many subscribe to Dish network just to see the game here, Dish network would not be able to carry the games unless they can pay millions to broadcast, so their taxes don't count.
I will go to the stadium and camp out with my family at the front gate to protests this great injustice, I can just see the sign I will hold up. lol
benefits everyone

Hollywood, FL

#104 Jun 4, 2008
Untravelled wrote:
I am so sick and tired of this Cricket thing.
Next thing you know these cricket types will bring in all these international teams from all over the British empire and force me to drink tea in the afternoon and speak proper English.
Our founding fathers played American Football, Hockey and Baseball and they were not British.
They were Americans and as such I don't want my child to go away to college and come home telling me that he is on the rugby team or played squash or some other silly game like tennis.
Finally, if my kid tells me he wants to travel or that he watched cricket match or even listened to one on the BBC radio, I will lose it.
Do you understand? I want him to be a NASCAR mechanic and work on good old American pushrod V-8s.
Wait a minute, you mean to tell me that the Japanese are racing in NASCAR now with Toyota.
What is this world coming too?
If we keep up the shit, there will be no v8 for your son to work on, what is the price of gas, how much cost to the earth.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Canada Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Tens of thousands in Pakistan capital rally aga... Sep 3 Nicy 2
Jamaica Defence Force in Service to the Nation (Mar '09) Dec '13 skc 29
Online, disappointment that Malala didna t win ... (Oct '13) Oct '13 Neville Thompson 1
Hold That Tiger: Big Cat's Fate Snarls Pakistan... (May '13) May '13 Halito 1
IPL Cricket live on Sportsnet (Apr '11) Apr '13 kushy28 2
i need a job in canada (Apr '13) Apr '13 ehisbenedict 1
Bangladesh beats Canada in Cricket World Cup wa... (Feb '11) Nov '11 Justin 4
•••
•••

Canada People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••