Weekend recap: 10 headlines you might have missed

Full story: El Paso Times 24
Pittsburgh Steeler Jerry Nuzum and his wife, Mary, in 1949 after the Dona Ana county district attorney "cleared" him in the murder of Ovida Coogler. Full Story
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Groucho

United States

#2 Dec 13, 2010
Sounds typical of law enforcement everywhere.
tommy segui

Bellevue, WA

#3 Dec 13, 2010
what a story! there's a movie in this one and here's an outline of the script.
My Two Pennies

Washington, DC

#4 Dec 13, 2010
OK El Paso Times, your headline starts with "Hidden El Paso:" but this rather good story is about something that happended in New Mexico...hmmm. Was this stroy published because of the El Paso lawyer that represented Nuzum in his defense???
Jive talk

El Paso, TX

#5 Dec 13, 2010
Great story! Thanks for sharing that.
There will always be crooked cops.
Soco loco

Houston, TX

#6 Dec 13, 2010
If someone had the time and the knowledge on how to investigate, they should look at the records of the troopers that were last seen with Nuzum.
Jake

El Paso, TX

#7 Dec 13, 2010
Sounds pretty obvious that the cops were behind it, and tried to cover it up. The Sheriff would be my guess, especially the way he tried to stop the suspects from getting lawyers. Plus, you have racism to take into consideration. Using a bike-lock on a man's testicles is cruel and unusual.
Hmmm

United States

#8 Dec 13, 2010
Funny, not much has changed since then with law enforcement in New Mexico.
JAY

El Paso, TX

#9 Dec 13, 2010
My Two Pennies wrote:
OK El Paso Times, your headline starts with "Hidden El Paso:" but this rather good story is about something that happended in New Mexico...hmmm. Was this stroy published because of the El Paso lawyer that represented Nuzum in his defense???
hello??? mcfly? anyone in there?? did you not read the entire story? no it didn't have to do with the lawyers defending Nuzum. The story clearly stated it was because of Finley, an El Paso Herald Post writer, that brought attention to the corrupt law enforcement in New Mexico. He wrote stories about the corruption and pretty much helped Nuzum's case and also helped in the civil rights case on the black man that was also accused of the murder.....that has alot to do with "Hidden El Paso"......moron.
rey

Manama, Bahrain

#10 Dec 13, 2010
JAY wrote:
<quoted text>
hello??? mcfly? anyone in there?? did you not read the entire story? no it didn't have to do with the lawyers defending Nuzum. The story clearly stated it was because of Finley, an El Paso Herald Post writer, that brought attention to the corrupt law enforcement in New Mexico. He wrote stories about the corruption and pretty much helped Nuzum's case and also helped in the civil rights case on the black man that was also accused of the murder.....that has alot to do with "Hidden El Paso"......moron.
the guy was just asking a question you dick
NineteenRabbit

Tepic, Mexico

#11 Dec 13, 2010
How about it Milan--is this sensational swamp gas what you call "news?" Did you dig it up all by yourself? Wow, what a journalist!
Speak Easy

El Paso, TX

#12 Dec 13, 2010
Now why in da world would President Harry S. Truman pardon persons of such demeanor? It was a white mans world back then, blacks were railroaded.
Rose

Austin, TX

#13 Dec 13, 2010
Great story, but it sounds like a delibert cover up on the part of the sheriff I belive this lady was murdered by the sheriff and the two cops seen beating her.
Citizen EP

San Antonio, TX

#14 Dec 13, 2010
That would make for a very good movie.
Thanks!
MRSBEAR

Saint Louis, MO

#15 Dec 13, 2010
Speak Easy wrote:
Now why in da world would President Harry S. Truman pardon persons of such demeanor? It was a white mans world back then, blacks were railroaded.
For the same reason Bush pardoned the two ex border patrol agents. Media coverage...
Pendejos

Albuquerque, NM

#17 Dec 13, 2010
MRSBEAR wrote:
<quoted text>
For the same reason Bush pardoned the two ex border patrol agents. Media coverage...
Ah, you mean the Chicos Tacos boys... That was a classic.
You Dont Know

United States

#18 Dec 13, 2010
MRSBEAR wrote:
<quoted text>
President Bush did not pardon them; he commuted their sentence. Big difference, although they should have been pardoned.
Ramos

El Paso, TX

#19 Dec 13, 2010
Pendejos wrote:
<quoted text>
Ah, you mean the Chicos Tacos boys... That was a classic.
Como eres culo, oh BTW, i'm proudly employed at the Chicos Tacos in the Northeast.
Bottom Line

AOL

#20 Dec 13, 2010
Have you ever heard of lock nuts!
Compean

El Paso, TX

#21 Dec 13, 2010
Bottom Line wrote:
Have you ever heard of lock nuts!
Isn't that what puppetmaster has up his culo?
Nothing has changed

El Paso, TX

#22 Dec 14, 2010
I guess nothing has changed in the way law enforcement operates

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Cricket Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Ramsbottom Festival 2014: Spellbinding performa... Sep 23 Silly 1
Cricket Mobile Game Sep 5 Cricketer 1
Tens of thousands in Pakistan capital rally aga... Sep 3 Nicy 2
'Homophobic' Sultan of Brunei is the top bidder... Aug '14 New Law 1
Mahela Jayawardene announces retirement from T2... (Mar '14) Aug '14 shahid afridi 2
Glenn McGrath and Brett Lee under fire for sign... Jul '14 Not cricket 1
Shane Watson announces his retirement from all ... (Mar '13) Jun '14 tripti 4

Cricket People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE