Benton fire chief arrested for endangering the welfare of a child

Apr 13, 2009 Full story: WHEC-TV Rochester 8

The fire chief of the town of Benton in Yates County is being stripped of his duties.

Full Story
Mel

Penn Yan, NY

#1 Apr 14, 2009
Bryan Housel has no business commenting on the actions of another fire department. He is not even an officer in his own department. This is a pending criminal investigation. Any member of a local department with any sense should have said "no comment"
exactly

Cayuga, NY

#2 Apr 14, 2009
I think everyone just assumed Bryan Housel was a member of Benton FD. EVERYONE needs to shut their mouth down there. It's time for the leaders left down there to start to lead. I think firefighter Housel and both his Chief along with his President need a major sit down. From everything I have read this is a private personnel matter and has nothing directly to do with any fire departments. Nobody should comment about this except the Chief or President of the organization. It sounds like this was just some whack job that happened to be a volunteer fire chief.
anti-sensational ism

Medina, NY

#3 Apr 14, 2009
exactly wrote:
I think everyone just assumed Bryan Housel was a member of Benton FD. EVERYONE needs to shut their mouth down there. It's time for the leaders left down there to start to lead. I think firefighter Housel and both his Chief along with his President need a major sit down. From everything I have read this is a private personnel matter and has nothing directly to do with any fire departments. Nobody should comment about this except the Chief or President of the organization. It sounds like this was just some whack job that happened to be a volunteer fire chief.
You mean, you think everyone just "assumed" like you did that he was just some whack job volunteer fire chief???? You have NO IDEA what you are talking about. He is an upstanding guy who has helped so many people. Your assumptions are unfortunate and inaccurate.
anti-sensational ism

Medina, NY

#4 Apr 14, 2009
exactly wrote:
I think everyone just assumed Bryan Housel was a member of Benton FD. EVERYONE needs to shut their mouth down there. It's time for the leaders left down there to start to lead. I think firefighter Housel and both his Chief along with his President need a major sit down. From everything I have read this is a private personnel matter and has nothing directly to do with any fire departments. Nobody should comment about this except the Chief or President of the organization. It sounds like this was just some whack job that happened to be a volunteer fire chief.
P.S. Perhaps maybe YOU should keep your mouth shut and focus on your own community "up there" instead of us "down here"! But then again...I can see you got a wealth of judgement to cast.
a parnet

Canandaigua, NY

#5 Apr 14, 2009
anti-sensationalism wrote:
<quoted text>
P.S. Perhaps maybe YOU should keep your mouth shut and focus on your own community "up there" instead of us "down here"! But then again...I can see you got a wealth of judgement to cast.
I think he has you fooled also. He was in the wrong that is all that has to do with it!!!!!!!!
anti-sensational ism

Medina, NY

#6 Apr 14, 2009
a parnet wrote:
<quoted text>I think he has you fooled also. He was in the wrong that is all that has to do with it!!!!!!!!
Mistake or misjudgement indeed!!! But I will leave that up to the courts. Not peers, not friends and not the media. He is paying for it dearly already, the ousting of his pride and joy and by the scrutiny of people like you and the media frenzy that follows him. He is getting more attention than a hard criminal would get. If you think a whole mans life is defined by one terrible misjudgement he has EVER made in his entire life, then you are the fool and are quick to judge.(which mind you, is a poor poor personality trait.) Get back to me when you cut lose your puppet string opinion and take into consideration that not everything is as cut and dry as you allow yourself to believe.
homer

Cayuga, NY

#7 Apr 14, 2009
anti-sensationalism wrote:
<quoted text>
P.S. Perhaps maybe YOU should keep your mouth shut and focus on your own community "up there" instead of us "down here"! But then again...I can see you got a wealth of judgement to cast.
Ok I was wrong. Why don't you have him lead you in a parade "up here" if your so proud of him! We have enough qualified people to be Chief "up here" so we don't need to keep a person immoral.
anti-sensational ism

Medina, NY

#8 Apr 14, 2009
homer wrote:
<quoted text>
Ok I was wrong. Why don't you have him lead you in a parade "up here" if your so proud of him! We have enough qualified people to be Chief "up here" so we don't need to keep a person immoral.
Thanks for admitting you were wrong Homey. Making a misjudgement of exchanging text messages with a 16 year old does not define him as a fireman. The fact that he has saved lives and risked his life for others, ALL FOR FREE...all out of the goodness of his heart, his commitment to his community, and his loyalty to his department is why we are proud to have him lead in parade.
P.S. Your parades "up there" are so darn stale and boring. Comon' down and we'll show you how to do it up right!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Yates County Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Woman smashes car window, frees dog Jul '14 Lol 1
holiday craft bazaar (Nov '13) Nov '13 HOLIDAY CRAFT BAZAAR 1
Yates County Man Arrested For Sexual Contact Wi... (Feb '13) Feb '13 FFS- 3
Police: NY mom used kiss to give jailed son drugs (Feb '13) Feb '13 Anonymous 2
Rochester Man Shot in Hunting Accident (Nov '12) Nov '12 Steal City Stupid 2
Illegal Alien Arrested For Double Stabbing In Y... (Nov '11) Nov '11 Koppur Mung Kees 1
New York unemployment rate 7.7 percent in April (May '09) Oct '11 A2H-Jobs 2
More from around the web