Ethics in Journalism Award Winners An...

Ethics in Journalism Award Winners Announced

There are 7 comments on the FishBowl story from Apr 18, 2012, titled Ethics in Journalism Award Winners Announced. In it, FishBowl reports that:

A pair of freelance journalists, formerly with the Salt Lake Tribune , and a weekly newspaper in ruralA North Carolina have been chosen winners of the 13th annual Ancil Payne Awards for Ethics in Journalism.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at FishBowl.

Opie Taylor

Mars Hill, NC

#1 Apr 19, 2012
This is something Jody will NEVER get!
Yippee

Burnsville, NC

#2 Apr 19, 2012
"Congratulations" to our multiple award-winning county newspaper!!!
Burnsville Waterhead

Mars Hill, NC

#3 Apr 20, 2012
Watch this bring a fresh batch of ignorant hate rants against the Austins.
longtimecustomer

United States

#4 Apr 20, 2012
WOW! Check it out!
A pair of freelance journalists, formerly with the Salt Lake Tribune, and a weekly newspaper in rural North Carolina have been chosen winners of the 13th annual Ancil Payne Awards for Ethics in Journalism.
Matthew LaPlante and Rick Egan wrote an expose┬┤on the ritual killing of children in Ethopia. The story was ultimately published by CNN.
The Yancey County News has been selected for establishing itself as a check on corrupt local law enforcement in Burnsville, North Carolina.
Among the judges were Scott Carney, investigative journalist and Wired contributing editor, and Alicia C. Shepard, a former National Public Radio ombudsman.
The awards are presented annually each year by the University of Oregon.
Fiction Sells

Burnsville, NC

#5 Apr 20, 2012
"Writing Fiction That Sells"

Austins stories have won two awards from two Ultra Liberal Hate Clubs

Even a Nutjob can find a following
longtimecustomer

United States

#6 Apr 21, 2012
Your comments have been judged: Nuts! Spam! Disagree! At least someone is paying attention.
So Funny

Boiling Springs, SC

#7 Apr 23, 2012
Hell even the National Enquirer as a following & I'm sure has won awards for their stories too!! This paper cracks me up! Really!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Yancey County Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Christie Boyer (Boston) (Jun '13) Jun '15 Bigbuck 5
News Details on the Burnsville a Moral Monday March ... (Oct '14) Oct '14 John 4
Karate Express Burnsville (May '14) Oct '14 Chuck 4
News After 20 years, Yancey's still home (Sep '07) Mar '14 sweetjunie 2
News Mount Mitchell Drive Receives Scenic Byway Desi... (Feb '12) Jul '13 Workin for the Man 2
victory baptist pastor (May '12) Jun '13 Shelley 2
News Islamic group criticizes N.C. lawmaker's remark (Apr '13) Apr '13 Fool 4
More from around the web