Yakima jail inmate dies after hanging...

Yakima jail inmate dies after hanging herself in cell

There are 6 comments on the Seattle Post-Intelligencer story from Nov 18, 2007, titled Yakima jail inmate dies after hanging herself in cell. In it, Seattle Post-Intelligencer reports that:

A Yakima County jail inmate has died three days after being found hanging in her cell. via Seattle Post-Intelligencer

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Seattle Post-Intelligencer.

Paulette B

United States

#1 Nov 20, 2007
Did anyone bother to read this article before posting the headline? Get the story straight! It was NOT in Yakima, but at the Chelan County Jail. The inmate was not even from Yakima, but Wenatchee. Thirdly, the headline states that it was a woman. It was a man! It might benefit this site to actually do the research instead of making up headlines.
yak

Wenatchee, WA

#2 Nov 24, 2007
The article was by the Seattle PI Newspaper. go figure
Wildlander

Burbank, WA

#3 Dec 7, 2007
Why did it take them three days to find him or her hanging in the jail? That is the question. Three days??? I thought they fed these people every day?

I would guess it was a woman. And I would guess she was raped by the police or guards. And then they spent three days covering up the evidence??? How do you hang for three days in a jail before they find your body? Something very fishy here...
Justice Watch Dog

Honolulu, HI

#4 Jun 25, 2008
We are a non-profit organization who help families of the incarcerated seek information about the circumstances surrounding a loved ones death or injuries. We have helped many families seek justice using our knowledgeable guidance.

We are fighting the battle to uncover the secret veil of the Department of Corrections nation wide. Please help us unite with the power of information to stop the abuse inmates suffer at the hands of government officials.

If you have any information about inmate abuse please contact us.
Our website is under construction~please email us at [email protected]
Tonto

Willmar, MN

#5 Oct 9, 2008
My mother had one but she dropped it.
Buttershots

Yakima, WA

#6 Oct 10, 2008
Wildlander wrote:
Why did it take them three days to find him or her hanging in the jail? That is the question. Three days??? I thought they fed these people every day?
I would guess it was a woman. And I would guess she was raped by the police or guards. And then they spent three days covering up the evidence??? How do you hang for three days in a jail before they find your body? Something very fishy here...
It said she DIED 3 days AFTER being found, meaning she was found, obviously taken to the hospital, then survived for 3 days, then died. She did not die & then was found dead 3 days later.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Yakima County Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
High speed pursuit puts Wapato School District ... (Nov '14) Nov '14 hiding information 2
News Grandview daycare co-owner accused of child mol... (Oct '14) Oct '14 Marcella 1
News Murder, or accidental shooting? (Aug '08) Jun '14 jene 1,038
News Yakima Training Center incident leaves 1 Soldie... (Mar '14) Mar '14 Joe 1
News In brief: Body found in Newport park - Mon, 16 ... (Dec '13) Dec '13 manuel mejia 2
News E. Coli cases up this year in Yakima County (Sep '13) Sep '13 warrior 4 u 1
News Feds investigating potential puppy mill in Selah (Oct '12) Mar '13 crazyhrse 2
More from around the web