Historic Wytheville building demolish...

Historic Wytheville building demolished, residents displeased

There are 4 comments on the WDBJ7 story from Jun 12, 2010, titled Historic Wytheville building demolished, residents displeased. In it, WDBJ7 reports that:

Right in downtown Wytheville is the Simmerman Building, erected in 1913. Now, it's a pile of rubble.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WDBJ7.

imab

United States

#1 Jun 13, 2010
What a shame, seems like the County could have taken care of the bldg. thru the years and it would not have to be torn down. Now they are leaving those ugly brick bldg`s at the end... I am sure they will build something as ugly & unfunctional as they have in the past.....Way to go Wythe County & their fearless leader Mr. Dalton.... What a joke!
sad to see it go

United States

#2 Jun 14, 2010
I can't believe that more of the old timber and other things of value were not salvaged. The money they have spent to demolish it and re-build would more than covered a restoration. Seems as if the County Administrator doesn't care much for beautiful things....or what the public wants.

How much longer will he be there to screw up our County???? Too long I am sure.
Angry Tax Payer

AOL

#3 Jun 14, 2010
I agree with both of the above posts. Such a beautiful bldg to be replaced with something as ugly as the "New Courthouse" I am sure. Why can't they EVER do anything right? Instead they continue to build useless bldgs for everyone else while the master is quite comfy up on capital hill.....It's time for a change in Wythe County!
Anonymous

Southwest Brevard Cnty, FL

#4 Jun 25, 2011
have your own National Treasure on a bluff overlooking Mississippi River ....for real cheap
moving near my son.
ambergheights.webs.com

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Wythe County Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Search warrant leads to four arrests (Mar '13) Mar 29 Teresa 4
snitch (Jul '15) Mar '18 On point 2
Dogs in a Box (Aug '12) Jan '18 Pauly 20
Drones (Oct '15) Jan '18 wickedudett 3
snitches (Oct '17) Oct '17 fedup 1
Cindy Jones who does she think she is! (May '12) Aug '17 Ariel 13
jsgirl (Jul '17) Jul '17 JSGIRL 1