Dog euthanized, prospective owners to...

Dog euthanized, prospective owners too late in Wythe Co.

There are 7 comments on the WSLS-TV Roanoke story from Jan 17, 2012, titled Dog euthanized, prospective owners too late in Wythe Co.. In it, WSLS-TV Roanoke reports that:

Lori Bennett and Derek Collins play catch with their dogs Stormy and Shotcee everyday.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WSLS-TV Roanoke.

cat person

Lynchburg, VA

#1 Jan 23, 2012
I'm sorry about the four dogs being killed when they had a home but does anyone care about the cats of Wythe Co.?
Really Sad

Ferrum, VA

#2 Jan 24, 2012
Just as the dogs, not many care anymore. Most people have became so self centered that as long as they do not have to deal with it or see it, does not exist. Just as in our county a dog ordinance went into effect a leash law without the leash. Hunting dogs excluded. Farm dogs are not exempt either. Rather than enforcing people to have their pets neutered so as to prevent future populations from facing abuse,neglect and death at the local shelters, Most People are all for exterminating animals of any kind.
Then you elect supervisors with the same view point and the animals suffer. I have cats and had dogs, but our county{Smyth} does not make it feasible for a dog anymore. Be easier to just prohibit pets . We have become a sad nation. My prayer is that other counties does not follow Wythe nor Smyth in their treatment of animals.
Animal lover

Charlottesville, VA

#3 Feb 3, 2012
I have adopted dogs from Wythe and Smyth and I must say, Smyth County seemed to be more concerned than Wythe. What this area needs is a spay/neuter law. Not just with animals, worthless individuals as well. They can put down homeless animals, what about worthless deadbeat people? At least the animals cannot control their situation.

“~*~ Dragons & Pitbulls ~*~”

Since: May 11

Murfreesboro, TN

#4 Feb 13, 2012
Animal lover wrote:
I have adopted dogs from Wythe and Smyth and I must say, Smyth County seemed to be more concerned than Wythe. What this area needs is a spay/neuter law. Not just with animals, worthless individuals as well. They can put down homeless animals, what about worthless deadbeat people? At least the animals cannot control their situation.
I agree its horrible down here as well ... I too am an animal lover and they seem in favor of putting to sleep the pit-bulls more than any other breed. People cannot be more wrong about that beautiful breed of dog. It isn't fair and it isn't right.:( they should give them more of a time frame. But I do agree with you when you say they should enforce more of the spay and nurture laws.
Jarrod

Brookneal, VA

#5 Feb 13, 2012
They are one of the few breeds that are infamous for killing humans. Beautiful breed I think not
Emperor

Charlottesville, VA

#7 Feb 15, 2012
Emperor wrote:
Could Humpy and me come sniff it's crotch? The Emperor Rules!
Terrible thread to be making light of a very serious subject. Wonder if your mother was ever kennelled.

The Emperor Rules!
Veronica W

Schuyler, VA

#9 Apr 2, 2012
Laws For Paws is fundraising to bring in a No-Kill for Wythe County. I am the founder and President of the organization. So far, we have our articles of incorporation. We will be filing for the 501(c)3 tax exempt status in the next two to three weeks. Please help us reach our goal, so something like this doesn't happen again. Our next event is at Tractor Supply in Wythville on April 28th from 10am to 2pm. Find us on Facebook at Http://www.facebook.com/LawsForPaws

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Wythe County Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Trey johnson Feb '17 Knowitall 1
you have no chance with a court appointed attor... Nov '16 wytheman 1
Costa Coffee Background Check (Nov '16) Nov '16 Jack 2
News Rural Retreat home invasion investigated (Aug '15) Jul '16 Desure 3
Clerk of Court (Sep '15) Jul '16 Desure 2
Drones (Oct '15) Jul '16 Desure 2
Hope Pain Clinci (Mar '16) May '16 Wondering 2
More from around the web