George Wythe Hotel Receives $600,000 Grant From State

Dec 28, 2011 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: West of Roanoke

Richmond, Virginia - Early this morning Governor McDonnell's office announced the Town of Wytheville has been awarded $600,000 in grant money aimed at industrial revitalization.

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 20 of21
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
spring street

Waynesboro, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 31, 2011

Judged:

Yea,Yea, The same persons keep gettin richer cause they know how to get the grants and funding from the state and government.That's what we need a historic hotel that all of us citizens can enjoy and pay the Ten plus food tax.We citizens suffer from paying the high food tax and then we get the crappy service cause the businesses profit from the interstate traffic and got real comfortable from all the guaranteed sales from tourist traveling thru..Thank you Mayor
somebody else

Charlottesville, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 1, 2012

Judged:

What?
Lionel

South Boston, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 1, 2012

Judged:

spring street wrote:
Yea,Yea, The same persons keep gettin richer cause they know how to get the grants and funding from the state and government.That's what we need a historic hotel that all of us citizens can enjoy and pay the Ten plus food tax.We citizens suffer from paying the high food tax and then we get the crappy service cause the businesses profit from the interstate traffic and got real comfortable from all the guaranteed sales from tourist traveling thru..Thank you Mayor
Go to turn One and cry in your beer.
frank

Scottsville, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 1, 2012

Judged:

How does a hotel get a industrial revitalization grant? Bill Smith has tons of cash. Should have been used for something different.
Think about it

Charlotte, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 2, 2012

Judged:

Any time anyone does something and invests money into the community there are always neigh sayers. The state of the economy isn't looking good so anyone who is brave enough to invest money into our community should get support from the local/state/federal government.
THE JUDGE

Rocky Mount, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 7, 2012

Judged:

spring street wrote:
We citizens suffer from paying the high food tax and then we get the crappy service
HEY, SUFFERING CITIZEN, UNLESS TRENT CREWE IS COMING TO YOUR HOUSE WITH AN AK-47 AND MARCHING YOU INTO A WYTHEVILLE RESTAURANT, THEN ANY FOOD TAX YOU'RE PAYING IS STRICTLY VOLUNTARY.

IF YOU DON'T LIKE IT, JUST GO DOWN TO THE IGA AND GET SOME F****** HOT POCKETS FOR SUPPER.

THE JUDGE HAS SPOKEN.
Kidrockker

Charlottesville, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2012

Harley T Ford wrote:
<quoted text> You done pissed me off on another topic ass wipe. Don't keep on making a bigger fool of yourself than you already have. Harley Has Spoken.
The jerk is here, too? Ignore him and he'll go away. I know this loser. He'd be scared spitless to say any of his trash in person, so he hides on the computer and plays big man. So sad!
Many names

South Boston, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2012

Judged:

Kidrockker wrote:
<quoted text>
The jerk is here, too? Ignore him and he'll go away. I know this loser. He'd be scared spitless to say any of his trash in person, so he hides on the computer and plays big man. So sad!
So do you and somebody else. I sorta like the Judge. Does tell it like it is.
somebody else

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 31, 2012

Judged:

Many names wrote:
<quoted text> So do you and somebody else. I sorta like the Judge. Does tell it like it is.
How much is gas at Sheetz today?
Eyes Open

Wytheville, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 14, 2012

Judged:

frank wrote:
How does a hotel get a industrial revitalization grant? Bill Smith has tons of cash. Should have been used for something different.
Read this paragraph. It'll do you wonders.

http://www.dhcd.virginia.gov/IRF/Industrial%2...

Then do yourself a favor and try understanding how grant funding works. you can't ask for the money for one thing, then use it for something else.
Virginia

Thornburg, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 18, 2012

Judged:

Does not matter what Grant or help for new growth would be, Wytheville Does Not Want it!!!! We should be focused on our schools and industry!!!!!!! Once again Wytheville does not want growth, but one day it will fade away.
Eyes Open

Wytheville, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 18, 2012

Judged:

Virginia wrote:
Does not matter what Grant or help for new growth would be, Wytheville Does Not Want it!!!! We should be focused on our schools and industry!!!!!!! Once again Wytheville does not want growth, but one day it will fade away.
I can't, for the life of me, understand what this post actually says. Can someone translate?
Nameless

Stanleytown, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 7, 2012

somebody else wrote:
<quoted text>How much is gas at Sheetz today?
Don't know. Reading your posts gives me all the gas I can stand.
schiznit

Charlottesville, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 3, 2012

Judged:

Smith is broke but he's good at sucking in grant money, can't fault him for that. Too bad the damn gov't continues to fund these worthless projects that don't bring shit to town. Should turn that hotel into a pay toilet for anyone dumb enough to eat a skeeter peter
Idiots abound

Wytheville, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 4, 2012

Judged:

schiznit wrote:
Smith is broke but he's good at sucking in grant money, can't fault him for that. Too bad the damn gov't continues to fund these worthless projects that don't bring shit to town. Should turn that hotel into a pay toilet for anyone dumb enough to eat a skeeter peter
You're a dumbass. That's clear. My guess is that you contribute very little to society.
And for all the other dumbasses: IT IS A LOAN. Get it? A LOAN! This is a low interest loan to help restore a building that has been underutilized and for years. Why on earth are so many people against restoring a building that sits in their downtown back to a functioning business? Wait, I just remembered...they are dumbassess, and have no clue how any of this shit works. Doesn't keep them from offering the same dumbass, negative opinions about everything though.
schiznit

Charlottesville, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 6, 2012

Judged:

Sorry we are not thrilled to see our tax dollars go to restore an underutilized building so it can still sit underutilized. It won't be finished anytime soon. Smith still has to use that grant money to pay off his other shitty investments that didn't pan out. You got to rob peter to pay paul ya know. I'm sure you know all about that from the

As for my contribution to society I'm sure it's a lot higher than yours. You sound like a no tax paying liberal idiot that is choking on a skeeter peter. Enjoy the colon cleansing.
Nitty Gritty

Buckingham, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 6, 2012

Judged:

schiznit wrote:
Sorry we are not thrilled to see our tax dollars go to restore an underutilized building so it can still sit underutilized. It won't be finished anytime soon. Smith still has to use that grant money to pay off his other shitty investments that didn't pan out. You got to rob peter to pay paul ya know. I'm sure you know all about that from the
As for my contribution to society I'm sure it's a lot higher than yours. You sound like a no tax paying liberal idiot that is choking on a skeeter peter. Enjoy the colon cleansing.
You're obviously an expert on something...like minding Bill Smith's business, or gov't grants, or eating peters. Which one is it?
Idiots abound

Wytheville, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 11, 2012

schiznit wrote:
Again, you know nothing. If you knew half of what you thought you did, that would be a major improvement. What about the word LOAN is so hard to understand? So please STFU about your tax dollars. The money will be returned with interest. Then the building will generate local tax dollars by way of increased property taxes, meals and lodging taxes, etc. Do yourself a favor a learn WTF you're talking about before you go spewing your venom.
wrong again

Wytheville, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 11, 2012

spring street wrote:
The meals tax in Wytheville is not 10%. It's lower than Christiansburg or Abingdon and only .5% to 1% higher than most of the neighboring communities.
Half of the tax you pay on food is the state sales tax, which is 5%
Luke

Dillwyn, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 11, 2012

If you can't afford the tax do like me and eat better at home. Have a cucumber and a glass of water you damn cheap skate.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of21
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Wythe County Discussions

Search the Wythe County Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Dogs Deserve Better' protests in Wytheville Mar '14 Billy 19
Dogs in a Box (Aug '12) Mar '14 Mary Mooney 17
Town Of Wythe Sex Offenders Feb '14 NotAFan 1
Drivn (Mar '11) Nov '13 Kay 3
Wythe manufacturers merge to form Somic America (Feb '10) Oct '13 Wilbur 76
schools (Sep '13) Sep '13 kasey 1
Search warrant leads to four arrests (Mar '13) May '13 the facts 2
•••
•••