Students get basic training - Sentinel & Enterprise

Oakmont Regional High School students were surprised to find U.S. Marines teaching their gym classes Wednesday. Full Story

Since: Apr 09

Location hidden

#1 Jan 14, 2010
Semper Fi!!!
Leominster

San Jose, CA

#2 Jan 14, 2010
Hooray! Now Military recruiters are coming to our school to talk to hard sell the armed forces to our children! Were parents notified or asked permission? At least we're not pretending that the public school system anything more that a funnel into the US military. Nice piece of journalism by the way. Did you simply reprint the Marines PR copy?
Just me --the big bully

Fort Huachuca, AZ

#3 Jan 14, 2010
Leominster wrote:
Hooray! Now Military recruiters are coming to our school to talk to hard sell the armed forces to our children! Were parents notified or asked permission? At least we're not pretending that the public school system anything more that a funnel into the US military. Nice piece of journalism by the way. Did you simply reprint the Marines PR copy?
Did your child leave his/her plastic bubble?
This is probably more exercise than these kids have seen in some time...gym class, what a joke.
Kudos to the Marines for a good ole fashion workout (as good as it can be)

Location hidden

#4 Jan 14, 2010
Leominster wrote:
Believe it or not pansy man some parents are actually proud that their children would like to server their country in the military. I am sure you and and "widdle" precious will live through the mean old Marine having him do some jumping jacks... Your wife must gag every time you touch her... Now I know you will find this shocking but the military has actually had a JR-ROTC program in many High Schools for over 30 years. I know the horror..you probably should sit down before you faint.
Leominster

San Jose, CA

#5 Jan 14, 2010
Lunenburg wrote:
<quoted text>
Believe it or not pansy man some parents are actually proud that their children would like to server their country in the military. I am sure you and and "widdle" precious will live through the mean old Marine having him do some jumping jacks... Your wife must gag every time you touch her... Now I know you will find this shocking but the military has actually had a JR-ROTC program in many High Schools for over 30 years. I know the horror..you probably should sit down before you faint.
Pansy man? Thats a very articulate, well thought-out argument. I'm glad you're proud. My kid will not be a pawn in a chess game. Who's up for 10 more years in AfPak? The Where's Osama game is still going strong!
Just me --the big bully

Fort Huachuca, AZ

#6 Jan 14, 2010
Leominster wrote:
<quoted text>
Pansy man? Thats a very articulate, well thought-out argument. I'm glad you're proud. My kid will not be a pawn in a chess game. Who's up for 10 more years in AfPak? The Where's Osama game is still going strong!
I hope your kid joins the Marines and makes his country proud...more than we can say for you.
What are you going to do if he/she comes home and says that they enlisted? Huh?
Are you going to put your foot down and discourage them in regards to their decision to support their country....I should hope not, that wouldn't be "good parental support".

Location hidden

#7 Jan 14, 2010
Just me --the big bully wrote:
<quoted text>
I hope your kid joins the Marines and makes his country proud...more than we can say for you.
Are you going to put your foot down and discourage them in regards to their decision to support their country....I should hope not, that wouldn't be "good parental support".
I wouldn't count on it...the apple doesn't fall far from the tree. Freedom moochers should move to Canada...
Leominster

San Jose, CA

#8 Jan 14, 2010
<quoted text>
My kids know how proud I am of them. They also know what an empty claim it is to earn the pride of their country by killing another. I hope you and your children all live happy healthy lives and never have to experience the horrors of war. The children in Iraq and Afghanistan are not so lucky. God bless you.
Just me --the big bully

Fort Huachuca, AZ

#9 Jan 14, 2010
Lunenburg wrote:
<quoted text>
I wouldn't count on it...the apple doesn't fall far from the tree. Freedom moochers should move to Canada...
You didn't answer the question, tough guy/girl.Would you tell your child they are wrong in a choice to defend their country....
ungrateful "so called" americans please feel free to jump the mexican border and see how easy you have it there.
Just me --the big bully

Fort Huachuca, AZ

#10 Jan 14, 2010
Lunenburg wrote:
<quoted text>
the apple doesn't fall far from the tree.
So you are saying your child is going to be a bottom feeder, like yourself, an ungrateful "non troop supporting" american?
You are probably one of those freaks that gets their panties in a bunch at the sight of an american flag.

Tisk tisk tisk.......

Location hidden

#11 Jan 14, 2010
<quoted text>
So you are saying your child is going to be a bottom feeder, like yourself, an ungrateful "non troop supporting" american?
You are probably one of those freaks that gets their panties in a bunch at the sight of an american flag.
Tisk tisk tisk.......
I was talking about the poster who was appalled that the Marines were in our schools...you missed a post somewhere...you and I agree...
Just me --the big bully

Fort Huachuca, AZ

#12 Jan 15, 2010
Lunenburg wrote:
<quoted text>
I was talking about the poster who was appalled that the Marines were in our schools...you missed a post somewhere...you and I agree...
My apologies.......
I'm going to invest in a company that makes child size plastic bubbles, complete with ipod dock and gaming...LOL
Just me --the big bully

Fort Huachuca, AZ

#13 Jan 15, 2010
Leominster wrote:
<quoted text>
My kids know how proud I am of them. They also know what an empty claim it is to earn the pride of their country by killing another. I hope you and your children all live happy healthy lives and never have to experience the horrors of war. The children in Iraq and Afghanistan are not so lucky. God bless you.
You think all the soldiers of this country do is kill people? You have been misinformed.
Yes, that is a fact of war, but look at the other great things they do, besides giving you the freedom to post your garbage on here.
They are in Hati, helping with the devistation down there.
They are in other countries when needed making sure the people get what they need to make it and helping to make their living situation better.
They were at the world trade towers on that horrible day and for weeks after.
I would think that if my child was in the military that would be something that would make me hold my head high with pride.
Heck, I'm proud of the people serving and that have served whether I know them or not.
You have a great day and enjoy your freedom that you do not support people fighting for.
Lunenburgian

Clinton, MA

#14 Jan 16, 2010
Yes, look how much work the National Guard did around here last year to help clean up after the ice storm. They came down my street in a brand new extended cab pickup with 6 guys in it. Stopped halfway down the street, one guy got out to direct a 3 point turn and they left.

But its good to bring the Marines into the school for an educational exercise lecture, encourage them to sign up, go to exotic foreign lands, meet new people and kill them.

Hahahaha - just kidding, actually they sucker these young kids to sign up for extended contracts so that they can make their numbers and get their recruitment bonuses.

Location hidden

#15 Jan 16, 2010
Lunenburgian wrote:
Yes, look how much work the National Guard did around here last year to help clean up after the ice storm. They came down my street in a brand new extended cab pickup with 6 guys in it. Stopped halfway down the street, one guy got out to direct a 3 point turn and they left.
But its good to bring the Marines into the school for an educational exercise lecture, encourage them to sign up, go to exotic foreign lands, meet new people and kill them.
Hahahaha - just kidding, actually they sucker these young kids to sign up for extended contracts so that they can make their numbers and get their recruitment bonuses.
You are just plain disgusting and it embarrasses me that you live in my town. I should have Arnie kick your butt. Now there is a proud leatherneck!!
Lunenburgian

Clinton, MA

#16 Jan 17, 2010
Lunenburg wrote:
<quoted text>
You are just plain disgusting and it embarrasses me that you live in my town. I should have Arnie kick your butt. Now there is a proud leatherneck!!
Arnie who?

I'm too old to join the Marines, although I betcha I could crunth through basic with a little sweat, guess I'll just have to be a hippie!!

and its 1, 2, 3 ,4 what are fighting for, don't know I don't give a damn, next stop is Afghanastan..........

Location hidden

#17 Jan 17, 2010
Lunenburgian wrote:
<quoted text>
Arnie who?
I'm too old to join the Marines, although I betcha I could crunth through basic with a little sweat, guess I'll just have to be a hippie!!
and its 1, 2, 3 ,4 what are fighting for, don't know I don't give a damn, next stop is Afghanastan..........
Take a ride down Arbor Street and stop at the corner where Pine and Arbor intersect...this is a plaque for Arnie's brothers and if he is too old to thump you I will gladly step in...
HARD CHARGER

Quantico, VA

#18 Jan 18, 2010
I HEARD ABOUT THIS WORKOUT PROGRAM THE MARINES HAD AT THE SCHOOL. IT DOESN'T SEEM THAT THE MARINES TRIED TO RECRUIT THESE KIDS. IN FACT I DON'T THINK THAT THEY EVEN TALKED ABOUT RECRUITING. HAVE ANY OF YOU ALL EVEN TALKED TO THE KIDS WHO PARTICAPTED IN THIS "YOUTH PHYSICAL FITNESS PROGRAM" TO SEE IF THE RECRUITERS ACTUALLY TRIED TO RECRUIT OR PROMISE THEM ANY THING AT ALL? ALSO I DON'T BELIEVE THAT THE MARINE RECRUITERS GET A BONUS FOR ENLISTING ANYONE. BUT THEN AGAIN WHAT DO I KNOW. WHAT I DO KNOW IS THAT THEY RECIEVE THE BIGGEST GIFT OF ALL IN KNOWING THAT THEY HELPED CHANGE A YOUNG MAN OR WOMANS LIFE TO DO "BIGGER AND BETTER THINGS". BUT YOU HAVE THE RIGHT TO SAY WE NEED A GENERATION TO FIGHT FOR OUR FREEDOM BUT NOT MY KIDS OR THEIR GENERATION. NOW I AM A RETIRED MARINE LUNENBURGIAN, WHY ARE YOU COMPARING THE NATIONAL GUARD TO THE MARINES. COME ON NOW EVEN YOU KNOW THERE IS A BIG DIFFERENCE.
Lunenburgian

Clinton, MA

#19 Jan 18, 2010
I was just busting "Just me --the big bully" for taking such a hard line with "Leominster".
Just me --the big bully

Fort Huachuca, AZ

#20 Jan 19, 2010
Lunenburgian wrote:
I was just busting "Just me --the big bully" for taking such a hard line with "Leominster".
Oh and what a good job you did, you should be proud.....*clap clap clap*
"Oh, was I too hard on wittle wemonister?"

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Worcester County Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Longtime suspect charged in Fitchburg man's 200... Aug '14 Karen 2
Shirley prison remains on lockdown (Jul '12) Aug '14 jessica 13
After indictment, Worcester police officer arra... Jul '14 cops are psychos 1
Two arrested in Fitchburg drug raid (Jun '14) Jun '14 Jtn 7
Worcester County DA: Nicolas Guaman Sentenced 1... (May '14) May '14 stopracismagainst 1
Prosecutor: Body fits description of missing boy (Apr '14) Apr '14 Donna b 1
Mom Of Missing Fitchburg Boy Held On $100G Bail... (Mar '14) Apr '14 Jtn 15
More from around the web