New commission will review juvenile f...

New commission will review juvenile facilities

There are 9 comments on the The West Virginia Record story from Jun 14, 2011, titled New commission will review juvenile facilities. In it, The West Virginia Record reports that:

State Supreme Court Chief Justice Margaret Workman announced Monday the creation of the Adjudicated Juvenile Rehabilitation Review Commission to investigate juvenile justice facilities and procedures in the state.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The West Virginia Record.

gone

Valley Head, WV

#1 Jun 15, 2011
Thank God!
sad

Morgantown, WV

#2 Jun 16, 2011
I hope that people realize that not everyone who works up there is an ass. I have a family member that works up there who treats those kids good. He is fair with them and tries to help all that he can. He has true compassion for those kids. They need and deserve to be treated fairly. I know when they are being defiant there has to be punishment but it needs to be fair too. They are still kids. If you are fair with them and show them respect more often then not they will do the same. I know there may be some workers that need to be weeded out but I hope that everyone realizes that there are at least some who do care about those kids and try to treat them fairly and with respect. And this person did not work up there in 2009.
Disillusioned

Terre Haute, IN

#3 Jun 16, 2011
Unfortunately, a lot of cowards and idiots are drawn to those type of places. Not to mention the pedophiles the like the fact that they have access to captured prey.
Mudcat

United States

#4 Jun 16, 2011
It is not the kids that are the problem, it is the staff.You have a whole family from Salem that work up there and they all hate kids and treat them awful especially the one with 3 eyes.She is spawn of the devil and would stab her mother in the back. All of the Merendino D##K riders need to go.
sad

Morgantown, WV

#5 Jun 16, 2011
Mudcat wrote:
It is not the kids that are the problem, it is the staff.You have a whole family from Salem that work up there and they all hate kids and treat them awful especially the one with 3 eyes.She is spawn of the devil and would stab her mother in the back. All of the Merendino D##K riders need to go.
I agree that some staff is a problem. I just meant that I hope that not everyone that works up there is a bad person. Those kids need consistency in the way they are treated and daily routines. All kids need consistency. I hope that they do find the ones who mistreat this kids and do them wrong and get rid of them. I know they are in trouble but they are still kids. I personally don't know that I could work up there because if I saw anything going on I don't think I could handle it.
sad

Morgantown, WV

#6 Jun 16, 2011
I meant that I hope people realize that not everyone who works up there is a bad person.
no freebies

Terre Haute, IN

#7 Aug 4, 2011
Mudcat wrote:
Hahahahahahaahahahahah!!! You got that right!
please

Clarksburg, WV

#8 Aug 8, 2011
some of those so called children are 18 and older and there have been numerous assaults on the guards and all the guards can do is defend themselves, they carry nothing for protection. These assaults are not rare they are the norm. The people that are on here saying treating them with respect should work one day in the guards shoes and tell me how they feel after they have been spit on, shit thrown at them(and I mean actually shit) , sent to hospital for stiches, pissed on. All of these things happen and happen often. Do you have a few that take it to far, yes but the majority of people working there are goo people and deserve everyones respect because most people wouldn't work there for any amount of money let alone for the lousy pay they get now.
Redwine

United States

#9 Aug 10, 2011
I hear that Tally Ho Joe had to go because of all the problems up there. The paper said it had nothing to do with that, but do we expect him to admit it? I say see ya dago Joe dont let the door hit you in the A@@. You screwed enough people over, maybe witness protection would be an option. I know a few people who cant wait to see you away from that place. This is by no means a threat, maybe they want to buy you a drink!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Wirt County Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Marion Tennant pre owned cars Jun '17 Kimberly Blankenahip 1
Biggest slut of Wirt County (May '16) Mar '17 Daniel Metz 4
Wirt County Music Thread (Nov '13) Feb '17 Musikologist 8
News Wirt Arson Sentence (Aug '07) Dec '11 Concerned 5
non acceptable to most (May '11) May '11 Confused 2
News Roane man believes remains are his ..... (Feb '10) Feb '10 That one girl 1
News Wirt Co. Sex Offender Caught in Georgia (Feb '09) Mar '09 Anonymous 2
More from around the web