El Paso Recall Election Update: City Council - 1, Exorcists - 0

Feb 22, 2012 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Burnt Orange Report

Happy to report some good news coming out of El Paso. After months of drama surrounding a decision to extend health benefits to same sex and unmarried domestic partners of city employees, there's finally a victory for the good guys.

Comments
1 - 3 of 3 Comments Last updated Feb 23, 2012
pda1854

El Paso, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 23, 2012

Judged:

You good guy's take away the peoples civil right to vote and be heard and you can call yourselves good guy's.This is like watching a PBS show of life in then 60's where blacks had the same right's as the white's they just couldn't use them.This City council is a disgrace.
Headline

El Paso, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 23, 2012

Judged:

The headline show bias on the newspaper's part. Newspapers are supposed to be facts reporting, not opinion based. But, then maybe it is accurate because the devil probably is the actual council leader.
No Equality

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 23, 2012

FYI- the "good guys" did not win. City council opposed the will of the voters. Why vote? It just gets overturned anyway. No means no.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Williamson County Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
texas capitol Apr '14 Rolling Papers 4
The Hateful Judge Suzanne Brooks (Apr '11) Mar '14 Wilco resident 9
Texas judge faces inquiry on wrongful conviction (Mar '12) Mar '14 Mike_O 2
Woman in Williamson County drug bust says Zetas... (Dec '13) Dec '13 Edith co-worker 1
Morton Seeks Accountability (Dec '11) Dec '13 extexan 3
Anderson appeal seeks to halt proceedings (Apr '13) Dec '13 scumbag judges 2
New judge takes oath to replace Ken Anderson (Dec '13) Dec '13 scumbag judges 1

Search the Williamson County Forum:
•••