Wichita County Commissioners Approve ...

Wichita County Commissioners Approve Drug Enforcement Division

There are 6 comments on the KAUZ story from Feb 12, 2008, titled Wichita County Commissioners Approve Drug Enforcement Division. In it, KAUZ reports that:

“I think this is an important step. Not only for the county but the outlying areas that we all work together and be proactive in an approach to drug enforcement”

The Wichita County Commissioner's Court heard first hand today, the plan by the district attorney's office to set up a Drug Enforcement Division. via KAUZ

Join the discussion below, or Read more at KAUZ.

discussted w justice WF

United States

#1 Feb 13, 2008
Is that kinda' like putting the fox in charge of the hen house!!!!
TruthSeeker

United States

#2 Feb 13, 2008
Hey Discussted, you may have a point there. We have the opportunity to "begin cleaning up" county government beginning with replacing 2 of the commissioners, Miller and Griffith. It would be a good start but until we also put Norris, Presson and Gossom in the unemployment line, it will be business (playing God, feeding egos and personal agendas) as usual.
discussted w justice wf

United States

#3 Feb 17, 2008
Now how does someone in Denver, CO know about all of our upstanding public servants? Lets not forget Mr. Elmore who a couple of years ago spent more time taking his neighbors to court over his dog running lose (Mr. elmore's dog not the neighbors dog ) and killing the neighbors chickens of course the neighbor was wrong how dare anyone defend themselves or anyone else against such arrogance!!
Carl

Denver, CO

#4 Feb 18, 2008
I am qualified to speak on our "beloved" county officials because I also maintain a home in Wichita Falls and still spend considerable time there. You're right about Elmore. I believe that he thought his position would gain him some special treatment in the court and with a jury. Didn't happen. I am most disgusted with the commissioners court. They have wasted tens of thousands of dollars fighting the results of the public vote on the raises due the sheriff's office employees. Their job is to represent the public and they have taken a position against the very people who voted them in office. It's time to put Woody Gossom, Bill Presson, Pat Norris, Joe Miller and Gordon Griffith in the unemployment line.
discussted w justice wf

United States

#5 Feb 19, 2008
You are right about putting some people in the unemployment line!!! It would be nice if Wichita had a "watch dog group" that would hold some of this people accountable but that seems to be part of the problem here an apathetic city..
shelterfromstorm

AOL

#6 Feb 20, 2008
It will be interesting to see if there will be a change of guard at commissioner's court. I particularly like the decision when they said that although you cannot set off fireworks in the city limits , you could in the country as long as you carried a 5 gallon jug of water! Yeah, that was wisdom...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Wichita County Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Steven M. Williams Interview (Nov '07) Sep '15 My name is Nobody 32
News Burk Property Owner Arrested (Jun '10) Aug '15 anonymous 3
News Man sentenced to five years in prison for sexua... (Aug '15) Aug '15 Sorry 1
News Man Tased on Highway 287 Dies (Feb '15) Feb '15 Toots 2
left behind (Dec '14) Dec '14 thomas anthony no... 1
News Patriotic Parade (Jul '14) Jul '14 Serious answers o... 1
News Robert James 'Bob' Dawson (Mar '12) Mar '14 iowa park inside 2
More from around the web