Homeowner captures alleged burglar, h...

Homeowner captures alleged burglar, holds him until police arrive

There are 6 comments on the The News Journal story from Oct 10, 2012, titled Homeowner captures alleged burglar, holds him until police arrive. In it, The News Journal reports that:

A Whitley County resident chased down and held an alleged burglar until police arrived Saturday morning, but the suspect claims that he was just out looking for his cat at 3:35 a.m. Joshua L. Bennett, 33, of 65 Wilson Road, pleaded not guilty to a charge of third-degree burglary during his arraignment Monday afternoon before District Judge Cathy ... (more)

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The News Journal.

John

United States

#1 Oct 11, 2012
Good Job Danny!!!!!
Ridgeway Boy

Monticello, AR

#2 Oct 12, 2012
Sounds like that cat (Joshua L. Bennett, 33, of 65 Wilson Road) was looking for something steal to me!!!
John

United States

#3 Oct 12, 2012
He can count himself lucky he didn't get shot
just me

United States

#4 Oct 14, 2012
well he should have been shot
D QQ

Las Vegas, NV

#5 Oct 17, 2012
Well, it's time that people started being vigilant about the darn theives!

They have been hard at for several months ....driving the county roads looking for stuff to steal. No area of the county is off-limits to the low-lifers!

And, the metal re-cyclers and pawn shops need to cooperate more with law enforcement.
simpleton

Middlesboro, KY

#6 Oct 23, 2012
D QQ wrote:
Well, it's time that people started being vigilant about the darn theives!
They have been hard at for several months ....driving the county roads looking for stuff to steal. No area of the county is off-limits to the low-lifers!
And, the metal re-cyclers and pawn shops need to cooperate more with law enforcement.
I agree with you.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Whitley County Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Sugar beets being burnt for Electricity?? Aug 8 AMaya Raider 1
need a ride to New York Aug 8 Inna Crabbottums 1
News Corrupt Kentucky sheriff brought down by reporters (May '12) Aug 8 Amaya Raider 10
brummett family (Oct '06) Jul '15 JoAnn Begley Hall 8
Whitley County Music Thread (Oct '13) Mar '15 Musikologist 6
Rhonda Damron Partin caught cheating (Feb '15) Mar '15 joyce 2
News Authorities investigating triple murder in Whit... (Feb '15) Feb '15 so sad 3
More from around the web